Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Single Player muling

Are there any options for SP muling? I read a little about ATMA and GoMule but I don't know if these are officially sanctioned or if they are considered cheating.

If they are considered cheating how do people mule in SP?

Thanks!

Re: Single Player muling

I apologize for the multiple posts, I kept getting errors about the database so I figured I wasn't getting anything posted :(

BattleTag DJMBBANDIE07-1586

ATMA and GoMule are fine in the Single Player Forum. I suggest you check out the ATMA/RWM/Gomule Help thread in the Single Player Forum.

Yes, both programs work well though gomule is best for the newest patches while ATMA is typically used in older versions.

Whether or not you consider them cheating is up to you, I guess! Essentially what they do is allow you to have an infinitely large, searchable stash that just saves hours and hours of effort.

wow I must be blind I only saw the SP on the Trading forum doh!

Well I'm wondering if I'll get banned from Bnet if I use them as I am planning on playing on the ladder after the reset.

Thank you for your replies.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

No, they don't do anything that bnet will ever even see. I've used both at the same time and been just fine. It basically just accesses your save files, but only you SP save files which are just stored locally anyways.

IncGamers Member

I believe Atma is considered legit if you follow sensible rules (no muling from SC to HC for example.) You have to announce some things such as hotmuling Gheeds. Check the official SP trading rules.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

The term "single player" has probably been successfully muddled in the D2 community. There is straight up "single player" as in you play by yourself, period. Then there is "single player" as in playing by yourself but talking about it on the single player forum, where everyone agrees to a set of rules to play by, and only uses specific "approved" mods, if any.

If you're just talking about playing solo offline and not following the rules of a forum community, then there is no such thing as cheating. You bought the game. It runs on your computer. You can mod it however you want.

If you're talking about the community rules, then they might have things they collectively ban.

I wish the "single player forum" had some up with a different term besides "single player" for what they do. It just makes things needlessly confusing lol. Something like "community offbnet" would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizoo View Post
    The term "single player" has probably been successfully muddled in the D2 community. There is straight up "single player" as in you play by yourself, period. Then there is "single player" as in playing by yourself but talking about it on the single player forum, where everyone agrees to a set of rules to play by, and only uses specific "approved" mods, if any.

If you're just talking about playing solo offline and not following the rules of a forum community, then there is no such thing as cheating. You bought the game. It runs on your computer. You can mod it however you want.

If you're talking about the community rules, then they might have things they collectively ban.

I wish the "single player forum" had some up with a different term besides "single player" for what they do. It just makes things needlessly confusing lol. Something like "community offbnet" would be better.
    You got that right!

My question was about solo offline playing. My concern was that if I then decide to login and play in say Europe ladder Blizzards anti cheating detection would trigger because I have ATMA/GoMule/etc installed.

I was only thinking that I have many gems and items I collect on one character that it would be nice to keep some of them if I want to create a new solo offline character. No trading between SC and HC just plain between SC and SC.

But if I read correctly the thread djmbbandie pointed out then I am not allowed to do this without having issues when playing in Bnet.