Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Roll of the Dice Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by kstuart View Post
    Hmm very tempting this one even if i am doing the random one as well and have several other characters ongoing.

One stash shared between the three right?? I shall select my 3 later on tonight and their starting skills.
    No no no

All the items you ever want your characters to wear, including gems and charms etc. must remain on the characters themselves. You can use a stash to mule off items to keep - but once you mule items off, you can't put them back on your characters. It's doable, trust me

[edit]1-4 on last roll - looks like chance is being kind and I might get a ton out of my summoner skills! [/edit]
    Last edited by PH; 13-05-2013 at 18:11.

IncGamers Member

Okey Dokey lets see what characters and skills i get

Assassin using first skill point in martial arts
    Druid using first 6 skill points in elemental
    Paladin using first skill point in offensive auras

Hmm not to bad, i wont need a stash really as being they cant be used anything i want to keep for other none dice characters can go in my current ones being i dont trade.

And HolyHandGrenade is now level 19 and parked firmly at the start of Act II waiting for everyone else to catch up! Random rolls continue to see me putting points into Summoning Skills - in fact I haven't seen anything apart from a '1' roll since my first shot. It has been both a blessing and a pain because I'm missing Curses that I'd like to have. Can't complain too much though

So far found a Pelta Lunata (Pally's gonna be happy about that), and an Infernal Cap (all with no Magic Find). Nothing to report off Andariel herself except for Hsaru's Belt and a sweet rare 3-slot belt.

I can see we have a bunch of views but not too many sign-ups! Come on, I see you lurking

IncGamers Member

So having cleared den of evil just now do i roll for quest earnt skills each time i get them or can i count it as part of the in this case 6 elemental ones i must go for first for my druid?

Also i am right in thinking i can put as many points into tier 1 skills eg firestorm for me BUT as soon as i stick one into molten boulder i have to max that before going back to lower tier skills and i dont have to go for the higher tiers when they become available until i want to?

@kstuart - You are correct in assuming you have to roll to see where the Den of Evil quest reward is placed - but it DOESN'T count towards your 6 Elemental Skills.

For your second question, it's simple: Say you only have Tier 1 skills in one tree. You can put as many points into those skills as you want. But if you place one skill into a Tier 2 skill, then you can't go back at put skills into the Tier 1 skills again. Likewise if you then put points into a Tier 3 skill, you can't go back and put points into Tier 1/2 skills. The only way you can start placing points into previous skills is once you have maxed out a Tier 6 skill in that particular tree. In your case maxing out Armageddon or Hurricane would then allow you to start placing skills into previous Tiers.

IncGamers Member

lol easy enough to follow then

anyway update time

LaraCroft Assassin using first skill point in martial arts
    StormyWeather Druid
    RobinHood Paladin using first skill point in offensive auras

StormyWeather has so far only completed the den of evil quest with the first 6 skills going into elemental with 4 in firestorm and 2 molten boulders. The den of evil skill point was selected for the summoning tree which means raven in this case with a aim of reaching grizzly eventually. Handily the next levelling skill points are 5 into summoning tree which will probably be spirit wolf and oak sage.

The other two are not started just yet.

BlackAlbum the everything-Druid is sitting nicely at the start of Act II after defeating Andariel in an uneventful fight. Really hate the Jail and Catacombs section of Act I as I get bored fairly easily - pretty much skipped all of the Catacombs, only killing boss packs along the way.

Necromancer in Act II ought to be slow moving, but with no real threat. Hope I can get Iron Maiden somehow to deal with Duriel as the Duriel fight is ridiculously easy with IM/Clay Golem.

Managed to play for an hour or so tonight after being out of town all week. Kismet is looking like he's going to be a werewolf druid as of the end of the Den of Evil; all of his points are in the 2nd tab. The last toss gave me 2 points to invest in summoning skills; the time will come when I have to decide if I want wolves or just a badass creeper or sage of some variety.

The point in poison creeper that I've put (the first of the aforementioned two) is fun; it's increasing my killing speed to a level where I'm not grumbling about how slow I'm swiping in wolf form, or how many times I wiff with my club...

Edit: I say this, and then I decide to just finish the roll I was on; next throw is 6 points in the summoning tree. Hmm...

IncGamers Member

I would like to enter. I guess I choose three character types and randomly set up their first skill from the first tier, so here goes: Bandy is an Amazon (Javelin and Spear: 2); Sleek is a Sorceress (Lightning: 1); Bonemeal is a Necromancer (Curses: 6)