Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Re: HC Demonhunters!.. How are you guys doing?

Quote Originally Posted by oOmpie View Post
    I took HA/SoT for a spin yesterday evening and I was unimpressed. It's nice and all, but the hatred regen is not very good, the AoE is rather small and the visual effects are virtually non-existent.

The last part was easy to address, I switched it out for Bola/Volatile. NOW we're talking
    On MP2 I can just facetank anything now, so my E-DPS is pretty high either way. However, this is a much better option than SoT for clearing out packs.

I also tried strafe.......... Well..... Let's just say it was underwehelming... My CHC is pretty decent (was using Stinging Steel? not sure it that's what it's called, but the one with additional dmg on crits), but the hatred cost and the damage done are FAR inferior to anything Rapid Fire has to offer. It's a fun skill the way it works, especially the more movement based playstyle it offers as opposed to the turret style RF gameplay, but well you know... dayum...
    Bola is where it's at! Have you tried out spike trap (EB)? Takes some getting used to but I continually shoot bola and every few seconds I dump 3 spike traps just in front of enemies. Really helps eDPS a lot and the advantage vs RF is that you can keep moving all the time.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

http://d3up.com/b/962600/annav Want WH or inna's but how to keep EHP well? I like the disc on chest, could have AR instead though

IncGamers Member

Well I continue to happily blow my own rules. I said I would never go bellow 75k HP, while questing for the 400k DPS. Well I just lowered to 70k HP and got to 390k DPS: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/28944698

So now my action plan is simple, dropping for now the idea of upgrading my Manti. I will upgrade my WH and DML through AH, and get like 4k HP from those. Meanwhile I will continue crafting Bracers till I get ones with similar (or a bit lower) damage and more HP. That and new gloves with Vita will get me to 80k HP again. Gaining around 29 more PLs will naturally get me to the desired 400k DPS.

Please note that the current 390k DPS is unbuffed and since I changed to Scoundrel follower, I am displaying more than 400k DPS now but I am not there yet. One thing that have been helping me in terms of effective EHP is using Bola+Shuriken. I am getting used to it, so maybe I will try getting a good DML with Bola bonus.

Cheers guys

IncGamers Member

Well I got one of my goals, and that is to get to 400k DPS unbuffed: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/28944698

I did raise HP to a bit over 73k, but I have a long way to go. This was due to new set of gloves, but now I have still to upgrade WH and DML, and also try crafting better bracers (similar or a bit lower DPS and higher HP). The Bola+Shuriken build is still helping me to raise my EHP, and I hope I manage to do so until I pump up my Vitality.

Cheers

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Gz So 450k next?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grishok View Post
    Gz So 450k next?
    Nah. Like I said, more DPS in HC would be, for me as a DH, suicidal. I am more than happy with what I have. Now it's all about making my DH less squishy, mostly by adding in HP. I am at 4k armor and 550 resists, so quite happy there. I need viiiitaaaaaaaaaa

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Quote Originally Posted by jrsilva View Post
    Nah. Like I said, more DPS in HC would be, for me as a DH, suicidal. I am more than happy with what I have. Now it's all about making my DH less squishy, mostly by adding in HP. I am at 4k armor and 550 resists, so quite happy there. I need viiiitaaaaaaaaaa
    444 is a really nice number though I'm now almost at 100k vit with my DH, will look for an inna;s belt and ruby upgrade to get to 110k dps again. I don't feel save with 70k life at MP3/4

BattleTag Vegameister-2492

Quote Originally Posted by jrsilva View Post
    Well I got one of my goals, and that is to get to 400k DPS unbuffed: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/28944698

I did raise HP to a bit over 73k, but I have a long way to go. This was due to new set of gloves, but now I have still to upgrade WH and DML, and also try crafting better bracers (similar or a bit lower DPS and higher HP). The Bola+Shuriken build is still helping me to raise my EHP, and I hope I manage to do so until I pump up my Vitality.

Cheers
    Congrats on reaching your goal, my friend! Damn well impressive!
    I will love to team up later tonight (from around 20 CET and onward) if you feel like getting some Plevels together!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Vega View Post
    Congrats on reaching your goal, my friend! Damn well impressive!
    I will love to team up later tonight (from around 20 CET and onward) if you feel like getting some Plevels together!
    See? That's my problem right there and it is really annoying. I am talking about the "from around 20 CET and onward". I am usually able to start playing at 22:00 my time, which is 23:00 CET. So when I do, I have almost zero friends online. The fun drops abruptly when I solo and for me pubbies simply don't exist. Plus, exp gained is also very slow: I gained 20M doing part (20/25 minutes play) of an MP5 run with Hipps, Towen and another friend of theirs, while I get around 30M per hour soloing MP3. It's frustrating...

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Ah well you can always drop in some pubbies with your wd or barb and keep the DH for the occasional run with us