Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: HC Demonhunters!.. How are you guys doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Vega View Post
    Yeah, them gems are LEET stuff indeed Working on them as we speak, and with a budget of around 1.5M, it's gonna' take a short while, hehe.

I like the fact that you are sticking to rapid fire, as I am a fan of the bombardment rune, though I do believe that without the pierce rune, as you mention, it's a bit of a dangerous skill, being channeled and attacking 1 target at a time. Will be interesting to see how you make it work for you in the future.

Brooding is a great one, and a passive jrsilva is really loving, though I cannot give in to the thought of dropping TA and VAULT, while dropping perfectionist or vengeance would also be crazy, one lowering my defences, the other making me unable to sutstain the spraying of multishot.
    I will perhaps one day try dropping TA for a more offensive passive, but as you say, less manouverability means more chance of dying for a HC DH, I feel.
    Well again, glad I could be of assistance. And now here's how my little (PL10) DH is doing:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/27880692

I would say so far so good. Problem is that I feel I almost ran out of upgrades (the rest is simply too expensive), considering my goal of 300k. Maybe crafting great shoulders with more hp than my VW while maintaining the dps, and that would allow me to then craft new bracers with more dps and a bit less hp (I will not drop form 70k, as stated before). Nevertheless, even if I do not get any further gear improvements, I am very happy to say that this DH is perhaps as good or even better than my former DH. I never imagined I could remake him so well :-)

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    I tried bombardment when I was leveling but didn't really like it, but it looks to have the highest DPS potential of all the runes. I'll have to try it out again.

I don't think I could drop vault or TA, they're just too good. They've already likely saved my life many times. Vault just works so well to get out of dangerous situations, especially those nasty wall-ins that happen sometimes where you have to go right past the elites to get out. Or that time when you very vortexed in by a molten pack.

My goal is to get enough hatred Regen so I don't have to use a generator at all and can use either sentry or fan of knives in addition to rapid fire.
    Well my main killer skill is MS, period. I tried others, Elemental Arrow (Ball Lightning) does the job but it's too slow. Covering Fire is fun but it's like a minor version of MS, no hatred problems but much less AoE and that involuntary or unplanned vault can be annoying. Others I simply don't like. That said, and taking MS for granted in my build, Vengeance is mandatory (for hatred regen) and Perfectionist as well (it's just too good not to use), which leave me with one passive to choose. And that for me makes me pick Smoke Screen over Vault, although I do find the later more fun, but it obliges me to use Tactical Advantage as 3rd passive: SS lives well on its own and it saves me from almost any situation, whereas Vault dictates the last passive. I do find Brooding really good, for with such a squishy character as the DH is, life regen is almost a must. Archery could also be a choice, but my damage is high enough to chose survivability ovr more damage.

These are, of course, my choices and any others are as valid as these :-)

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by jrsilva View Post
    Well my main killer skill is MS, period. I tried others, Elemental Arrow (Ball Lightning) does the job but it's too slow. Covering Fire is fun but it's like a minor version of MS, no hatred problems but much less AoE and that involuntary or unplanned vault can be annoying. Others I simply don't like. That said, and taking MS for granted in my build, Vengeance is mandatory (for hatred regen) and Perfectionist as well (it's just too good not to use), which leave me with one passive to choose. And that for me makes me pick Smoke Screen over Vault, although I do find the later more fun, but it obliges me to use Tactical Advantage as 3rd passive: SS lives well on its own and it saves me from almost any situation, whereas Vault dictates the last passive. I do find Brooding really good, for with such a squishy character as the DH is, life regen is almost a must. Archery could also be a choice, but my damage is high enough to chose survivability ovr more damage.

These are, of course, my choices and any others are as valid as these :-)
    Yea, I think that's a good breakdown of the vault vs. ss thing, and what I had pretty much decided. Right now I'm not willing to give up vault, but I can see why you did.

The only reason I haven't done MS is that it doesn't seem as good in groups. I tried it a few times with my SC DH in MP games and I always ran out of hatred too fast. I didn't run a hatred generator though, so running out of hatred was a problem I couldn't handle. I guess maybe I just need to accept the fact that I can't permanently MS in MP games. And that was with a comparably geared character as yours, but with maybe 25% as much EHP

Right now I'm just having fun trying different skills since efficiency isn't a huge concern.

The only issue I have with manticore is that it has no LS or LoH. What do you think is needed to combat that? LoH on gear I assume, but how much? I like that I don't have to pop gloom on every champ pack since I have LS on my current bow, but I probably could pop it just fine if I needed to.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

So, I have finally started playing a DH. I really enjoyed the idea of a strafe DH.

My DH has horrible dps, but a lot of survivability! I rather enjoy being able to strafe onto arcane orbs and not care at all! I don't really have much experience, and really did not think much about the build. But I like Bola shot a lot for when I run out of hatred.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K...8/hero/6138844

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Yea, I think that's a good breakdown of the vault vs. ss thing, and what I had pretty much decided. Right now I'm not willing to give up vault, but I can see why you did.

