Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag PwrdOff-1551

Re: HC WD's Who do you voodoo? (How are you doing?)

LM, my friend runs a summon build centered around fetish psycophants passive. He channels vampire bats to proc the fetish summons and they do an ungodly amount of damage. He got super lucky last night and found the Jeram mask which adds 97% bonus to pet damage as well, and now the fetishes crit for 1 mil at a time haha.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag bulvine-1904

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    LM, my friend runs a summon build centered around fetish psycophants passive. He channels vampire bats to proc the fetish summons and they do an ungodly amount of damage. He got super lucky last night and found the Jeram mask which adds 97% bonus to pet damage as well, and now the fetishes crit for 1 mil at a time haha.
    Can you hook me up with his bnet id so I can look at his gear and the build? Even if you pm it to me.

Thanks,

IncGamers Member

T1 enemies have roughly MP5 levels of health. Real question is how many dart spitters could you get and other than area damage what sort of AoE options are available? Because you could probably smash things quick if you have your attacks mirrored a dozen times or more.

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore
    BattleTag solwolf-1550

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hazani View Post
    T1 enemies have roughly MP5 levels of health. Real question is how many dart spitters could you get and other than area damage what sort of AoE options are available? Because you could probably smash things quick if you have your attacks mirrored a dozen times or more.
    Well, I usually have about 2-5 fetishes following me from my normal Splinters (poison dart) attacks and from casting Acid Rain (Acid Cloud) on packs. Both attacks proc the Fetish Sycophant passive. When I hit a boss pack, I pop Fetish Army and add 5 more, then just PEW PEW at the pack until dead, which usually does not take long on Hard difficulty. POISON DARTS E'RRYWHERE. Oh, and if I'm moving or repositioning, the fetishes just roll into melee range and start whackin' away. Win/Win.

For bosses I swap out Acid Rain and use Voodoo Dance (slam dance rune) for +attack speed and +30% dmg. I killed Belial in about 3 seconds that way.

I'm using the Fetish Army rune that drops the cooldown to 90 seconds, but the +2 fetishes one is also great. Switched one passive to the one that drops skill cooldowns by 1 second when a monster dies within gold pickup range to have my Fetish Army available more often.

So between Acid Rain and Poison Dart, and the couple +psn damage gear items with +Fetish Army or +Poison Dart damage, I've got really solid AoE and single target damage, plus 3 zombie dogs and a garg as tanks. Very safe, very powerful, and Spirit Vessel if things get hairy.

IncGamers Member

I just checked the wording. It's 5% per attack to summon. Sounds like the best thing to do is spam IAS.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag bulvine-1904

I tried the Fetish Sycophants builds, I mainly use Fire Bats/Vampire Bats to trigger the effect it works very well. With my skill combo I tend to have 8+ fetishes at a time. I don't use Fetish Army in my build. Steve seems to be right attack speed with continual damage spells seem to really trigger the Fetish Syco proc. According to a really good thread in the main b.net WD forum +Fetish Army damage does not affect Fetish's from Fetish Syco, they also do not benefit from crit damage. They do benefit from minion damage, attack speed, and plus physical damage. I think the build works well overall even on T1. It would be amazing with the minion damage helm and/or tasker and theos.
    Last edited by liquid_mage; 10-03-2014 at 03:02.

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore
    BattleTag solwolf-1550

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hazani View Post
    I just checked the wording. It's 5% per attack to summon. Sounds like the best thing to do is spam IAS.
    I totally agree. I don't use bats to proc the fetishes b/c of the leg hat that makes fetishes shoot a psn dart whenever I do.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Solwolf View Post
    I totally agree. I don't use bats to proc the fetishes b/c of the leg hat that makes fetishes shoot a psn dart whenever I do.
    Yeah, but couldn't you throw Vampire Bats in somewhere and just hold it down for a second to get some quick help then start the dart spam?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag bulvine-1904

I'm still using the Fetish Sycophants build. I hate not having Grave Injustice to reset SW/SH right now as i'm using Pierce the Veil. But overall its a solid build.

I had not found any new items the last 3-4 days until yesterday. I lost 4% dps but gained 33% toughness, and 30% healing. Tougeznut found an Eternal Union that he gave to me, then I found a Carnevil helm, and I found a rare belt that was a slight upgrade.

With the Carnevil helm, I will need to try poison dart. But I can't help but think that it's just better to spam bats and get more Fetish's.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag PwrdOff-1551

hey LM didnt check this thread, but here is my friend's tag. He found the WD knife that makes fetish attacks lower BBV by 1 second per hit, and now the build is even stronger. Poison dart fetish build is by far worse than just letting them run around and stab things. I would not ditch grave injustice, the bonus to SW cooldown can be a life saver. He's been soloing t4 with the fetish build. Stack as much attack speed and phys % damage as possible. crit chance and chd aren't that important at all.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/10762601