Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: Skellie/fishy-mancer weapons

I'll admit it: I never saw the reason for all the hating on Arm of King Leoric. It gives +skills. Summoners really like +skills. It's good. I found one with my first paladin or druid or something a long, long time ago, and gave it to my first summoner to complete Hell, using it pretty much without a switch the whole time. I did later try Beast on the switch, and kept it mainly because it's a good option for killing bosses faster by having the necro join in the melee. I really think if I wanted to do another summoner some day (I like them, but they're extremely reliant on Corpse Explosion to avoid falling asleep in Hell), I'd still go with Arm of King Leoric.

IncGamers Member

Fleshripper has 25% Crushing Blow and you can get a little to hit bonus from Poison Dagger. Gull Dagger is 100% Magic Find. Both are very findable

I have probably a very silly question - according to the web, the Insight runeword is only available on the ladder. Is this true?

Yes, but for SP you can use RWM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagaz View Post
    Yes, but for SP you can use RWM.
    And RWM would be .... ?

I need some help picking a weapon for my merc. (I've been playing for only a couple of months and I have a math phobia, so please be kind ... )

I have access to the following polearms. I won't give you all the specs for them as you probably know them, but I can if you want them:

Bardiche, 1-27 with 3 os
    Bramble Pod 18-45 has life leech
    Demon Spike 23-50
    Dread Impaler 21-49
    Ghoul Gutter 13-30
    Poleaxe, ethereal 27-58
    The Battlebranch 30-65
    Viper Bite 34-82
    Voulge 6-21 with 4 os
    Bitter Fang Poleaxe 51-109

I just started hell and it's not going well ... merc in particular is dying too much.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtru View Post
    And RWM would be .... ?
    Runeword mod. It's a pretty popular way to get the ladder-only runewords for single-player. All the cool kids are doing it. Insight is one of those runewords.

I need some help picking a weapon for my merc. (I've been playing for only a couple of months and I have a math phobia, so please be kind ... )

I have access to the following polearms. I won't give you all the specs for them as you probably know them, but I can if you want them:

Bardiche, 1-27 with 3 os
    Bramble Pod 18-45 has life leech
    Demon Spike 23-50
    Dread Impaler 21-49
    Ghoul Gutter 13-30
    Poleaxe, ethereal 27-58
    The Battlebranch 30-65
    Viper Bite 34-82
    Voulge 6-21 with 4 os
    Bitter Fang Poleaxe 51-109

I just started hell and it's not going well ... merc in particular is dying too much.

Some of those are names for "rare" weapons. Someone else probably knows more details about those, but my understanding is that they're pretty variable. Just knowing the names probably doesn't tell anyone which is best.

I guess I should reframe the question. Is the damage point more important than, for example, life leech? If an item has 4% life leech but low damage, does that make it more desirable than an item with high damage and no leech?

IncGamers Member

If you're having problems with your merc dying, you're probably going to want your merc to have some source of life leech. It doesn't have to come from the weapon necessarily (for example, you could get it from a Vampire Gaze helm), although that's the most likely source. Attack rate is another important consideration.

I guess I should reframe the question. Is the damage point more important than, for example, life leech? If an item has 4% life leech but low damage, does that make it more desirable than an item with high damage and no leech?
    For most chars having some sort of life leech is the top priority along with resists. But for necros if your lad has comrades to help him share the blows, then raw DPS is more important so just dmg and attack speed is more important.