Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Thread: Leech

IncGamers Member

Leech

First one question: When an item says ''+1 to all necromancer skills'' or ''barbarian'' + other magicals, does this mean that these other magical apply only to necromancer?

Items of Leech: Do the add the leech? 2 rings of 6% ''life stolen per hit'' are totally 12%?

What exactly does it mean ''life stolen per hit''? Every time I have a successful hit 6% of his life are being given to me if I am wounded (like regeneration)?

Re: Leech

Q1: nope, all stats on an item always count for all classes, unless that particular stat says otherwise, but the other stats are still valid for all other classes

Q2: yup, you start of with 0% life leech, and as you may notice on the item, it says "+x% life stolen per hit", so it all adds up

Q3: it works with your weapon's base physical damage (before any %enhanced damage that is), life is added for every succesfull hit until your life bulb is full

(this is all as far as I know, other members are free to correct me if I'm mistaken ^^)

The lifesteal % is calculated from your dmg after skills and items. Not just the base dmg from a weapon. But only works on physical dmg from weapons.

Just want to add for Leech: mind the drain effectiveness.
    Baal Hell--> Drain effectiveness is reduced to 20% (so 10% life leech will net u only 2% leeched)

A well placed note!

Usually undead has a lower Drain Efficieny. And once you enter NM, and even more so in Hell, this will be much lower (if any at all)!

Peace

On another note, certain monsters like "skeletons" and their archers and mages, are always imuun to the effects of life drain (0%), even from act1 normal.
    Last edited by Dawnmaster; 08-05-2013 at 07:34. Reason: typo