Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Is it me or is the game dead?

I got to plvl 79. Yawn. Played every day for a long time. But. Doing act 3 runs has been played out. I have seen another player drop off too. So I tried flipping only. Basically...there are only other flippers. I think its no random maps. It would not be so bad...if. we got something a bit different when we played. I'm just being honest I think the game is simply played out.

Very frustrating story of a leech here before I go. Plvl 20s. Me an a bud farming mp9. He wwould die an wait for packs to be killed....then res. I didn't say anything. So. He does it again...about 30 seconds goes buy with him standing there. You can tell when some one get a drop. He links mempo. Rolls perfect for barb. High st roll too. 10bill item. Wish if player dead...no drop. Or their drop becomes public. Anyway. He hadhundred maybe 200hrs ov play vs combined 2k hrz of play between me an bud. Neither of us come close to a drop like that. Cheers.

Re: Is it me or is the game dead?

So you put in thousands of hours and got all your gear super high, with an OP char, and now you're bored because it's too easy?

The devs could/should be faster with patches and they've been too cautious with itemization changes (probably since they're saving all the big changes for D3X) but isn't that how every game goes? People who play a ton and know what they're doing will always churn through the content and want more.

D3's end game problem (other than itemization) is that PvP is crappy so no one really cares to devote themselves to it, plus the specialization and time/expense of building one char to really high quality in D3 dissuades players from doing so with other classes, which means much less variety in play. I never felt like I had a main and alts in D2, but that's very much how it feels in D3 since so much time/care has to go into one char to get them powerful.

I don't see random maps as a factor, since 1) D3 has much more map randomization than D2 did, and 2) D3's farming options are VASTLY greater than those in D2, where players routinely did 500000 runs of the same small area, purely since it was 5% better items/exp than other more varied areas. Which isn't to say that more map / dungeon randomization would be a bad thing in D3, but it wouldn't be a panacea either.
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

IncGamers Member

For me the game was mostly dead back in July when all my friends fled en masse, except for one guy who might still do ubers or something if he was really bored. Everyone else is waiting for xpac.

IncGamers Member

It took most people about 2-4 weeks to realize the game was dead, about time the bulk of the most zealous fans began getting their characters to inferno expecting the "real" game to kick in, only to be smacked in the face with every poor design decision.

Diablo 3 didn't die, it never was alive.

It's first birthday is not coming up next month, D3 was delivered still-born.

Blizzard has done what they can to the corpse to make it stink less, but just like you can't revive a dead body, you can't fix Diablo 3. The game is fundamentally broken. Blizzard has their money and they aren't going to redesign the game from scratch (which is basically what it needs) because that would be a horrible waste of money. The profitable thing to do now is to just clean up the mess as best they can and hope to squeeze out a few console and expansion sales.

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

No game has ever been alive.
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

BattleTag Greer-1174

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    So you put in thousands of hours and got all your gear super high, with an OP char, and now you're bored because it's too easy? ...
    Exactly.

Makes me want to take a sentimental journey back through the posts in 1.00 where everyone was complaining the game was impossible.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jonw View Post
    Exactly.

Makes me want to take a sentimental journey back through the posts in 1.00 where everyone was complaining the game was impossible.

The game needed a few minor adjustments to deal with that difficulty problem... Which it got. But then went overboard with. And preety much ruined it.

The problem is mainly DPS divides the player base. Its a huge issue. It has ruined PVP and spread players out very thin in Monster Power lvls. ANyone playing MP9 has already ruined the game for himself eitehr from playing or credit carding.

D3 had its issue for not being a true sequel to D2. And players left over are very much divided in DPS range.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

People rant about static maps in D3, yet all they did in D2 was run/teleport along the edge to find the exit.
    People rant about nothing to do in D3. At least we have to search for elite monsters with different affixes instead of waiting for a TP to Baal 24/7.
    People rant about no stat point allocation, but all they did in D2 was using guides.
    People rant about no new content being implemented. Apparently they think this is an MMO and would like to pay a monthly fee.

But most of all, people will rant about how the game is too hard for them because they see 5 people on twitch.tv who can faceroll mp10. As long as someone is better than them, they will feel like it's the game's fault.

The reports of D3's death have been greatly exaggerated

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    People rant about static maps in D3, yet all they did in D2 was run/teleport along the edge to find the exit.
    No, thats NOT all they did. Also, static maps do hurt D3.

People rant about nothing to do in D3. At least we have to search for elite monsters with different affixes instead of waiting for a TP to Baal 24/7.
    No one was forcing you to do baal runs let alone focring you to play with people who did that.

People rant about no stat point allocation, but all they did in D2 was using guides..
    No, thats not all they did. But atleast actual builds existed. If you want proof of how wrong that statement is just look at the difference between D2 theory crafting/build discussion compared to D3s on this forums. D3 barely exists simply because there are no real builds.

People rant about no new content being implemented. Apparently they think this is an MMO and would like to pay a monthly fee.
    This game is much smaller then D2 in terms of EVERYTHING. Of course they want more. Apparently you think that game devs can't add a ton of new content just because they don't pay monthly fee. How does that even make sense? Did WoW warp your brain?

I look at a TON of games out there where the devs add new feature/content. Its stupid to defend such a notion with comment like that. Hell, even Path of Exile adds new content constantly and its a free to play game.