Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

IncGamers Member

Hello!

I'm 52 years old widow and my sons bought me Diablo III for my last birthday. All was well but my "old" computer didn't have the video capability to run the game. When I told them, my sons, instead of buying me a new computer, installed LoD on my computer. So I'm now trying to play the game, but I die a lot. So can you tell me what character is the easiest to play?

Btw. I was forwarded to this site when I mentioned my problem at my work.

Anja

Re: Hello!

Fishymancer is probably the easiest, and will provide an educational experience to help with your future characters. Have fun

BattleTag Grisu-2156

Welcome to the wonderful world that is the Single Player Forum!

Three things first:
    1) A belated happy birthday!
    2) Great sons! I hope my girl will buy me video games once she's no toddler anymore
    3) What kind of work is it, where co-workers know about the Diablo 2 SPF???

Anyways, Kitteh pointed out a great guide for a rather safe character. Mursilis's guide gives a more general overview over all classes and provides the links to various builds. Also, there are tons of guides in the stickies...but it's really a lot to read - I'd start with the two links provided.

Of course, feel free to ask any questions you have! We generally try to answer all of them.

IncGamers Member

I'm working in a logistics company as an analyst. I'm a mathematician (or what ever) and my job is to try to figure the future, by making better prediction systems.

Anja

Well, AnjaS, you win unexpected SPForumite entrance of the forever. Fishy is very easy to play and can go naked (no gear) through entire game. Though it is a pretty slow class. You could give javazon a go, they're a blast.

Many welcomes ja hyvää syntäri!

BattleTag kestegs-1550

You have some great friends and family!

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the fray! It seems that some of the traditional welcoming traditions have been forgotten, so I'll do my best...

***Steals AnjaS' wallet***
    ***Kicks AnjaS' shins***
    ***Runs away laughing maniacally... "GOOD LUUUuuuuuuuck!"

OK - Formalities aside...

Are you playing 1.12 (standard install version these days) or 1.13 (most recent patch where the runes are in orange text)? Not that it impacts your question, but will help address future potential issues.

So, yeah, Fishy is the standard n00b character, but it all depends on your style. Do you like planning ahead and letting your handywork speak for itself while you watch? Then, yes, Fishy is for you.

But, do you prefer to be directly involved in the action, taking on all comers with weapon in hand? Well, then, a Frosty Zealot (Paladin) might be your calling?

Or, do you want a character that will find the most high-value target for awesome items (Hell Mephisto) and kill him multiple times for maximun accumulation of gear for various characters? If this is the case, you might want to consider a Blizzard Sorc.

There are a lot of options, depending on how you like to play the game.

(and welcome, fellow prognosticator! I'm an actuary, so I'm familiar with attempting to see into the future)

IncGamers Member In the name of Zod's Avatar

Hello and welcome to the single player forum. I would suggest and paladin. They're one of the most versatile characters of the bat. Maybe a zealadin or whatever they're called. Its been a while for me sorry. Have fun

Diablo 2 is a pretty difficult game to get into from scratch, and you'll probably find most of the guides on this forum difficult to read as many are written under the assumption the reader is at least fairly knowledgable of the game and how it works.

Honestly, I recommend you have a go with all of the characters through at least the first Act of Normal. Enjoying Diablo is more about finding your preferred style than looking for the easiest character to play with IMHO.

I don't actually have any additional information to what I've already given you (except my HF zealot guide, but I won't link it to you unless you ask as I'm not great at writing guides :P), but I just wanted to say that I think it is fantastic that people are still 'new' to D2. It makes me emotional