Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Site Pal
    BattleTag VTMatt

Re: HC WD's Who do you voodoo? (How are you doing?)

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Drop Jungle fort > go grave injustice. You're running a thing, no reason not to.
    Spirit walk try honored guest with grave injustice. Your life may have just improved.
    Hey Delano, my mana isn't much of an issue for the bear WD. It's the backup bats WD which I've been having mana issues on. (So the one with a ToTD isn't having mana issues, the one with a shield is).

My main problem with grave injustice is that it's not very helpful against elites. It's basically free mana against white mobs, since you can just mow them down and get mana back for each kill. Against elites though, you're not killing en masse, so the mana/life returns are much smaller. In those cases, I think I'd rather have the DR from jungle fort.

That does however bring up another option for the bat dr. While I like the shield quite a bit, it might be worth dropping it for a mojo. I have a nice rare, and a high end ToTD in my stash, and I've seen others using uhkapian(sp?) serpent. May toss around the idea of dropping the shield for one of those.

IncGamers Member

Well I finally found a build that convinces me:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/28819479

For normal mobs I just spirit walk into them, the soul harvest them and use bats quick to finish what's left. Fire Bomb for when I want to be just sitting back from afar. Works really well :-)

BattleTag Stalkman-1754

I'm surprised that you have jaunt on spirit walk rather than honored guest. Do you have sustain issues being aggressive speced out like that?

IncGamers Member

I'm surprised that you have jaunt on spirit walk rather than honored guest. Do you have sustain issues being aggressive speced out like that?
    Well I have never even thought about changing the rune, to be honest. When I run from mob to mob, I like having 3 secs of Spirit Walk for covering more ground, but I guess I should consider that option. Even more because I only have 3.3k armor and that is not a lot of damage reduction... Thanks for the idea!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrsilva View Post
    Well I have never even thought about changing the rune, to be honest. When I run from mob to mob, I like having 3 secs of Spirit Walk for covering more ground, but I guess I should consider that option. Even more because I only have 3.3k armor and that is not a lot of damage reduction... Thanks for the idea!
    Oh and one more thing, since I use 4 Zunimassa set pieces, I get quite a bit of mana regen and mana per kill, to which adds the Gruesome Feast bonus. If I changed the rune it would be maybe to Healing Journey, but for now I am ok. I managed to upgrade my Manajuma knife, so now I am like this:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/28819479

BattleTag Stalkman-1754

What was the DPS of the knife pre ruby?

IncGamers Member

What was the DPS of the knife pre ruby?
    It was 961,x. there was another one on AH with 1007 base dps and socket, but only 78% CD and when I compared both with my old one, same damage increase. The one I bought had an acceptable buyout price, whereas the other one had a minimum of 800M and no buyout, so the choice was crystal clear for me :-)

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Damn, I found a 7xx one some days ago, sold it for 1.5M. Slight difference

IncGamers Member

Well I almost died last night. This showed me that the idea that with LS and my current setup, apart from lowish armor, I was close to invincible in MP3 and that my modus operandi was close to perfect, was just silly. For white mobs what I usually do is to run fast to them, spirit walk into them sometimes, SH and then quick bats, and everything vanishes. I use Spirit Walk sometimes between mobs but when there are many minions at the same place, I tend to use it to get inside the mob and clean them fast. So far so good.

Last night I see a pack of elites and no easy way to step in. What do I do? Quick Spirit Walk, SH and go for bats. With LS this is usually more than ok. But when I hit the bats, I get jailed, poison on the ground and I believe desecrated too. The other problem was that the elites moved a bit and none was in range of bats for damage dealing and leech. Final problem was that Spirit Walk was used for getting in and I could not use it right away to get the hell out. So HP drops quick from 65K to like 5K, red screen and Spirit Vessel kicks in. Just after it does, I get my Spirit Walk out of CD, and I run away like a lunatic. Of course I went to town, and as soon as Spirit Vessel's CD was over, I returned to the elites and, with more caution, nailed them. Quite a rush!

So this is part of the reason HC is so great: after hours and hours of calm play, adrenaline rush and near death. I am not sure if I was sweating after that, hehehehe

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Close call :o

Always risky to use a defensive skill offensively if you get my drift. I stopped using serenity that way a long time ago, now only using it as the get-out of jail skill.