The only reason I haven't done MS is that it doesn't seem as good in groups. I tried it a few times with my SC DH in MP games and I always ran out of hatred too fast. I didn't run a hatred generator though, so running out of hatred was a problem I couldn't handle. I guess maybe I just need to accept the fact that I can't permanently MS in MP games. And that was with a comparably geared character as yours, but with maybe 25% as much EHP

Right now I'm just having fun trying different skills since efficiency isn't a huge concern.

The only issue I have with manticore is that it has no LS or LoH. What do you think is needed to combat that? LoH on gear I assume, but how much? I like that I don't have to pop gloom on every champ pack since I have LS on my current bow, but I probably could pop it just fine if I needed to.
    Regarding MS in groups, since I run Vengeance as passive and I do quite a bit of damage and play with good teams, normal packs go fast and I never have to use more than 2/3 shots, so hatred is never a problem. With elites well, I usually fire like 5/6 times MS and then switch to HA, usually they are dead by then or pretty much at an end. I guess if problems still occur, specially in higher MPs, one could always consider switching the companion from Boar to Bat, but Boar is a valuable help and I will not drop it (sorry Brucie, but Miss Piggie rules in my book, hehehe).

As for LL/LoH I never used it in a DH and I don't miss it, because I use Brooding for regen. If something is hitting me hard enough for me to drop HP, then I have to reposition anyways, so while I move Brooding gets my HP to a full status once again.

BattleTag Vegameister-2492

I have to agree with jrsilva here, regarding the usage of MS in multiplayer games. I too, would love to spam it 100% of the time, nonstop, but even with my bat (and I do love that little cave dweller!), I can't shoot more than 7-8 times in a row without all my hatred being gone. That is why I definitely suggest getting a bit away from Dethklok's original guide, Kes, and using a hatred generator on your left click. Hungering arrow (or spray of teeth with enough CC) is a great skill to clear out the leftovers mobs from the MS assaut.

As for your exaplanation of the usage of vault, I completely agree. I would feel gimped with no quick way to manouver aroud, even with brooding as a passive, and the security, or false scurity, that SS would give me. Heck, I would probably become so over-confident that I can just pop SS at the right time to save my ***, that I would one time screw it up and die.

While Vaulting around sure has it's risks, I feel it can get me out of 99.9% of dangerous situations, as long as I am aware of my surroundings and the affixes on the elite packs. Heck, worst case scenario is probably being stuck between two/three walls and the level walls, desecrate pools under my feet and/ or a nice frozen and arcane sentry to make it all even more intersting!

So far, I am loving vault, and I actually managed keeping the playstyle of my DH just about the same as my SC one, of course, without vaulting like a crazy energizer bunny on crack without looking around first!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Vega View Post
    I have to agree with jrsilva here, regarding the usage of MS in multiplayer games. I too, would love to spam it 100% of the time, nonstop, but even with my bat (and I do love that little cave dweller!), I can't shoot more than 7-8 times in a row without all my hatred being gone. That is why I definitely suggest getting a bit away from Dethklok's original guide, Kes, and using a hatred generator on your left click. Hungering arrow (or spray of teeth with enough CC) is a great skill to clear out the leftovers mobs from the MS assaut.

As for your exaplanation of the usage of vault, I completely agree. I would feel gimped with no quick way to manouver aroud, even with brooding as a passive, and the security, or false scurity, that SS would give me. Heck, I would probably become so over-confident that I can just pop SS at the right time to save my ***, that I would one time screw it up and die.

While Vaulting around sure has it's risks, I feel it can get me out of 99.9% of dangerous situations, as long as I am aware of my surroundings and the affixes on the elite packs. Heck, worst case scenario is probably being stuck between two/three walls and the level walls, desecrate pools under my feet and/ or a nice frozen and arcane sentry to make it all even more intersting!

So far, I am loving vault, and I actually managed keeping the playstyle of my DH just about the same as my SC one, of course, without vaulting like a crazy energizer bunny on crack without looking around first!
    Well I fully agree. Bottom line is, each one should chose the built that suits him/her better, assuring it won't get him/her killed, hehehehe

BattleTag Vegameister-2492

That's a damn true and accurate statement, buddy! Hehe...

So far so good... PLVL 15, and nearing my all time highest D3 char, my SC PLVL 17 DH! YAY!

I am jumping in here as well, for my future DH. With all other classes going strong it's time for me to revisit the DH.

Had one half a year ago (grenades, stun tank build) that died at 60@7 so time to rebuild.

With a budget of 40 million, how solid build will I be able to make (dmg, ehp etc)? I have good understanding of the items for all other classes, but DH items I have no clue of atm.

Will probably start her up any day now, MP5-10 public games all through normal and NM. Hope to be lvl 60 in 10 hours of playtime.

Looking through all your builds to plan my lvl 60.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Got my silly DH to pl23? or so tonight. I <3 her ehp, but damn does the dmg suck. I really need to get better amulet/bracers/gloves. I got frozen on 3 moltens, did like 25% total hp, the WD on the same spot procced SV lol.

Strafe is really fun with a WW barb to kill **** got a 458 or so kill bonus in weeping hollow