Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: HC Demonhunters!.. How are you guys doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Vega View Post
    I bet you will feel even better knowing I managed to die while jrsilva was rushing me.... and the best part is, I don't even know what got me! I swear to god, the screen was cleared of monsters, and POP... I was dead!

This makes 3 chars deeded in 2 days, so I think I might take a short break until trying to get back into the game again. Thanks for the help, buddy
    Man that was really weird. No one around, all clear, walking to the next spot looking for minions to trump and then I realize you are not following... Then the deeds come in and damned, it was REALLY weird! Hope I can help you again and this time with no surprises...

BattleTag Vegameister-2492

Yeah, strangest death I've had so far in D3.
    But wither way, level 30 already with a new DH and ready to get to 60 again ASAP and see what's up

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

Vega: Contact me for jrsilva's reduced lvl weapons. Should keep you going from 51 and up.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by oOmpie View Post
    Vega: Contact me for jrsilva's reduced lvl weapons. Should keep you going from 51 and up.
    Small correction: contact oOmpie for oOmpie's rlr weapons. After I gave you those, they are yours, not mine .-P

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

Hahaha, I stand corrected

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

I haven't been playing too much this week, but got some decent time in yesterday.
    I'm starting to develop an unhealthy disposition towards MP1 pubs though. My DPS is not good enough for higher MP's yet, but MP1 pubs seem to attract the worst of the worst.

140k DPS monks that start kicking others for low DPS, etc... IT'S FRICKING MP1... Ofcourse that got ME kicked instead... Stuff like that all the time. People lingering in cleared games making you have to leave and search for other public games time after time. Something I never noticed much on MP4 and up with my barb.

All ranting aside, I felt the need to incorporate some AoE in my build and finally realized Bola shot is actually a generator and not a spender...

So I switched out Devouring Arrow for Imminent Doom and am getting close to PL10, after which I'll probably try to get my barb to 80 first and hopefully find something worth selling, coz it's been a slow two weeks on the income side of things:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/o.../hero/28941812

Ow: I also bought her an overpriced pair of Depth Diggers, just because they look good with the Nat's chest and she's a girl like that
    Which reminds ne, I have to get some dyes to fix the crafted items that rolled crap colors.

Cheerio!

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

True, MP1 pubs are often disappointing. I'm running MP4 with my 50k monk (hehe), nobody has kicked me yet because they understand I'm there to tank and buff the party with either overawe or time of need.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Dominus-2940

Cruizing MP4 with a coupple of crazy spaniards like a baws. And I almost died

BUT as luck would have it, I was still wearing my ehp gear for mid-high mp, and not my dps gear. Wich basically means i swich three items I go as low as 171k dps, and as high as 900k ehp. With shuriken chacram and brooding to boot.

Glad I did, as I was hit with a MAJOR lagspike, one that didn't go away. Plesantly farming the fields of misery, rapid fire is non-responsive. No problem. But as it seems to go on forever, it starts to become a problem....thousand-and-six, thousand-and-seven. It's on! As lag spikes, adrenaline spikes. I need coffe no longer. I cant even leave game. I write "laggggggg!!!!!" and it fortunately shows up in the chat. Those crazy monks take care of the horde surrounding me and i live to see another day. I was at 30% health, arround 35-ish-k HP left. Had I worn my dps gear at 258k dps/600k ehp, i would have lost 657 hours of demon hunting.

Now... there are two camps in HC. Those leaning towards dps over ehp, and those leaning towards higher ehp in favor of dps. Having both is nice, but it costs alot. Even though I am in the high ehp camp, it seems like those 500k "extra" points of ehp goes purely in the direction of lag/dc proofing.

Whate are my fellow demon hunters' take on the ehp/dps matter? What do you prefer, and how can you possibly justifiy such an importaint desicion?

DPS is more fun though ;-)

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

Made it to PL80 with my barb, so it was time to take Gatlerette out for some quality time again: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/o.../hero/28941812
    I got a little annoyed with more MP1 pubs misery yesterday and blew all my gold on the AH on som stuff for her to try and move on to MP2 games. Even though she just got stylish matching pants for her Nat's chest I decided to retire it and yoinked a half-decent Inna's from the AH as well as a cheapish Litany. MP2 turned out to be no problem at all.

She's not too high on life yet (around 69K), but her 830 @res really shows. Catching multiple elite Savage Beast charges without Gloom active is not recommended, though... 1 is fine, 2 spells trouble, 3 probably instagibs.

Regarding the dps/ehp discussion:
    I'm a follower of the "somewhere in the middle aka the ridiculously expensive best of both worlds" road.
    I usually start out with affordable items focussing on main/@res/vit and when I start feeling comfortable and accustomed to the do's and don'ts my setup has I start upgrading towards more dps in a controlled way.

I.e. my barb currently has less life and resists than she had a couple months ago, but I know (given the current skill layout) what I can and can not do and up to which MP she's viable. That said she is far from d/c proof, but (knocks on wood) I do have a fairly stable connection and since I hardly ever solo anymore I feel I can be more risky with that.

The DH leaves much less room for error, so with her I will probably up MP's a lot slower and be more cautious when working towards more dps.

In the end dead toons do 0 dps so I tend to err on the safe side, but will always try to work towards more dps. Sometimes that just means no upgrading at all for quite some time, since upgrades are either too weak on the defensive side or brutally expensive.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

I've been kicked twice from
    Pubs last week, without any warning. Pretty lame stuff, better to play with my incgamers pals!

Started a DH, almost died at level 6 because i was running mp7 without any gear/weapon. I had to kite through the whole cathedral to evade an elite pack hh. Red screen twice but made it, after equiping some gear it's much better :-)