okay, so I've been playing D2 a lot lately (single player only...no battle.net) & I play on my laptop at work and my pc at home, so I was wondering if anyone has set up their character save folder as a shared folder and redirected the game to load/save the characters from this shared folder rather than from the original save directory...This would make everything so much easier than backing up my save file to a flash drive every day when I go to work. If anyone has done this or knows how to do something like this, can you please give me some insight? I have LogMeIn Hamachi already on both systems, which I use for my minecraft server & I'm running d2 v1.12 and the PlugY mod.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
11-05-2013, 17:28 #1
- Join Date
- May 2013
single player characters on cloud?
14-05-2013, 17:46 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2013
- At home BattleTag mesmerist
Re: single player characters on cloud?
I do remember that I the PlugY mod had an option to redirect your safe folder. Not sure tho, could very well be an other mod aswell. As the ladder resets right now, I have nothing to do, so I will be kind and look it up for you.
EDIT: Copy paste from the Diablo Wiki:
- Disable access to Battle.net.
- Infinite storage space in the stash (up to 4,294,967,296 personal pages!)
- Shared storage space in the stash (up to 4,294,967,296 shared pages too!)
- Enabled the ladder only runewords out of realms.
- Local World Event and Uber Quest for singleplayer and multiplayer off-realm !
- Can open Cow Level Portal even when player have kill the Cow King in that difficulty.
- Unassign assigned skills and stats points.
- Change the selected language.
- Always regenerate maps in SinglePlayer like in MultiPlayer.
- Automatically execute /players X when you launch a new game.
- Added some pages for display more characters stats like %MF.
- Display item level in its popup.
- Launch any number of Diablo II games on the same computer.
- Increase the stash to 10x10 squares.
- Change the save path directory.
- Always display Mana and Life values above the globes.
- D2 can load all files, even those opened with Microsoft Excel (disabled by default).
- Display the stats current value (without magical bonus) like Magic/gold find or maximum resistances.
- PlugY is localized in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish.
So as I said, it is possible. The only thing is how, probably somewhere in your customisation file.
Anyway, good luck with it.
PS you shouldn't be playing at work :P
Last edited by mesmerist; 14-05-2013 at 17:50. Reason: Looked it up