Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

I reinstalled the game, and am getting fatal errors all the time now. Thoughts?

Hey all!

It's the title really. I tried to open 1.07 the other night, and it caused an unrecoverable error in the game startup. So I had to reinstall d2 from bnet. I backed up my characters, and the reinstall went fine. However, I'm now getting fatal error game crashes every 20 minutes or so. It might just be my assassin, as I haven't tried any other characters, but it's really frustrating. I'm trying ti get my assassin through a5 NM, and the game keeps crashing. Anyone have any thoughts about what might be causing this?

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Re: I reinstalled the game, and am getting fatal errors all the time now. Thoughts?

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

IncGamers Member

Re: I reinstalled the game, and am getting fatal errors all the time now. Thoughts?

Not sure how, but I've never seen that link heh. I've tried the relevant stuff, short of reinstalling the game again, which I may just do anyway. It's not completely confirmed, but it looks like only my sin crashes the game. I didn't have any problems with any other character.

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

Is it crashing at the ancient? If so are you using cloak of shadows on them?
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

IncGamers Member

Nope! It crashed four times in the bloody foothills and frigid highlands, and once in the arreat plateau. I thought it was my shadow, but I unsummoned her, and it crashed a few minutes later while I was running. I'll try again tomorrow evening, and if it keeps crashing, I'll just reinstall.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

But are you using cloak of shadows?

There are actually a whole bunch of things that CoS can cause to crash the game. I can't remember them all, but I think jiansonz has a list. This can happen if either you or your shadow cast it. And it happens when the spell expires, not when it's cast.

IncGamers Member

That...sounds exactly like the problem. Does anyone have the list somewhere? It would be really nice to know if I can avoid this problem lol

BattleTag kestegs-1550

You might just send a pm to jiansonz and ask him if nobody knows where it is.