Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Re: Human immortality

I'm actually not much of a shortcake - 170 cm, to my ex bf's great delight. He is 190, and was glad he didn't have a short gf.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    I'm not witty or intelligent. I'm actually not short either. It's not working.

Funny pic though.

It's "I'm not witty nor intelligent". But we love you anyway. I hope you cheer up. I'm supposed to be the depressed one anyway, so I'm not giving you the choice. You are hereby ordered to cheer up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    That wikipedia link says lobsters get more fertile (read: randy) as they get older. That's just what we need.
    Well, there goes the neighborhood. Instead of studying how to slow the effects of aging, they're just gonna try to make a better boner pill!

It's "I'm not witty nor intelligent". But we love you anyway. I hope you cheer up. I'm supposed to be the depressed one anyway, so I'm not giving you the choice. You are hereby ordered to cheer up.
    Given my medical situation, I'm the one who's supposed to be depressed.
    And in that sentence I could use or. Or nor. But I could not use a dwarf in it.

THink about it. If we didn't eat them, and they just got bigger and hornier with age, there would be giant lobsters everywhere. We're saving the environment by eating them. Pass the butter sauce!

BattleTag What Me Worry?

American lobster did not achieve popularity until the mid-19th century. Prior to this time, lobster was considered a mark of poverty or as a food for indentured servants or lower members of society in Maine, Massachusetts and the Canadian Maritimes, and servants specified in employment agreements that they would not eat lobster more than twice per week
    It was the abundance of lobster that made it boring, a function of its overwhelming numbers off the Atlantic shores of Canada and New England and the ease with which they were caught. Children could drag a fishhook tied to a stick along coastal waters—a far cry from today’s deep-water traps—and bring a bucketful home for dinner. Some contemporary Canadians remember kids from poor towns, as late as the 1940s, trading lobster sandwiches for peanut butter and jelly in the school cafeteria.
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...clawed-its-way

THink about it. If we didn't eat them, and they just got bigger and hornier with age, there would be giant lobsters everywhere. We're saving the environment by eating them. Pass the butter sauce!
    Giant SEX MACHINE lobsters!! "Eating lobster" would acquire a brand new definition!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    And in that sentence I could use or. Or nor. But I could not use a dwarf in it.
    "Others dwarf my wit and intelligence."

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    American lobster did not achieve popularity until the mid-19th century. Prior to this time, lobster was considered a mark of poverty or as a food for indentured servants or lower members of society in Maine, Massachusetts and the Canadian Maritimes, and servants specified in employment agreements that they would not eat lobster more than twice per week
    It was the abundance of lobster that made it boring, a function of its overwhelming numbers off the Atlantic shores of Canada and New England and the ease with which they were caught. Children could drag a fishhook tied to a stick along coastal waters—a far cry from today’s deep-water traps—and bring a bucketful home for dinner. Some contemporary Canadians remember kids from poor towns, as late as the 1940s, trading lobster sandwiches for peanut butter and jelly in the school cafeteria.
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...clawed-its-way
    It's the same with everything.

About 200-300 years ago it was considered a sign of wealth if you were fat and had a pale skin.
    Now you're considered good mating material if you're skinny with a tan.

20 years ago people who didn't shave were considered dirty, scum of society and/or metal freaks.
    Now all the major actors seem to be stopping to shave themselves because it's trendy ^^

etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    "Others dwarf my wit and intelligence."
    See? There's so much wrong with that! For one, I never need anyone else to bring me down: with the way I've been brought up I'm perfectly able to reduce myself to a waste of oxygen.