Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BattleTag o0mpie-2478

Re: HC WD's Who do you voodoo? (How are you doing?)

Hi all,

at the moment I have a barb and demonhunter dabbling about in Inferno, so I felt it was time to once again introduce some more variety in my playtime and started up a WD. No idea what to go for yet, but I Cancelled some auctions that I had put up, so a Zuni armor and Thing of the Deep are sitting in stash for when he reaches 60. Haven't got any levelling items for him except one of my barb's unused Hellfire Rings and some gems, ofcourse.

Sitting at 20, comfortably taking on A2 @MP5: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/o.../hero/16220515

BattleTag aeacos-1518

Finally decided to register myself an account here, loved to lurke I guess. :(

Here is my first real go at HC: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/a.../hero/34473974

Figure I'll hit 60 and just start farming the crap out of the game until I can afford some decent lvl60 gear.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag FireStormNZ-1915

Quote Originally Posted by aeacos View Post
    Finally decided to register myself an account here, loved to lurke I guess. :(
    Welcome! I checked out your WD, and you look to be pulling a reasonable amount of DPS for someone not lvl 60 yet. Depending on if you like Group Play I would probably aim for a strategy kind of like this.

Hit lvl 60, see what upgrades you can get for $250k or less. You can probably upgrade all your slots for really cheap! At that point evaluate if you are willing to launch into Inferno Act 1 MP 1. This is for group play mind you. In HC at the moment groups are clearling A1 MP1 extremely quickly and efficiently with very little risk. Once you can contribute a little
    and be reasonably confident that you won't die you can jump into a pub game and enjoy the ride! XP will come quickly and you might even get some self found upgrades.

At about 25k DPS you can contribute a little bit of DPS to your group but you will need probably a minimum of 400k EHP, you can try doing it with less but if a charging bull hits you it will HURT!

If you are planning on soloing Inferno your stats will probably need to be a bit different, but seriously consider public groups. There are some very geared high Plvl people running A1 MP1 at the moment.

IncGamers Member

Hey there!

Back to Diablo after 3 month break (and first post here ). My friend helped me to complete the Zuni Set for the fourth set bonus and it is a huge difference:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/H.../hero/21885028

Life and resistance are not that good but I hope it will get better (damage is always too low ).

I am really enjoying the public games with 1.0.8...

BattleTag Stalkman-1754

Whoops. Signed onto conference call too early, when the presented loaded in minimized and crashed D3. You know the story, morning glory.

IncGamers Site Pal
    BattleTag VTMatt

Hit paragon 70 with my main char, the WD I've been running for a long time now (much longer than any other chars I have, past or present).
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/V.../hero/22468285

Farming mp4-5 pretty comfortably with her, mostly in a2-3. Up to now, I've been mostly putting my limited funds into other chars (Have an inferno capable char of each class except monk at the moment, including a backup WD), but I think it's time to look for some upgrades to her loot. I'd really like to hit 100-110kdps without dropping much survivability. Thoughts? Decent DPS socketed Manajumas knifes are ungodly expensive, as are CC Zuni hats.

I've been trying to roll a better amulet, as I think that's easily her weakest piece. Dropping the SOJ would give me a nice paper DPS boost, but I like the mana and elite damage too much to lose it I think.

On another note, the backup WD is just paragon 2 or so, but so far I've been going sword/board firebats with her. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/V.../hero/30858775

After a little playing, I'm thinking I need gruesome feast. My general strategy is to run around hording a group, dropping rain of toads as necessary (I managed to squeeze around 1k LoH on the ammy/ring). Once I have a large group, I post up in the middle and annihilate them with the bat cloud. Works exceptionally well except that I run out of mana on elites on mp3+. Since I tend to have large groups, they often drop a lot of globes. Because bat damage goes up the longer you hold it uninterrupted, it'd be great to snag those globes without moving.

What have you other bat WDs done for mana sustain?

BattleTag Stalkman-1754

Drop Jungle fort > go grave injustice. You're running a thing, no reason not to.
    Spirit walk try honored guest with grave injustice. Your life may have just improved.

IncGamers Member

Well here is my toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/28819479

I admit I have not been playing it much because my main investment was/is on the DH I have. Sometimes I do play him and if my DH bites it, I have a replacement. I don't use Bears like many do because I have a lot of ias and mana runs out. The bats are great though for when elites or big fast mobs come through my minions, the damage output is just crazy, specially when buffed...

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

I see a lot of WH in pubs and they all us either bears or bats. Bears usally on normal groups and bats (cloud) on elites. I just checked the skills, bats rise in damage so that makes sense. I've never seen them with your DPS though JR :-)

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grishok View Post
    I see a lot of WH in pubs and they all us either bears or bats. Bears usally on normal groups and bats (cloud) on elites. I just checked the skills, bats rise in damage so that makes sense. I've never seen them with your DPS though JR :-)
    Well my dps is great for MP3 at least, but I am confident i could solo 4. Nevertheless, 3 is more than fine :-)