Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Re: Religion being taught in schools?

Just wanted to let y'all know that I just got out of the shower and I washed my hair tonight. Thought about all of you in the previous shampooing discussion and everything that was said. THANKS, GUYS!

I had no idea our pedantic discussion of hair care was of any value to anyone (including each other), but um, you're welcome!

Soap cleans because the molecule has one end that likes/is attracted to water, and one end that likes fat. It doesn't bond, but the attraction is enough to allow greasy things to be encapsulated, and then washed away with water. That's also why it forms bubbles.

If that little blurb up there was anyone one other than Bipolar, I'd say they got that from fight club, but really, I think fight club got that blurb from bipolar.

The stuff that turns animals into soap is lye, and yes it would burn your skin.

Leo~

Well, shampoo usage is all about surface area. If we assume we have a similar number of hairs on our heads (which is conservative, blondes actually have more hair, but I don't want to google how much more.) and that our hair is of similar width, then we can simplify shampoo usage down to a simple relationship of length to volume.

my hair is about and inch long, and I use just my fingertip of shampoo (twice). you said you used your palm. I know our hands might differ in size a bit but on my hand, the tip of my finger is about 1/9th of the overall area of my palm. I left off a little on the edge because I think your hands are smaller and it would be hard to hold shampoo on the edge. I figure you probably go at least twice as deep as i do because of the natural viscosity of shampoo and because making a palm sized pile thin enough to match my finger sized pile is unlikely.

So by my calculations your hair is at least 18/2*my hair length (9 inches). Then we'll adjust up for your level of blondness, and add a little extra for any palm cupping (which adds more depth). I'm guessing your hair is between 12-18 inches long. Possibly longer if your plant shampoo is thick and you pile it up in your hand.

How'd I do?

That took a long time to type and not a long time to think.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

I had to think of Fight Club as well when I explained how soap is made
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

BattleTag What Me Worry?

4 Dredd

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    Just wanted to let y'all know that I just got out of the shower and I washed my hair tonight. Thought about all of you in the previous shampooing discussion and everything that was said. THANKS, GUYS!
    We already knew...

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    If that little blurb up there was anyone one other than Bipolar, I'd say they got that from fight club, but really, I think fight club got that blurb from bipolar.
    If I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone try to sound intelligent by explaining how soap was made only for them to repeat that spiel from that movie, I'd have enough to buy a good burger.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    4 Dredd

I have one.

I also have the FSM version.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    If I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone try to sound intelligent by explaining how soap was made only for them to repeat that spiel from that movie, I'd have enough to buy a good burger.
    You are probably right, but I don't think that your reply is any wittier
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Well, that's what you get when posting when you should be sleeping.