Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Sanctuary and Decrepify

Hello guys!

I was thinking about making a Lawbringer rw for a zealot to run Nilathak, since I'm poor and a Lem is cheaper than a nature's peace. The sanctuary aura should come in handy as a backup weapon when I do uber Tristram, to kill spectres. But seeing that it also has a chance to cast Decrepify, I was thinking, how does it work with sanctuary aura? It says the aura ignores physical resistance of undead monsters, so does it set it to 0%? So hitting a decrepified monster with sanctuary aura will treat its physical resistance as if it was -50%?
    Now as I'm writing this, it comes to mind... literally the page says "Ignores Physical Resistances and Immunities Of Undead Monsters". By immunities, does it mean only physical immunities? It must be, otherwise every sorceress would be using a Lawbringer no? Silly question but I prefer to be sure.

Re: Sanctuary and Decrepify

edit: nvm onderduiker corrected this and said it better
    Last edited by pharphis; 11-05-2013 at 16:43.

IncGamers Member

Sanctuary will ignore any positive damage resistance left after Decrepify is cast: if undead have DR 0%, they have DR -50% after Decrepify is cast and they still have DR -50% after Sanctuary is applied; if undead have DR 50%, they have DR 0% after Decrepify is cast and they still have DR 0% after Sanctuary is applied; if undead have DR 100% (Immune to Physical), they have DR 90% (-50/5) after Decrepify is cast but this is ignored after Sanctuary is applied (DR 0%).

So when undead have DR < 50%, Sanctuary is redundant once Decrepify is cast since Decrepify results in DR < 0%; when undead have DR > 50%, Decrepify is redundant since Sanctuary would ignore it all anyway.

IncGamers Member

Thanx! That was explained very clearly.