Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 135
  1. #31
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,934

    Re: Pigford, or what's wrong with America.

    Cool, the auto-restore worked - of course it also wiped out what I was reconstructing. O well.
    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    Well, yeah, lies and crap. There's probably a good reason that your posting is gone, something about karma .
    Well, amongst the lies Techno regurgitated was that the GOP is culpable, which was smashed back in October - but of course, being a Democrat means never having to tell the truth. I'd have to go back digging to find the proof, but I'd hope I'm not the only black belt of Google-fu here.

    It also skewered him far more humorously for calling me racist (given our respective 'races'), and then proceeding to claim accurate labeling of socialism and treason are undermined by hyperbolic use.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    It must be the fault of the Left Leaning Media!
    Actually, it had Rushter's name on it. Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Republicans are forgetting their own recent history, which is why they are doomed to repeat it.
    The article's context and claims are both false; this is a real, worse-than-Watergate scandal, just like Fast & Furious. The assertion made, however, is completely legit; Americans have been brainwashed into the GOP=Binders state of sickening ignorance, and the only rational thing for the GOP to do is take it's toys and go home. They're never going to "win", so the solution is not to play. The country's going to hell in a hand-basket, and the longer the GOP associates itself with the train wreck, the more the Socialists are going to use them as their Emmanuel Goldstein.
    Last edited by jmervyn; 13-05-2013 at 14:23.

  2. #32
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,934

    Re: Pigford, or what's wrong with America.

    Huh, seems like my response disappeared?


  3. #33
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,934

    Re: Pigford, or what's wrong with America.

    WOW! Two responses by me so far, and yet they're still not showing up when clicking on the last thread page (3?)

    EDIT well that was weird. Third time's the charm?

  4. #34
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    33,200

    Re: Pigford, or what's wrong with America.

    It worked fine for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Huh, seems like my response disappeared?


    Perhaps all those of caliber came to the conclusion that the accusations are BS, so none are left indeed .
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

  5. #35
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,934

    Re: Pigford, or what's wrong with America.

    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    It worked fine for me.
    None of the three appeared, and then they all did. Your fault?
    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    Perhaps all those of caliber came to the conclusion that the accusations are BS, so none are left indeed .
    Funny, why are you rallying to defend Americans engaged in lying and Nixon-superceding cover-ups? I mean, I thought I'd seen everything...
    "This is one liberal Democrat who said the intervention was wrong," Kucinich began, blasting the Obama administration for helping to take out Qaddafi. "And what the attack on the consulate brings up, Chris, is the failure of the Benghazi policy from the beginning. And that's why they had to call it a street demonstration instead of an attack because on the eve of an election that brought in a whole new narrative about foreign policy, about dealing with terrorism, and about the consequences that led to four deaths of people who served the United States."

    Fox host Chris Wallace asked, "So do you think those talking points were politically scrubbed?"

    "Of course they were," said Kucinich. "Come on, are you kidding? This is one of those things that you have to realize were in the circumference of an election, and when you get on the eve of an election, everything becomes political. Unfortunately, Americans died and people who believe in America who put their lives on the line, they weren't provided with protection. they weren't provided with a response. They and their families had a right to make sure they were defended. Look, we went into Benghazi under the assumption that somehow there was going to be a massacre in Benghazi. So we went there to protect the Libyan people. We couldn't go in to protect our own Americans who were serving there? I'm offended by this, and there has to be real answers to the questions being raised."

    Also, this:
    Spoiler

  6. #36
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    33,200

    Re: Pigford, or what's wrong with America.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Funny, why are you rallying to defend Americans engaged in lying and Nixon-superceding cover-ups? I mean, I thought I'd seen everything...
    Defending somebody doesn't mean support in general. I just stated my opinion.

    Making accusations without solid evidence is bad manners. You cannot unsay what has been said, so if you were proven wrong later, you may noz be able to repair it then. That might lead to others speculating about you that your purpose isn't the pursuit of the case, but damaging the accused for a different reason.

