Highlord's wrath
    Ravenfrost
    Razortail
    Death track ( rare boots )
    Eagle eye ( rare ring )
    Spirit fist ( crafted KB gloves )

Switch: Call to arms ( 6 BO), Lidless wall

Inventory: 7x Fletcher's grand charms, some with life/fhr

Merc: A2 might merc, Fortitude, Andariel's visage, Infinity.

Readouts

Spoiler

Thoughts

Well, this one's been on the table for a long time, the goal being to make a frost amazon capable of kicking *** and being very smooth and easy to play. I had gathered up the items for a long time and used respecs on a lvl 94 alt to try it out in about 100 players 8 Worldstone keep runs, so there weren't many surprises. All that was left was to make a new character, and play it through the game..

With all the items equipped, this was a difficult character to play.. Not. I rolled through the whole game at p8 ( excepting bosses ). Turns out playing through the game is much easier than doing players 8 worldstone keep runs. Holy freeze aura and knockback shut down melee enemies, slow missiles and decoy shut down ranged ones, and anything non cold immune was frozen and shattered or slowed by mass frost nova procs. Exploding arrow did an okay job dealing with immunities ( why anyone would use strafe for this purpose, EA is 100 times better ), merc/GA killed dual immunes. A 1k manapool with 12% ML kept potion popping to a minimum and 23% LL helped too. I could have done with a little more frw though, and constantly needing to pick up arrows was irritating, but nothing to be done about that. I also avoided getting poisoned ( or used antidotes ), as I had low poison resists.

There was one part of the game that gave me pause, WSK1 with 2-3 bosspacks of frenzytaurs ( unaffected by freeze ), with might, fanaticism, extra fast with CI witches behind them with amp, multishot, extra strong. Boy, those took a while and a lot of retreating, slow missiles, decoy and many merc revives. But otherwise yeah, it's very strong and really enjoyable to play. Pierce+splash ownz. There is something hypnotic about shooting a few arrows and watching the whole screen explode into showers of tiny ice crystals.

Deaths: None ( lot of close calls though )
    Finds: None ( well, some random Ist )

Amazon sept completion- 6/7

Re: Matriarch Ygritte, the Icemaiden

Nice!

I haven't tried EA but I have been enjoying strafe on my FA/strafer for AT.
    Vigor bow for FA (pffftt, who needs skills) and windeh for strafe!

Which one is next, or are you going to surprise us? Wandazon?

I demand a full dex mavina fuzzydodger (I planned to make one myself, but I'm too lazy, and I already have, like, 7 or 8 non-druid werebears).

Edit: threw some numbers together - this one is going to have around 11k dps and at least 1k life.
    Edit2: ummm I mean... Cool character and all Too bad you were not rewarded with some fancy loot.
    Last edited by naranjadita; 23-05-2013 at 10:16.

IncGamers Member

Hah, no all my zons are standard builds.
    My next and last one is a physical dmg spearazon.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag thefranklin-1107

Nice character! You get the award for being the only non-ES build to invest in energy.

Out of curiosity, did you try alternate bows or just stick with ice?

IncGamers Member

Ha, I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that.
    These days I sometimes put 50-100 pts energy on necros and sorcs. Imo energy = sux is a limited and outdated way of thinking. Even more so for SC.

I've done a faith based FA/strafe using respecs earlier, and it works, but its just not the same thing. Faith is so much better suited for multi/strafe/magic arrow builds..
    And ofc I made my first FA/EA frostmaiden using the M'avina set with insight merc over a year ago. Too lazy to dig up the thread..

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag thefranklin-1107

Energy = sux is true when you have an optimized character made for running things, but for questing with different type characters for fun it doesn't sound that bad.

Don't worry, I dug up the thread and it was a great read.

I sense a pretty big distaste for bows, has that changed? I know that bows just flat out do less damage, with the best faith is only as damaging as an average one handed melee weapon, and you gotta hit that with a three quarters penalty if you want to hit more than one guy at a time! The only advantage would be that ranged characters would be able to put more points into dex than a melee character that needs life, but CTA has balanced that out.

IncGamers Member

Yea, I definitely got over it.
    Low dmg of bows are compensated by the fact that it is so much distributed damage with multi/strafe/pierce. I made this vid for pit runs.
    Bowa's are still weak vs bosses and high hp stuff, and considering my previous opinions I guess they have a lot of problems untwinked.