Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BattleTag Okarin-1794

Re: Is it me or is the game dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan E View Post
    Lol, you guys played 100-500 hours of something without enjoying it?
    maybe he's a masochist?

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Quote Originally Posted by Diabloo View Post
    Alright man, you've been trolling on every page I've see you on.
    Just because you are a moderator does not mean you have more
    power than I. Ordinary users are going to stand up towards the likes
    of you and we WILL TEACH YOU A LESSON!
    You're pretty funny!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    So you put in thousands of hours and got all your gear super high, with an OP char, and now you're bored because it's too easy?

The devs could/should be faster with patches and they've been too cautious with itemization changes (probably since they're saving all the big changes for D3X) but isn't that how every game goes? People who play a ton and know what they're doing will always churn through the content and want more.

D3's end game problem (other than itemization) is that PvP is crappy so no one really cares to devote themselves to it, plus the specialization and time/expense of building one char to really high quality in D3 dissuades players from doing so with other classes, which means much less variety in play. I never felt like I had a main and alts in D2, but that's very much how it feels in D3 since so much time/care has to go into one char to get them powerful.

I don't see random maps as a factor, since 1) D3 has much more map randomization than D2 did, and 2) D3's farming options are VASTLY greater than those in D2, where players routinely did 500000 runs of the same small area, purely since it was 5% better items/exp than other more varied areas. Which isn't to say that more map / dungeon randomization would be a bad thing in D3, but it wouldn't be a panacea either.
    Well said. I've played a ton, continue to play just about every day, and plan to continue. I'm still enjoying it, and looking forward to the improvements that are planned. Looking at all the changes that have been implemented strictly through game patching since the release it's pretty amazing to me that people will still post things about Blizzard not caring what people want in the game. I played D2 for a long, long time and really liked that, too. I've never seen any game that offered as much actual content change at no cost as what D3 has in it's first year.
    Eschew obfuscation!

IncGamers Member

Thing is though, all of those changes should've been there from the get-go. The game in its current state it just about fit for release imo (ID all needs to be added ofc). It's like selling someone a car and installing the tires one year later, of course people are going to complain. Not to mention the fact that we have a Ferrari here and they've installed truck tires.

IncGamers Member

it's still #11 on xfire, so there are still lots of people playing (not me though - last time I played was when Monster Power games were made public - played for 2 hours, got bored, logged out - I'll give D3 another try after the patch - currently enjoying PoE and trying out Neverwinter and the free trial of Rift)

http://www.xfire.com/games/d3

here's #1 - #10
    http://www.xfire.com/games

Banned

Its called free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by joeb View Post
    you either never played d2 or botted it post release.

I had plenty of fun exploring random dungeons, vast maps, and did lots of different types of runs. Not just baal runs. Back when a boss kills drops were comensurate with its difficulty. Fast forward to Troll 3 and a stupid e pack is both harder, and has better drops then a boss. I mean...dude can I say 3 people who took charge int he games development needed a piano to drop on them back in 07 or 08.

Banned

Clearly...trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    No game has ever been alive.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diabloo View Post
    Alright man, you've been trolling on every page I've see you on.
    Just because you are a moderator does not mean you have more
    power than I. Ordinary users are going to stand up towards the likes
    of you and we WILL TEACH YOU A LESSON!
    Shall I get the epic potato chips?

Anyways, we already know all this now. I'm on again off again, because I can't get excited about this game if I want to. Know what though? Once my enjoyment drops too low... I play another game. I don't hang around whining about this one.

I find it hilarious that a non ARPG is more like an ARPG than the ARPGs currently available on the market but because I'm actually serious about not liking D3 I just go play that other game. And that's why I can't take the complainers seriously, because if they were really enjoying PoE or whatever better they'd go play that instead of doing the same song and dance here.

IncGamers Member

Is it me or is the game dead?
    it's dead, OP. it died back in January when jay left the project. the lulz are not at a very high level anymore. although, travis excellent choice of words did make me chuckle when he referred to WotB as the awesome button.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV97ozaD4vs

Quote Originally Posted by themeros View Post
    No one never said they had 0% enjoyment over 500 hours. The resulting amount of satisfaction after X hours was low. I never avidly enjoyed playing Diablo 3. The game was just barely "ok" the whole time. I would have stopped at 20hrs on Normal if it wasn't labeled Diablo because at that point the game was just disappointing. Hope for change is what dragged me (and most people) for another ridiculous amount of hours.
    sure, i've seen people continue to play games either hoping it via some patch or some other kind of nonsense. in any event, i think the impact of patches on games beyond fixing technical issues are vastly overrated by many players. the funny thing is although updates and patches are easier to roll out than in the past. i still think a great game resonates with it's core audience not just early, but also frequently and over a sustained period of time regardless of patches. in short, a patch won't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.

BattleTag nurman-2854

Quote Originally Posted by jamesL View Post
    it's still #11 on xfire, so there are still lots of people playing (not me though - last time I played was when Monster Power games were made public - played for 2 hours, got bored, logged out - I'll give D3 another try after the patch - currently enjoying PoE and trying out Neverwinter and the free trial of Rift)

http://www.xfire.com/games/d3

here's #1 - #10
    http://www.xfire.com/games
    4.2k hours per day on xfire is pretty good actually.

Clearly...trolling.
    you-keep-using-that-word.jpg