Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Safest methods to power level

I was helping a friend power level after she lost her main, and we were cruising in act 3 NM, mp10. She got killed by a desecrator and I felt like crap.

I'd like to be better at helping others power level. Any one have a safe-ish method? In the past I've done 95% of my leveling on my own using AB's guide here in this forum. Not a lot of experience helping others, though.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag iMikee-2957

Re: Safest methods to power level

Archon wizard is by far the safest.
    run A3 keep and crater. only do crater when the rushee has 2k+ hp in normal, 8k in NM and as much as possible in Hell, like 20k+.
    take a little time in AH every once in a while for new vita+socket gear. after this patch you have to be within 2/3 of the map of each other to gain exp.

obviously use cains and a socketed helm with ruby.

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Muggs's Avatar
    BattleTag Muggs-1534

I honestly stopped powerleveling people because they were dying to silly things even with the proper HP. I think people get lax when you are helping them level and they forget that stuff can still kill them. Of the last 3 people I powerleveled people have died to molten pack explosions 2x and once to the grates in a3 none of which was my fault they were just too close to the pack. I also power level with my blizz hydra wizard so they are always far from danger if they just stay the screen away.

Of the 2 ways I have powerleveled actually going through the game is the safest since they are getting incremental upgrades the whole way. The fastest is a3 over and over once they hit 16. So 16-25 in normal, 25-50 nm, 50-60 hell. The people who were most successful were the ones who were most aware of their enviroment and had gear for every level and gems ready to go.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag bulvine-1904

Add me to the list of people dying to silly things Fire grate with you, Fallen maniac with Rec. Not a good weekend for me, oh well.

I think I figured out whats really wrong. I can't level female characters. My first 2 barbs before Thunaer made it to 60 were female, neither made it past 20. Now my first 2 monks both female didn't make it past 40. So my third monk is now male

BattleTag Muggs-1534

Damn liquid well at least you figured it out and maybe you can finally be a proper 60 monk.

BattleTag Jotunn-2915

I've spent hours and hours powerlevelling friends over the last two weeks. I think the safest way to do it is not to do it alone. I use Barb with inspiring presence and invigorate on my warcry to keep the leveller's regen up. Once I got my Monk friend to 60, he joined me in levelling others, and kept his healing mantra on. Then I would stay in front smacking mobs while he would run by the leveller protecting him from any strays. We run mp10 keeps (and arreat once their hp is appropriate) and then do pony runs (only in a group, strictly no pony if there is just you and the leveller). It also helped to get a fourth to join who needed levelling so that we get strength in numbers bonuses.

By the way, if anyone needs levelling I'm happy to help on weekends.

BattleTag Muggs-1534

Unfortunately Clayton that does not help when people decide to walk on a grate in a3 kd2 and get gibbed instantly. *cough* Liquidmage *cough*
    Last edited by Muggs; 11-06-2013 at 14:47.

BattleTag Jotunn-2915

Hahaha, no that is true Muggs. I was talking to the guys I was levelling on Skype and whenever I saw a fire grate, like those ones in the Keeps, I would shout "FIRE BAD" and they'd all be super careful. Of course I've had more than a couple of them get levelled to 54 or 55 and then go die by themselves at like 57 when I wasn't available to level them the rest of the way. So close, but so far.

I am yet to get any of them to level me, but I've still got 4 classes to get to 60 so you better believe I am going to cash in the favour!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag bulvine-1904

The most important lesson I learned(other than to not step on fire grates) is to make sure that I have high vit upgrades for each difficulty. When I died at level 40 I was still wearing a lot of level 23-29 gear. I think if I would have had on some 35-40 high vit gear I may have survived the fallen maniac. But not with 3-5 pieces of level 23-25 gear.

BattleTag Jotunn-2915

Muggs, Liquid, it is with great sorrow that I come here to tell you that my level 51 monk died while being powerlevelled. He died valiantly to... ye, you guessed it. A fire grate.

It was Hell MP10, I had 22k hp, I looked at the grate, there was no fire. As I put my toe on it, fire popped out and I died in one tick. Shoulda waited for the fire, let it die down and then crossed, but I must have lost focus. Just wanted to tell liquid he isn't alone :P