    It seems a lot of people confuse freedom of speech with that rudeness, if not crime. You cannot prevent gossip in general, but you can at least show open despise for those who tell it openly. Gossip can destroy lives, no matter if the victim is guilty or innocent.

    Regarding people of caliber: Are there any in the US in your opinion or not?
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

  7. #37
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,934

    Re: Pigford, or what's wrong with America.

    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    Making accusations without solid evidence is bad manners. You cannot unsay what has been said, so if you were proven wrong later, you may noz be able to repair it then. That might lead to others speculating about you that your purpose isn't the pursuit of the case, but damaging the accused for a different reason.
    Okay, now this is quite interesting. It is cold, solid fact that the Administration put out false information to the public. Furthermore, it is NOW established as fact that once the initial "information" fell apart (blaming a terror attack on a stupid video, asserting that it was "a movie review conducted with rocket-propelled grenades and mortars", that there was never a "stand down" order, and that nobody knew nothin') the Administration doubled down and lied about the reasons the false information was concocted and distributed. Now they're clamming up.

    So are you saying that <I'm> being rude for stating facts, or that the Administration is being rude for covering them up? Or NOT covering up sufficiently?
    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    It seems a lot of people confuse freedom of speech with that rudeness, if not crime.
    Likewise, I expect you don't actually understand the American establishment of freedom of speech. It doesn't mean you can or can't say whatever you want. It means that the Federal Gov't is not allowed to silence or intimidate you for doing so. As was done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trace Adkins
    Excuse me
    First amendment?
    Son, the first amendment protects you from the government
    Not from me
    You can say whatever you want to out there
    You come within reach of me
    I'll exercise my right to give you a good ol' country *** whoopin'
    Is what I'll do for you
    By God
    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    You cannot prevent gossip in general, but you can at least show open despise for those who tell it openly. Gossip can destroy lives, no matter if the victim is guilty or innocent.
    Again, you're unclear as to whether you're calling me a gossip, or Susan Rice.
    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    Regarding people of caliber: Are there any in the US in your opinion or not?
    Some. Precious few in Washington D.C. though. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

  8. #38
    IncGamers Member Glurin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    965

    Re: Pigford, or what's wrong with America.

    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    Regarding people of caliber: Are there any in the US in your opinion or not?
    Of course there are. But most of them are too smart to go into politics.

  9. #39
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    33,200

    Re: Pigford, or what's wrong with America.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    So are you saying that <I'm> being rude for stating facts, or that the Administration is being rude for covering them up? Or NOT covering up sufficiently?
    Calling something a fact isn't equal to it being a fact, but I agree that it can be rude to tell the plain truth and sometimes that kind of rudeness cannot be avoided. No matter if true or wrong, rude or nice, good or bad, you are always responsible for what you say.

    Likewise, I expect you don't actually understand the American establishment of freedom of speech. It doesn't mean you can or can't say whatever you want. It means that the Federal Gov't is not allowed to silence or intimidate you for doing so.
    In Germany, free speech is generally allowed. It isn't limited to preventing the government from disallowing it. However, other people can act to their constitutional rights as well, like the right of involiability of one's home. If that person wants to talk freely, he can still do that out of your home.

    Again, you're unclear as to whether you're calling me a gossip, or Susan Rice.
    No, I won't do that. You certainly believe in your accusation of treason, but you still have to present solid evidence if you accuse others in public, ethically spoken. If your words cause damage, you may have to pay or suffer punishment for it, like (not related to this case) when telling a blind person that the traffic light shows "walk" when it doesn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    Of course there are. But most of them are too smart to go into politics.
    Certainly .
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

  10. #40
    IncGamers Member Technomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    3,060

    Re: Pigford, or what's wrong with America.

    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    Gossip can destroy lives, no matter if the victim is guilty or innocent.
    Sadly, this has become the sole agenda of American conservatives. That, and tax cuts for rich people, because they all know that rich people create jobs, not something silly like demand.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •