Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Majo666-2473

Re: HC WD's Who do you voodoo? (How are you doing?)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think you could probably drop it now, unless you're having many close calls with your current setup. If you're feeling pretty safe currently, you could go ahead and drop it for a mojo. As Delano said, you have a lot of life and not a lot of DPS, so the mojo/shield slot might be a good place to shift that ratio a little bit. That being said, your resists are on the low side as well, so if you're already feeling vulnerable with your current setup, it might be worth trying to swap your vit shield for one with some more resists/blocking on it.

As a side note, I'd highly recommend fitting spirit walk into your build somewhere, its the one WD skill I wouldn't play without on any spec
    Thanks for the reply. I tried act 1 @ MP1 and that was too much for me. Probably keep farming act 2 @ MP0 for awhile.

I just tried out Spirit walk and was surprised to see the enhanced move speed. It's not hard to see that it would be a life saver if you get jailed/walled in some desecrate/plagued/whatever.
    I have used "Zombie dogs/For the master" as some sort of "panic button" along with Spirit Vessel passive.
    Will Spirit Vessel work the same as Spirit walk?

I will make the switch however i think!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I was surprised to see that WDs were the least represented class on the Year One Infographic article (http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...one-statistics)... I started this WD basically from the ground up, and she's been my main character for 95% of the time I've been playing D3. Even with the terrible gear she started with, and the tougher gameplay in the earlier patches, I found WDs to be one of the safer classes, so I'm still surprised they were so seemingly unpopular!
    I think there have been so few HC WDs created because they don't die so people don't need to build more. I could be wrong, of course... it would've been nice to see total *living* HC characters per class.

BattleTag Stalkman-1754

I have too little impulse control for HC I think. Starting again.

BattleTag Stalkman-1754

I'm back at 60 after a week of taking it easy. I find I live longer (more time played) when I'm able to play less. For me, when doing act 1 MP 1 runs, as this is all my gear will reasonably support, for too long I get impatient and impulsive. From there it's risk taking, despite all manner of intellectual knowledge of how that ALWAYS ends for me in HC. I have significant admiration for some of you guys that have the single-mindedness to blow through so many PLs so quickly. Maybe it's because I'm an older gamer that's spent most of my life doing repetitive, grindy things in games that are in some way or another like D3. Can anyone else relate to this?

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

I don't have time to play a lot, maybe 3x 1,5 hours a week. I must say after 1-2 hours of playing I get a bit numb and switch to autopilot. It is a good thing to stop playing then I guess, so not having time to do a long session maybe helps me in a way :-)

IncGamers Member

Long time lurker first or second time posting lol. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/32030670 My second HC character. Just farming A1 MP1 until I feel comfortable enough for diablo which I think I'm fine for now but in no rush. Swapped out gruesome feast for bad medicine just to try it out and got rid of the shield (finally) for a mojo. So far pretty comfortable.

BattleTag Stalkman-1754

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/33759986

Getting my feet under me. Have upgraded 3 pieces that haven't updated and still have ~19 mil in the bank, which I know is a rounding error to some of you. My question is what's a safe-ish build for wds to farm the machine plan and do ubers? I've yet to get a hellfire ring, and with small incremental progression I believe I'm getting close to being able to start building one.

BattleTag Stalkman-1754

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/33759986

Coming along nicely. For a week or so, my goal was to get Zuni's marrow for the 4 piece bonus to dramatically increase my sustain when using bears. However, recently I switched to the cloud of bats build which is far less mana intensive for the smaller AoE. Now, I'm not quite sure what to spend my ~19 million on for upgrades. I could try and craft a better chest or amulet, but the odds of something better than I have coming of it are low. I'm reluctant to craft when I don't have that much in the bank. My other idea was to try and get a lower DPS Mana's knife with a socket and put a high grade ruby in it to try and squeeze more DPS out that way. For pants, it's looking like either Depth Diggers or Blackthorne's. For some reason, Depth Diggers aren't too popular among the players here. Is that because of the LoH that Blackthorne's has, or just the big HP boost?

IncGamers Member

Reinstalled this game about a week ago and my WD and Barb (havent geared barb yet) are now lvl 60 ^^

this is my WD so far:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/14625027

Aiming to get other Zunimassa items ~ so expensive >< !

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag FireStormNZ-1915

Hi all,

I just dinged 60 yesterday with my WD. Rolled a WD after I lost my monk. I've been farming Inferno A1 MP1 with a Barb mate. My thoughts so far are: I am always out of mana - always. My WD is very squishy. This is with 400k EHP and my Resists sit around 800. I will be looking to stack some Vitality to grab another 100k EHP or so. Ghost bomb does negligible damage to white mobs to the point of almost no point using it. I need some better sustain so I am investigating LOH options with Rain of Toads or Fire Pit. Also considering switching out Bears for Acid Rain. Running Grave Injustice means that Spirit Walk is almost never on CD. I use it all the time for repositioning. BBV is almost never on CD either which is why I will be switching it out to Rain Dance shortly. I don't know how other WD's solve their mana issues but mana is huge for me.

Gear wise my Frog is self found - and it rocks! I would like some more Pick up Range though to improve Grave Injustice. The Zuni set items are absurdly expensive - the cheapest Marrow on the HC AH is around $9.5 million. I won't be looking to upgrade to Zuni items for some time. It really is a great time to be a new lvl 60 though. Some quality items on the AH sell for 500k or less.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/F.../hero/11721313

Edit: Forgot to say, it is crazy playing a class with so many builds that seem viable!
    Last edited by FireStormNZ; 08-07-2013 at 01:30. Reason: Update