Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A non vita sept diary

Some of my be aware that for some reason, I have decided to take on a non vita sept HC challenge. Why? Well, why not?

The rules for my sept are simple
    1. Each class must be represented
    2. Self found items - altough they do have a shared stash
    3. Each class must be in the same diffculty level
    4. Areas can be re-run as and when
    5. Re-specing is allowed (it may well be required)
    6. RWM allowed - if the Gods of Runes are kind enough

I have build ideas in my head for normal for each class and aim for this to take some time to complete, but hey, its D2 - it'll still be here in another 13 years I am sure.

I will update this every so often with (lack of) progress - but first up, my sin......

So Hot_Totty is now a week old and is lvl 33 having taken down big D in normal. She is BF sin utilising venom at the moment backed up with lvl 1 fade and lvl 1CoS and a lvl 3 Master. Her kill speed was doing ok but the major issue I had was leech. Just could not get going without having to chug pots rigth left and centre. At the start of act 3, cathans seal dropped. Excellent. Next night in Flayer Dungeon IIRC, another Cathans dropped. OK, life leech at 12%. Sorted. Blue pot junky now.

It is amazing how quickly a full blue bulb goes with BF when you have no leech. Even though the rare blade talons and venom were wiping things out, the blue pots could not keep. Then the skewer of krintiz dropped as I was clearing the River. 7% mana leech, ok a lot lower damage - about 225 per attack now - but man alive, what a difference. I ended up tanking Diablo on p8 with his attacks not really worring me as my leech was so high and ITD and massive AR, the bulbs were full. Took a while to kill him, and alas, my poor BA merc died early but big D was a breeze. Having withdrawals from blue pots now.

Other interseting things, gambled a couple of nice +1 circlets + life for my druid and sorc and having 2 sets of artic set for starting off new guys - 40% mf at lvl 2. excellent

Bring on Baal

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: A non vita sept diary

Are you doing the zon over again?

Watch out for lister and co, they are rather poison resistant.

And good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Are you doing the zon over again?

Watch out for lister and co, they are rather poison resistant.

And good luck!
    yeah Kindle was not self found so might be in need of rebuild - Kindle Fire perhaps? Lister will be a PITA I know, but as long as I am fairly safe with positioning, should be ok

Ok so have started Anthulus, my now-slightly twinked paladin. Am looking at making him a zealot of some sort but not sure what type yet. Currently sporting about 60mf which will hopefully drop some nice early game rares/uniques/sets for the rest of my gang. About to do Blood Raven and then onto Coldcrow.

My sin has just kicked Shenk into next week.

So far so good

IncGamers Member

I suggest a frost zealot with a range 3 weapon and lots of slows target. ( eg. General blah blah unique flail ), max block and darksight helm for CoS charges to shut down ranged attackers.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodbrx View Post
    I suggest a frost zealot with a range 3 weapon and lots of slows target. ( eg. General blah blah unique flail ), max block and darksight helm for CoS charges to shut down ranged attackers.
    Thats the basic plan for normal, not sure about moving forward from there with pally at them moment. Do I respec and use an HF merc or stick with a defiance merc? If they cant hit me, they cant kill me.

Can clay golem charges appear on items? I know iron golem can (Metalgrid) but dont recall ever seeing clay?

IncGamers Member

Clay golem charges on the runeword stone. Maybe others too.

and stone has +16 to vitality and and resists? Ok, that may be a plan

Ok first NDE for my sin and a really close call. Clearing one of the portal levels of the Tundra IIRC, enganged a group of champion Blood Lords. Should not be a problem - hang on. Why is my merc hiding on the other side of the bridge? Is he not coming? Run time. My SM got walloped and one of them hit me with a tough frenzy hit - took about 90% of my life. Major purple pot time trying to reach the bridge as demon imps firing at all angles at me while trying to get merc to engage and SM recast. JUST got away with it. Used 6 purples at that time but finally maanged to get safe to cast TP. Not happy with moron.

Learnings for today - run from boss packs as soon as merc is not fighting

IncGamers Member

lol

that annoys me when i am doing eldritch runs and the stupid moron stands at the side appearing to pee in the bushes whilst i get to kill everything....