Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: Pigford, or what's wrong with America.

Julian Assange. Bradley Manning. Cody Wilson. And now Edward Snowden. The times when the powers that be could just “body bag” a person like this are over.
    This was my point it smacking JMervyn with the Bradly Manning Comparison.

Why Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Should Be Impeached For Lying To Congress
    if Clapper is allowed to lie, expect plenty of other administration officials to lie as well, and say goodbye to any oversight authority that Congress may have once had.

Follow up

For those in the Euro-zone
    Dutch intelligence has access to PRISM, reveals existence of moles in companies

As to why it's important.

When human beings are scared and feel everything is exposed to the government, we will censor ourselves from free thinking. That's dangerous for human development.
    Last edited by BobCox2; 12-06-2013 at 05:22.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Snowden leaves Hong Kong, may be heading for Soviet controlled America.

Hey sometimes it's the best choice you have left.

A former U.S. security contractor charged by Washington with espionage was allowed to leave Hong Kong on Sunday, his final destination not confirmed, because a U.S. request to have him arrested did not comply with the law, the Hong Kong government said.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    LOL at your not sure if Snowden is *** or not - really?

Your comparison points really make no sense?
    It was in response to the concept that I hate Manning for teh gaye.
    Last one is the best though you apparently know why both of them did what they did. Glad you are so Omniscient.
    Evaluating someone by their initial claims <> omniscience. Don't let your romantic nature make you pull the wool over your own eyes, 8-Bob.
    Hey I knew Posting on Manning vs Snowden would be pulling you chain pretty hard but given the circumstances how could I not.
    My chain <> your pud.
    Sorry I'm in favor of the government telling us stuff - not hiding it from us.
    Though I see the Media is already pushing polls that say we all don't care - fast polling is it not?
    Unfortunately, you're the one on the side of ever-bigger Gov't here, Bob. Plus I don't see conspiracy in the media so much as their slobbering devotion to Dear Leader.
    What sad is so far it's just you and me here.
    Well, there's Steve, but he's a L.I.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    THe leakers themselves are not the point. The point is what the government is doing.
    Oh, Hi Steve!
    Who cares about the guy who released the info? This program shouldn't be secret. This program shouldn't even exist.
    Amazingly, nothing you said is argumentative IMO. The problem is, both you and 8-Bob believe that Dear Leader's ilk is the solution to the problem under Bush, when it's quite obvious that he's putting pedal to the medal on it all. It's the stupidity of the "liberal" mindset: you can't afford to recognize the deep failure of Marxist central planning & authority, so you continue to imagine that if you were only able to get the "RIGHT" folks in charge, your belief wouldn't be the blood-drenched failure it's proven to be.

You "smacking" me? Pfft. I don't agree that Snowden is equivalent to Manning, although motivations DO matter. If it weren't for all the arsewipes confusing the issue of Manning, his leaking actually prove America as the "good guys" - it's the people we're dealing with who are savages and filth. Snowden, OTOH, is revealing the lies that Clapper & others are telling, and the fact is that as long as you support & desire a Statist environment, then it doesn't matter that the Democrats are claiming they're the ones with good motivations unlike the dastardly RethugliKKKans. Actions speak louder than words, and the GOP are n00bs when it comes to fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Oh, Hi Steve!
    Amazingly, nothing you said is argumentative IMO. The problem is, both you and 8-Bob believe that Dear Leader's ilk is the solution to the problem under Bush, when it's quite obvious that he's putting pedal to the medal on it all. It's the stupidity of the "liberal" mindset: you can't afford to recognize the deep failure of Marxist central planning & authority, so you continue to imagine that if you were only able to get the "RIGHT" folks in charge, your belief wouldn't be the blood-drenched failure it's proven to be.
    Really you said that to this:

Who cares about the guy who released the info? This program shouldn't be secret. This program shouldn't even exist.
    Do you even read my posts or would that be inconvenient, because you'd have to address my actual opinions on things? How the hell does me saying we shouldn't be spying on our own people equate to some marxist-whatever-the-hell-you're-onto? I'll give you a hint it doesn't.

Do you even read my posts or would that be inconvenient, because you'd have to address my actual opinions on things? How the hell does me saying we shouldn't be spying on our own people equate to some marxist-whatever-the-hell-you're-onto? I'll give you a hint it doesn't.
    Point is, you (and Bob) both still LUB Dear Leader, when he's far & away worse than Bush ever was. It's the whole "GOP is teh Ebil" and "someone needs to take charge" instinct that I criticize in you.

I'll find those two examples you wanted in the other thread. Nutbag wasn't a typo IMO, and I think you're trying to evade that part. Killer discussed the other, which is what I'm pointing to here - you blithely make a statement along the lines of "someone must stop Religius peeple from being crazy" but then refuse to recognize what you said is no different than what I'm calling you. Any time you are stating that you want a higher authority to enforce your opinions, you're being exactly as Statist as I say you are.

I want Manning hung, drawn & quartered, for the crime of treason. Do you hear me saying that I know better than the court he's in front of?

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Again Pointing out I don't LUB Any Politicians let alone Obama
    Still I don't think he is worse than Bush the W ( I respected his dad a little but He and the "All Right" Congress of the time are the ONES that started this spy on everyone crap and with Bureaucrats once it was started you know it's not going away )

While I support the death penalty in some cases (and this is not one of them, even if your correct on all points) drawing and quartering is just pointless and stupid.

Hang them and be done with it.
    Last edited by BobCox2; 08-07-2013 at 07:37.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Fascinating reading, I wonder if any of it is true.

Did Snowden and Merv go to the same Flame School? Frighteningly similar tone and timbre

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    Fascinating reading, I wonder if any of it is true.

Did Snowden and Merv go to the same Flame School? Frighteningly similar tone and timbre
    And that's just part of what's really wrong.

The world has changed, Nixon started it and when he got away without impeachment and those that exposed he were punished the clear road to where we are today was paved.

Snowden made the right call when he fled the U.S.

What he has given us is our best chance — if we respond to his information and his challenge — to rescue ourselves from out-of-control surveillance that shifts all practical power to the executive branch and its intelligence agencies: a United Stasi of America.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

I just read this stuff about secret US courts, secret laws and secret trials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/us...-nsa.html?_r=0

Now if that's true, it something which is definitely wrong with the US.

It wasn't a surprise for me that the secret services spy on us in an illegal manner (although the extent was a bit unexpected), but if that's true, ithe US is in danger of ceasing to be a constitutional state.

It seems there are a couple of people who think that being called a Kafka state is a kind of compliment. Perhaps there are more conspirors, public enemies and traitors in places where you don't expect them. Perhaps a few weren't even known before. I'm curious to which extent the people of the US will let them get away with that.

Perhaps this needs a separate thread, as it sounds like a really serious issue. OTOH, I might not know enough about it yet.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!