Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Why can't we have a cumulative, Account-Wide Paragon Level?

I mean, why not?

Why are we forced to play only 1 character to maximize our MF%/GF%?

So far as the base stat boosts per level, I agree - keep them isolated per character.

But Magic and Gold Find?

Why not let us stack all our characters' Paragon Levels for an Account-Wide boost? So we can freely play whoever we want without penatly?

Even if we have +3000 MF, the chances of a good item dropping are still pretty low. Just due to the fact that there are so many different variables and ranges that it doesn't really mean instant Lengendaries worth millions of Gold/$250 a pop on the AHs...

I want to play all my classes, but I feel compelled to focus only on 1 due to the Paragon Leveling system right now.

BattleTag nurman-2854

Re: Why can't we have a cumulative, Account-Wide Paragon Level?

Look at paragon levels as a bonus rather than mandatory.

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    This. I have a level 100 Paragon Barbarian and I don't feel "forced" to use him when I'm paragon leveling on my Monk. If they make it account-wide, you will run out of things to do faster. That's not really the goal of the system. Completely undressing it, it's there to add another grind and give you bonuses for doing so. Just enjoy the ride, man.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

I remember bringing this question up when the paragon patch came out.
    I realized that MF/GF is not important anymore. Damage is. If you can steamroll MP10 on your Paragon lv0 character, you will find enough legendaries.

IncGamers Member

Eh, I maxed my mf and still hardly found anything. Playing even without that much? Forget it.

IncGamers Member

The nerd rage on the official forums whenever this is mentioned is hilarious. Some people really feel a sense of accomplishment from a mindless, 100% predictable grind. Perhaps that's why most current jobs are what they are.

Just make it 5x as slow and make it account-wide. Or 3x, to keep things reasonable. Ofc then people would complain that it's too slow if they only play one char... But by now everyone who's going to get to a high paragon lvl on a certain char probably already has.

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    Wasn't it stated that Paragon was a way to ease MF and GF out of the game by making everyone's MF/GF even at max level? I don't feel it's "just a bonus", but the starting point for you to pick gear without MF/GF. That's what they intended... So it does feel mandatory as it is now mandatory to have an MF character otherwise you're gonna get frustrated.

BattleTag Xuu-6972

Paragon Level is a "marker" that shows who you love to play XD

I have become more opposed to the D3 system over time. IMHO, the whole point in MF is that you specialize in gear to get it, and you're sacrificing DPS and/or EHP to boost MF. That's how the trade off is supposed to work. Not that you just get MF for free by grinding. Higher MP levels granting more MF/GF/EXP seems logical and useful, but why should paragon levels grant MF? Or at least so much MF?

I found high level chars in D2 that didn't have any MF very boring to play, so I'm fine with higher levels giving some MF (even though MF bonuses from higher MP levels would serve the same purpose better, by rewarding ability, not just time invested). If I could change the system I'd cut the bonus per Paragon level to 1 or 1.5%. Not 3%, since it's lame to get max MF eventually, without any equipment sacrifice, just for grinding. Especially in softcore, where it's just a measure of time spent.

MF should be an equipment mod. It's something players can choose to boost by picking appropriate equipment, and making sacrifices. That's the theory, anyway. In reality, it didn't really work that way in D2 and it certainly doesn't in D3.

in D2 so many of the BiS items had MF, making those items way OP and too well-rounded. At least there were some interesting uniques/RWs like Wealth, Chance Guards, Goldwrap, etc, that gave huge MF boosts and little else, giving players an interesting equipment choice.

In D3 the item system is much worse, obviously. There aren't any legendaries that give a huge MF boost. There are a few small MF bonuses here and there, but virtually no items or set bonuses offer more MF than you can get on a rare in the same slot. Basically MF on gear feels like a stat they added in at the last minute without giving any real thought how to integrate it into the game and allow/affect equipment variety and choices based on it. And then players complained that they weren't finding any legendaries, so the devs were like, "Max MF foar evaryone wif Pagarons!"

It's inevitable that itemization is one of the last things done in an ARPG since it's predicated on all the other systems, but I wish that fact of development weren't made quite so overwhelmingly obvious in Diablo 3.
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

IncGamers Member

"Interesting equipment choice" = everyone makes a cold sorc, who is barely hindered by stacking MF then is forced to farm for a while before actually playing the game with the character you want? Or just uses the items that give it for free.