Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123
Results 1,221 to 1,226 of 1226

Re: Best Of Forum Mafia WIFOA Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    How do you balance a cult in mystery win con though? you really need roles to fight the cult as well as the mafai as town, but putting them in the lineup makes it a bit of a give away, especially in this game.
    How do you balance a cult period?

I feel town and mafia needs to know the possibility of a cult exists - the first mention of a secret cult is often when they suddenly win the game. Thematic plausibility. Outright notification to all. Hints in stories. Specific knowledge given to a role and they are supposed to notify everyone else. There are many ways to notify town but I'd include the anti-cult roles of Kotaro and the ARG if Fifth was hidden in the Mystery Win Con. Hell, I'd put them (well, at least one) in even if the MWC ISN'T a cult recruiter.

Oh yeah Faulker role seemed like fun, but the usefulness could vary a ton. What exactly would you have done with pictures? Like on N1 would I get a picture of a parrot? Or would it have been parrot on a bus? Or a parrot on a bus killing someone?
    Take N2 as an example: Eight separate actions. The photo cop would see one, chosen at random. The photo cop would receive enough into to learn the role/action associated with that pic, but wouldn't be told of other info such as targets or results. Basically, the photo cop is similar to a rolecop but instead of learning the role of a specific player they learn a specific role is in the game. Photo cop could have detected Grey Man or Bumble performing a NK or whether an extra NK was due to which role.

So how do you give the cult a chance as MWC, while not letting them just take over town unseen?
    A big reason I choose Fifth was because of the 25% success rate. Cults need a brake. Fifth couldn't reasonably take over the town until late game. It was easy to get one recruit but the second recruit wouldn't happen for several more days. A third recruit would be essentially impossible but if a cult recruiter is allowed to live 8+ days they should win.

A big part of 3+ faction games is making mafia react. A cult, if not dealt with by town, needs to also be dealt with by mafia. The enemy of my enemy isn't exactly my friend, but we share a common goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post

I feel town and mafia needs to know the possibility of a cult exists - the first mention of a secret cult is often when they suddenly win the game. Thematic plausibility. Outright notification to all. Hints in stories. Specific knowledge given to a role and they are supposed to notify everyone else. There are many ways to notify town but I'd include the anti-cult roles of Kotaro and the ARG if Fifth was hidden in the Mystery Win Con. Hell, I'd put them (well, at least one) in even if the MWC ISN'T a cult recruiter.

Take N2 as an example: Eight separate actions. The photo cop would see one, chosen at random. The photo cop would receive enough into to learn the role/action associated with that pic, but wouldn't be told of other info such as targets or results. Basically, the photo cop is similar to a rolecop but instead of learning the role of a specific player they learn a specific role is in the game. Photo cop could have detected Grey Man or Bumble performing a NK or whether an extra NK was due to which role.

A big reason I choose Fifth was because of the 25% success rate. Cults need a brake. Fifth couldn't reasonably take over the town until late game. It was easy to get one recruit but the second recruit wouldn't happen for several more days. A third recruit would be essentially impossible but if a cult recruiter is allowed to live 8+ days they should win.

A big part of 3+ faction games is making mafia react. A cult, if not dealt with by town, needs to also be dealt with by mafia. The enemy of my enemy isn't exactly my friend, but we share a common goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post

Agreed, knowledge of the cult needs to exist, or they can just win the game w/o anyone realizing. I did like the dcreasing odds of a recruit, make it easy to get a few but hard to just explode.

Photojournalist would have been fun. Not the strongest role, but at least amusing (and better than vanilla). I still was hoping for a picture of a parrot killing someone on a bus though.

Just noticed that my Prof. Farnsworth role was re-animated for this game! Thanks for showing it some love <3

Wow, I wish to GOD I had checked in for this.

Tons of great characters.

Sorry about the necro, but it's stickied so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    Wow, I wish to GOD I had checked in for this.

Tons of great characters.

Sorry about the necro, but it's stickied so meh.
    Stick around and play some of the upcoming games!

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Guess I could un stick it

Yea, dude, next one is starting soon-ish.