Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag xxBaD3Rxx

200 Hell Mephisto run results

Hey, I've been doing some Hell Meph runs on p1/p3... Done about 200 or so by now, and here are some of my finds! String Of Ears, Arachnid Mesh, Shaftstop, Blade of Ali Baba, Magefists, Eth Crow Caw, 3 Tal Rasha Crests, Arreats Face, The Reapers Toll, Gore Riders, Kelpie's Snare, Ormus' Robes, Que-Hegan's Wisdom.

Those are about the best so far (unless I'm missing something)... how much longer should I run this guy? I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for mid-low level gear. I run him with my lvl 88 Orb sorc. usually takes me 1.5 minutes or so per run.

Also, I have 5 or 6 toxic small charms (100 pdamage over 5 sec) on my Javazon- are they worth having there? Thanks for your thoughts.

Re: 200 Hell Mephisto run results

Don't know will this help, but check it out. It shows how to easily run Mephisto without any danger.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPU7An0dtE

Easy and reasonably fast. 1.5 minutes is very slow, you can speed up runs much. Don't know about Orb, but Blizzard seems much better for running Mephisto at least. You can have like 45 seconds run with low end gear using trick from the video. You even don't need merc, he will die anyway. I don't know how fast is it possible to run Meph with Orb, never did it. If you want details about this trick and some advices how to run faster, go ahead and ask.

Run him until you are satisfied with your finds. I ran him to get Shako, Reapers etc. Whatever makes you happy will do, you can easily farm good items on him as you already know, use it to your advantage. At least try to have all basic gear like Vipermagi and such, try to get Shako if you don't have it yet etc. When I restarted the game, I ran Mephisto around 1000 times until I found what I looked for.
    Last edited by Gripphon; 27-05-2013 at 01:08.

IncGamers Member

I absolutely agree with gripphon - if you find a good map, you can get to ~30s runs with good gear. I would actually be interested in seeing the results of something like 10,000 runs, though I cba to do them

Arach mesh is one of the harder items to find, you did well for such a small number of runs.

IncGamers Member NagisaFurukawa's Avatar
    BattleTag mizu-1544

Blizzard best skill, and /p1 best choice.

There's really no need to run Mephisto at all, to be honest. Ancient Tunnels and especially Pindle are really easy to run for Blizzard sorceress regardless of wealth, and they drop nicer things than Mephisto over the long haul. Having said that, make the switch only as soon as you feel comfortable, as Mephisto can at least drop baseline gear for all of your characters much more rapidly.

Those poison charms aren't too useful, but obviously keep them if you have nothing better.

IncGamers Member In the name of Zod's Avatar

Grats on the aMesh. I've done 1000's of those darn runs and gotten 1 ethereal mesh :\

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag xxBaD3Rxx

Blizzard seems sooooo slow to me! I can't stand it! And the delay... ugh... I've done so many AT runs and never gotten anything good. Not one thing. We'll see. I'll probably switch to AT and respec my sorc to a bliz if I research it enough.

p1 is never a best choice lol...p3 on other hand yes.
    there is a huge gap between p1 and p3. and very very small one between p3 and p7. suit for yourself, but p3 is pretty much standard.

Mephisto is usually good for things like the Shako, Stormshield, Goreriders, HoZ, Mara's, and other upper end but not quite uber rare items. I've run him at least 10K and have won just about everything you can from him, minus the Stormlash. If you can get a SHako, from him, I would move on to Pindle or AT like the others have mentioned, as you'll get better items and possibly score a high rune as well.

Well I got more rune drops from Mephisto than from Ancient Tunnels and Pit combined. Not a single high rune in closely to 1,5k runs combined in Ancient Tunnels and Pit. I usually ran them between players 3 to players 7. Depending on my mood.
    I got Ist, several Ko, Fals, Lem from Mephisto and his chests. It might be my "luck" but I never got a HR drop from Ancient Tunnels and Pit. Ever. I did got Vex from Chaos Sanctuary. I never talk about certain areas unless I did at least 1k runs. I did find some nice set items and general high end unique items in those areas. As I collect all the items in the game, from Biggin's Bonet to Tyrael's Armor.