Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    IncGamers Member

Re: Help! I have tephephobia--the fear of being buried alive!

The screams of petite jockeys, I guess.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

If I heard screaming jockeys, I'd run towards them. Easy pickin's

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Let's keep posting people - that way It will still show signs of life and Dredd can bury it alive.

I've read every word of this entire thread, and almost chimed in a few (more) times, but then I remembered I have self-respect.

In before the lock!!

Seriously though, as a closing thought Orba: No one else considers this a problem. Sure, it's a scary thought, but it just doesn't really happen anymore in western civilization, certainly not with a frequency that warrants action. What you're proposing is like moving heaven and earth to make sure no one gets killed by meteorites or... falling out of bed. It's an unreasonable fear with an unreasonable response. I actually took the time myself to research this topic, looking for evidence, looking for web pages, looking for forums, looking for ANYTHING. I've found the same thing you've found: nothing. No one else is all that concerned about it as a problem because it's not a problem. You need to move on. We've done everything we can to convince you not to worry about it (others obviously more than me), but you refuse to accept it. The fact that no one else is concerned should comfort you, because at some point it should occur to you that it's just in your head.

I saw a preview for the new Will Smith movie "After Earth" (which doesn't look very good otherwise ), but there was a good quote from it that I liked:
    "Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But Fear is a choice."

P.S. I *did* see the new Superman movie, and thought it was Super Awesome! I kinda got dragged to it for my sister's birthday, but I'm glad I saw it!

P.P.S. *awaiting World War Z!*

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    I remembered I have self-respect.
    It's nice that someone Respects you.

Orba - Your one hope here is to throw in the word Terror and it's derivatives (ism etc).

Fear just does not work but Terror seems to be the Magic word in the Western World that makes us do anything; effective or not, and regardless of if it's related.
    If you had titled this Tephephobia - the Terror of being buried alive!

The NSA and homeland security would have been burying people alive in the name of protecting our Freedoms by now.

As it is your succumbing to the mere power of Dredd.

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    I saw a preview for the new Will Smith movie "After Earth" (which doesn't look very good otherwise ), but there was a good quote from it that I liked:
    "Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But Fear is a choice."

P.S. I *did* see the new Superman movie, and thought it was Super Awesome! I kinda got dragged to it for my sister's birthday, but I'm glad I saw it!

P.P.S. *awaiting World War Z!*
    Am not sure if AE is worth checking out, but S and WWZ are definitely on my list!

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Hey if it's closed I gave him advice on how to Rise Up! Below.

I like Angels over Zombies.

I left this thread open a bit longer than I had intended to give Orba a chance to post (even though I figured s/he probably wouldn't bother).

At any rate, you guys did a fine job winding down the topic. Well done. /respect