Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

The journey to level 99 - how long does it take?

I've been hunting around on the interwebs and I cant really find any concrete data on how long it takes to reach level 99. I'm sure this is related to the way exp is granted in Diablo 2 having diminishing returns but I'm sure there is some hard data somewhere. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes? Not just a guess, please, like "well it took me 2 years" or "my buddy did it in 3 months and he was a really good player" I want some legit data!

thanks!

-The Swag

Re: The journey to level 99 - how long does it take?

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...tuff-like-that

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...rogress-thread

These might be good sources to start with! there is definitely some number crunching, and a lot of it is comparison for which targets are more efficient in the theorycrafting thread.

You'll notice Cyrax on this forum just hit 99 on his 3rd char the other day. you could always pm him and ask

I did that once. And it took me 4 weeks between 98 and 99.

So maybe 9-10 weeks? I know I was quite committed at the end.

EDIT: Oh, I also played like 7-10 hours a day back then.. Not a spoiled childhood!! I got to lvl 99 once! Amazon to!

IncGamers Member

I could only barely bear (heh) the Baal runs to reach lvl 93. I salute the brave madness of the folks who actually make it to 99... Also, three lvl 99s? Perhaps in SP where you can play 1.09 and do Cows that'd be understandable - but in 1.13? Does he (or she, as it may be - although that'd make it twice as unlikely ) do anything else than play D2? Like eat or sleep maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Greizer View Post
    I could only barely bear (heh) the Baal runs to reach lvl 93. I salute the brave madness of the folks who actually make it to 99... Also, three lvl 99s? Perhaps in SP where you can play 1.09 and do Cows that'd be understandable - but in 1.13? Does he (or she, as it may be - although that'd make it twice as unlikely ) do anything else than play D2? Like eat or sleep maybe?
    he works too!

Umm, yeah it's all in 1.13 (and some progress in 1.12 ofc). Very impressive stuff. You may not have noticed he's going for one of each character class. . .

I dont know that guy, and I dont mean to offend him, but there has to be something wrong (read; special) about him. If he can do that more then once, and planning on doing a total of 7!! characters!

Yeah, impressive idd! But imagine what someone could have done instead of the time Dia/Baal running!

Peace and love

I remember back in the days when I was very dedicated (never reached the "super" level) I reached lvl95.

Perhaps with a little more dedication, I'd be able to reach lvl97 or even 98, but constant baalruns with the sole purpose of only killing baal for the experience, I don't think I'll ever be ready for that ^^

It took me about 1.5 years to complete lvl 99 character with very casual approach. If I'd have to give you numbers, I'd say you would need anywhere 170 - 800 hours to get 1-99, depending on your build and amount of teamplay.

170 hours if when you are center of team and they leave you diablo/baal/nihilatak kills + hunt you XP shrines etc. For well geared and well played character that can do very fast baal/diablo/nihilatak runs I guess it would take ~250 hours, but if you want innovative builds, don't have access to 8 player games or solo XP, it can skyrocket upwards to 800h for sure.

I was playing single player, 8 players game settings, 2:20 average Baal run times or 1:45 Diablo runs times and it took me about 250 hours with mixing those two targets. Bear in mind I had no deaths and no XP losses so if you screw up and die, or just die due to lag, it can cost you up to ~400 Baalruns per death on lvl 98.

There is a lot more to this but this will give you rough idea of what it takes. It's not something anyone can do (people that can do it are broken in head, believe you me).

IncGamers Member

- never reached lvl 99 myself, but as i undestand it the most effective way is to rush to hell without doing the ancient quests. - This way you can do the ancients at lvl 98 shortly b4 reaching lvl 99 because the quest does not give diminishing xp.

I played some ladders ago hammer paladin to 96 with only diaruns! Joined 8players games (baal etc) and killed dia fast and after that travi or shenk wp area if had time. Still haven't done ancients with that char Dia alone is good exp in 8playes game!