Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

Re: HC WD's Who do you voodoo? (How are you doing?)

I managed to snag a Manajumas Knife for 10MIL with a Socket so now I have the LIFE LEECH mod at 2.80 .. But it dropped my Dps about 10K so I removed the Spirit Vessel passive and went with Pierce the Veil.. If I hit 5 health globes and get 5 with Soul Harvest my Dps jumps up to 140K and with 900 Loh + 2.80 Life leech, a couple Bear Spams and some Frogs and my life replenishes so Im feeling pretty good. And as a side note I just realized that the Grave Injustice picture is actually a Crow sitting on a tombstone..... I thought it was a hooded grim reaper looking thing for a looong time.. LOL

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Aahzmadius-1570

Everybody say it with me:

"TheDarkSide, do NOT remove the Spirit Vessel passive!"

Seriously, I'd leave that one on your bar for awhile, especially since it grants cooldown reduction on Spirit Walk as well. I think you should also invite certain tanky wizards to group with you-just for some extra D/C resistance.

Good call on the GI portrait-I made that mistake as well! Especially embarrassing for me since in SC the WD was my main char.

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

Quote Originally Posted by Aahzmadius View Post

Hahah yea I know - survival over DPS anyday !! I seem to have that same issue with the ohh so squishy Wizard .....

IncGamers Site Pal
    BattleTag VTMatt

Quote Originally Posted by Aahzmadius View Post
    I'd have to agree That one has never and will never leave my WD's arsenal.

IncGamers Member

Well my WD is quite decent: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/28819479

This is to say I never EVER drop Spirit Vessel (SV). I had 3.3k armor only with this level of AR and HP, and I did trigger SV a couple times, one of which while hitting a Damage Reflection elite, even with LS on me from Manajuma's. In mp5+, that hurts.

That said, I have been getting some advise from my friend Terby, one could say an expert on WDs (much more than I am), and I am now using Horrify (Frightening Aspect) for armor bonus, and charging in on a Damage Reflection elite with 7k+ armor is much safer. Also Mass Confusion rocks with elites, and with that rune they take a bit more damage too.

Please note that I use Firebomb only for solo play. When I team up, I switch it for wither Locust Swarm or Bears...

Cheers

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Ah Terby, he knows his stuff When I can bare NOT playing my monk and refresh my WD, I'll check these tips out. I've got 2 slots which are now used for ZD and Garg, can use one on Horrify/Confusion.

've played with some nice WD's, some use Skorn some Manu's. Interested in pro's and con's, I can think of:

Skorn: less mana, cheap DPS, 5.x life steal (!)
    Manu: pickup radius offhand, mana regen, more EHP

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grishok View Post
    Ah Terby, he knows his stuff When I can bare NOT playing my monk and refresh my WD, I'll check these tips out. I've got 2 slots which are now used for ZD and Garg, can use one on Horrify/Confusion.

've played with some nice WD's, some use Skorn some Manu's. Interested in pro's and con's, I can think of:

Skorn: less mana, cheap DPS, 5.x life steal (!)
    Manu: pickup radius offhand, mana regen, more EHP
    Well Mass Confusion is my own decision. Terby uses Locust Swarm, but Mass Confusion is so helpful against elites. Truth is, I do not seem to need a 3rd damage dealing skill, at least for mp5/6... As for the other discussion, I just hate 2handers, so no argument here, hehe

IncGamers Member

Well I managed to achieve the stat goals I had: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/28819479

I am now above 1M EHP while keeping DPS higher than 180k. I did lower 30k dps in order to do so, but I have no regreats, because WD's kill so fast anyways. I did try Blood Ritual instead of Gruesome Feast for a while, and although BR is great for survivability, GF adds quite a bit of damage (even if I rarely achieve the 5 stacks), and after lowering my DPS to get EHP, I find it nice to boost DPS a bit.

Cheers all!

BattleTag kauhistus-2224

Just out of curiosity jrsilva, what MP do you usually farm for XP? Your gear is awesome

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by ismo View Post
    Just out of curiosity jrsilva, what MP do you usually farm for XP? Your gear is awesome
    Well I mostly solo due to the lack of people to team up with. When I do solo, and because of eventual DC's, I don't go higher than MP5. I kill fast enough and my EHP allows me to be fairly safe. When I do team up, well it can be anything from 5 to 9. I did 2 MP8 runs the other day and it went fine, because the team was strong, although I did get a scary situation with a damage reflection and extra health elite pack (too long to kill and when the armor bonus from Horrify would end, then hitting them did more damage to me than to them, hehehe).

Cheers