Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Roll of the Dice Tournament

I took another look at the rules and I still could not figure out what you are getting at with this limitation: "Your biggest limitation is perhaps this... Once you have placed a Skill Point into the 6th, 12th, 18th and 24th point of ANY Skill Tree, you are not allowed to spend any more points in the previous skills of THAT particular tree. The only way you will be able to get around this is to Max out the lvl 30 skill of that Skill Tree." When my Amazon puts the sixth point into the M&P tree, what limit is there in the way of adding more skill points to that tree???

@Wolron:

What it means (I believe) is if you put a point in the level-6 skill in a tree, you can only put points in level 6-skills of that tree. Same as when you put your first points in the level 12, 18, 24, and 30; so don't go down the tree until you're really ready to go down it.

Welcome aboard, Wolron!

Yes, erimatbrad is correct with that description

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by PH View Post
    Welcome aboard, Wolron!

Yes, erimatbrad is correct with that description
    So, I have my Amazon in a rut. She has thrown skill dice six times and got a 1 or 2 on the tree roll five of those times. By now she has 18 reserved skills in the Javelin tree. I have put 4 points in Jab and (so far) have put 10 points in Power Strike. I intend to max out power strike before moving on (if I stay in this rut!). Does this sound correct? Oh, I also have one point in Inner Sight due to Akara and my one roll that was not in Javelin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolron View Post
    So, I have my Amazon in a rut. She has thrown skill dice six times and got a 1 or 2 on the tree roll five of those times. By now she has 18 reserved skills in the Javelin tree. I have put 4 points in Jab and (so far) have put 10 points in Power Strike. I intend to max out power strike before moving on (if I stay in this rut!). Does this sound correct? Oh, I also have one point in Inner Sight due to Akara and my one roll that was not in Javelin.
    Makes sense to me; just plan out how you're going to invest points in synergies (if that's your plan) since you can't go back "up" the tree until you've maxed a level 30 skill.

Kismet currently has (I believe, as I'm at work), 12 points in poison creeper, a handful in werewolf and lycanthropy, and just threw 5 points into the elemental tree. He's a bit all over, but is pretty effective (by which I mean, his creeper and rogue are effective). At some point I'll need to bite the bullet and go deeper into the werewolf tree so he has an attack skill, but I've been content to not actually use my wolf-form yet.

IncGamers Member

I need clarification of rule 4 before I do something wrong. 4. Self-found only with an important exception... All items you wish to use on the three characters you've chosen MUST REMAIN ON THOSE characters. You may keep a stash for muling purposes for items you want to keep, but once an item is transferred off your characters to that stash, it cannot be re-equipped. You can move items from one tournament character to another freely; After reading this, I will establish a separate ATMA stash for each character to store socket fillers. However, weapons/armor must never be put into these stashes because "once an item is transferred off your characters to that stash, it cannot be reequipped". However, then the last sentence says, "You can move items from one tournament character to another freely". How do you do this without breaking the other rule???????

Quote Originally Posted by Wolron View Post
    I need clarification of rule 4 before I do something wrong.
    I think this is like the old 3-way dance rules. Your characters can trade items with one another, but once you put something in an ATMA stash or some such (if you were saving it for a collection or the like), you can't take it back out of there. So if you want to keep socket fillers and equipment for future use, you have to use some of your precious, precious in-game inventory space.

IncGamers Member

So, then the only real use for ATMA is to bring up two of my characters and allow them to trade items. I can live with that. I guess I will find it occasionally useful to sell gems and runes while I curse Blizzard for not providing a big enough stash.

Kismet has triumphed over the dread Queen Andariel. The battle (as it can be) was fairly unremarkable... between the creeper and the hireling, there was plenty to shoot at.

I was quite excited to see one of my favorite uniques drop (because it got me through a lot of one of my first forum tournaments); Rixot's Keen! It was accompanied by the Umbral Disk, which means the other two characters are pretty much set for the first Act.

It looks like Kismet will be dumping his Elemental skills into Cyclone Armor, his summoning skills into Creeper (and then wolves), and then his were-skills into wolf-friendly items.

Up next is Felicity. I'm not sure what she'll be; if the trend Kismet saw continues, she'll end up heavy in her initial tree. I'm hoping she'll end up as a Furysin; but time will tell!

IncGamers Member

All three of the party have rescued Cain and are ready to go after the countess. Here is my party's status: Bandy(Amazon) has thrown her first 18 points into Javelin. She currently is at level 14, so she will still have 4 more points to put into the jav tree. I have never played a javelin Zon before and did not want to do it this time, but the dice are in control, not me. bonemeal (Necro) has had similar luck. I have never liked putting more than a half dozen points in curses, but the first 18 skills are dedicated to curses. He is at level 15, so he still has three more to place before hoping to role something else. He is playing like a barbarian and is tanking for his merc. The two socketed scepter with a couple chippies has kept him going so far with the 10 points in amplify damage. The offhand has a three socketed long bow, but it is only used when the opposition is too dangerous to approach. Sleek(sorceress) has some variety in her skills. She has 11 points in fire bolt and 1 point in warmth. She also has a couple points in static field. She can survive with that for now, but the dice have not been too friendly to any of my team members, so I do not expect this tournament to last long for me.