Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    Banned

D3 PvP Forums State

I'm a long time hater of D3, with over 700 nerd rage posts under my belt.

It came today to my attention, that PvP forums on this site for D3, contain a whooping: 14 threads and 74 posts, as of first May 2013.

Do you realize what kind of failure is that? Of course, I don't mean failure of IncGamers. It means that D3 is devoid of any PvP interest at all. If you think about it, it's quite shocking. D3 is easily, the worst Blizzard's game to date, IMO. Do you realize that D3 could be something like LoL, only with Uber Cool Items and builds inspired by D2? Amazing...

Re: D3 PvP Forums State

Pvp came like 1 year after d3 was released while it was shipped with d2 from the start. So i think that explains it.

I don't know about those kind of games. We already have dota 2, league of legends and heroes of newerth. But i guess it couldn't hurt with a 4:th blizz title in the genre.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...played-pc-game
    Last edited by Dogbert; 01-05-2013 at 15:47.

IncGamers Member

And it also was a huge bait-and-switch, the blizzcon Arena videos gave the impression that the PvP was at least going to be supported this time, with Ladders, Scores, maybe even new modes, what came into the game (one year later btw, to add insult to the injury) was the most basic form of PvP ever thrown in a game, you cant even form teams, that makes even the Archaic D2 Hostility system superior and that is just downright shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Quingu View Post
    I'm a long time hater of D3, with over 700 nerd rage posts under my belt.
    Best, intro, ever! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Quingu View Post
    It came today to my attention, that PvP forums on this site for D3, contain a whooping: 14 threads and 74 posts, as of first May 2013.

Do you realize what kind of failure is that? Of course, I don't mean failure of IncGamers. It means that D3 is devoid of any PvP interest at all. If you think about it, it's quite shocking. D3 is easily, the worst Blizzard's game to date, IMO. Do you realize that D3 could be something like LoL, only with Uber Cool Items and builds inspired by D2? Amazing...
    Amazing indeed. Just like the PvM failure... We thought it could not be done... but they did!

IncGamers Member

I called this from the beginning. I said a long time ago people might have settled for D2 style PvP at the beginning but the more time passes the more standards raise. By the time the "real" PvP comes out it won't be good enough either as people will want much more after what is likely two years of effectively nothing.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hazani View Post
    I called this from the beginning. I said a long time ago people might have settled for D2 style PvP at the beginning but the more time passes the more standards raise. By the time the "real" PvP comes out it won't be good enough either as people will want much more after what is likely two years of effectively nothing.
    We'll never know, because the current crap they have is in no way up to D2 pvp standards.