Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Random Tournament 2013

Sorry for your loss, squidder. Fangskin can be nasty.

Painter has pushed into Act II. Andariel was actually surprisingly easy. I filled my backpack with potions and drank a dozen antidotes beforehand, but it turns out the wolves tanked her pretty easily; she didn't even kill the merc. Even better, she was kind enough to drop Hsarus' belt. Act II has been fairly uneventful so far. I just got the cube and went on a bit of a cubing spree. Incidentally, the strength and dex requirements for partizans are ridiculous. Requiring clvl 23 seems awfully optimistic.

I also picked up a nice little hawk helm with +3 to werewolf and +1 to lycanthropy (and even some cold resist). It's ugly, I know, but it increases the duration of werewolf so that I don't have to look at it much.

And does anyone know how rabies works with other poison sources? I picked up a couple poison small charms (plus I have my savage partizan of venom if I ever make it that far). I assume the rabies and other sources compete, so whichever has the highest rate will be applied. If that's true, then best case scenario is that the charms/weapon mods are useless and the worst case scenario is that they override rabies entirely. Is that the case?

Painter, Level 23 Druid, Far Oasis

Update:
    It turns out I just had to google onerduiker to find out. In case anyone's interested, rabies is a curious sort of skill: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...bies-Mechanics

I also just beat Duriel. Another surprisingly easy fight. I love dire wolves; they're oh so tanky (at least in normal). My set/unique luck has been pretty impressive. I've found Hsarus' belt and boots, both of which I can wear, plus angelic armor, cathan's ring, arctic belt, civerb's shield, snakecord and umbral disk. Duriel was also kind enough to drop four items that I could actually use (including a belt that I probably will).

Painter, Level 28 Druid, Kurast Docks
    Last edited by Mostly_Harmless; 22-07-2013 at 04:49.

IncGamers Member endlesscircuit's Avatar

Tuche, the semi-synergized trapper, is now starting to clear the arcane sanctuary. Had two nice finds recently that merited posting here, a Fortuitous Amulet of Fortune, 27% MF, and Arctic Bindings (Light Belt!), which together with the Arctic Furs she already found, gives her 40 MF and resists/defense while putting my 3 Flawed Topaz BP on the Merc.

Playing with LS now is a pleasure, makes everything a breeze. Will full-clear Normal to get as high as possible while the going is good. Already looking forward (with medium excitement) to future skill re-rolls. Thanks to my forever skills I can always do TS/DS with a big Pike, BF/DS with a big damage Claw (lol), or trapper if I get LS as a random again.

Tuche, Level 26 Assassin, Arcane Sanctuary

Edit: Defeated Duriel, even though I forgot to switch to /p1 beforehand. Gambled a nice pair of boots, expect to keep them for a long while. Now working on gambling Heavy Gloves/Masks.

Code:
    Bitter Brogues
    Chain Boots
    Defense: 14
    Durability: 16 of 16
    Required Level: 14
    Required Strength: 30
    Fingerprint: 0x9e78efd2
    Item Level: 27
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    +10% Faster Hit Recovery
    +41% Enhanced Defense
    Lightning Resist +24%
    Poison Resist +19%
    44% Extra Gold from Monsters
    20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    Tuche, Level 28 Assassin, Kurast Docks
    Last edited by endlesscircuit; 06-08-2013 at 21:39.

BattleTag ZeroAffex-1699

Quote Originally Posted by squidder View Post
    My druid died to Fangskin, caught me in the corner by the door while my merc was messing around somewhere else. Need more HC skillz!!!

Was good fun while it lasted, my first druid, surprisingly easy to progress (wasn't doing much, watching merc kill things, feeding merc potions, etc). Obv wasn't being quite careful enough.

Thanks for tourney, good luck to all remaining players.
    Ahhhh sorry to hear for your loss bud. Are you going to reroll a HC character to keep honing in those skills or are you back to SC? Either way, you fought the good fight. Your druid will be remembered! RIP!

-Zer0

I've had a lot of spare time to play this week, so making more progress on my trapper, Tuche.

Quested through Act 3; it is by far my least favorite act. 4 of the 6 temples had stair traps (although fortunately no bosspacks, the Beetles scared me but I have ~50 LR so it was no problem.) The Flayer Dungeon and Swampy Pit also must be the worst dungeons in the entire game. The third level (the maze) clearly took some time to program. But why? Also quested through Act 4; it's much more fun, if only because the monsters are more interesting. Jamella gave me a pair of +1 Shadow Disciplines Scissors Katars, but after about 1:15 won't give me any +1 Traps, so I'm just moving on for now to Act 5.

Currently rocking an all-yellow outfit - yellow-graphics in my gloves and boots, 2-piece Arctic set, Cathan's Seal. Kind of like the look.

Tuche, Level 35 Assassin, Harrogath

Could someone please roll me 4 NM skills? My forever skills are Burst of Speed, Blade Fury, Tiger Strike, Death Sentry. Thanks.

IncGamers Member

@endlesscircuit: Claws of Thunder, Venom, Blade Sentinel, Lightning Sentry.

Great progress. I hope I catch up to you soon, but I've been distracted.

Thanks, Mostly_Harmless! Same strategy as Normal (LS/DS + camping), just without any crowd control at all from Mind Blast. Should be fine, here's to hoping for CoS or a Shadow for Hell though...

Also, an update:

Quested through the first of the big Act 5 areas (Bloody Foothills, Frigid Highlands, Arreat Plateau. Didn't find a single S/U except Isenhart's Case, but did find a Sol Rune. Pumping Dexterity now for max block with my Bone Shield of Deflecting, and hope to find 2 more Sol's or a Shael to make Rhyme soon. Since I won't have Mind Blast in NM I've been playing without it; relying more on natural barriers for crowd control, also in the habit of casting preliminary LS ahead of me and DS behind me.

Equipment-wise, ideal plan is to play all of Normal and Nightmare with a +1 Traps Scissors Katar (or better)/Rhyme, with +Shadow claws on switch for BoS. Have 1.5 million gold saved up, will use it to gamble Gloves/Boots for now.

Trying to decide what to do with my extra NM skill points...40 in DS/LS, and then maybe toss a few in BoS? Could pump Venom with 1-point BF, but I have no good claw yet to use it with. Might gamble some when I get to early NM.

Tuche, Level 40 Assassin, Crystalline Passage
    Last edited by endlesscircuit; 09-08-2013 at 03:28.

Destroyer Tuche has completed a full clear of Normal, including the Cows.

LCS

Dump:
    Spoiler

It was a pretty uneventful journey, with no major NDEs. Frenzytaur Evil Urns did give me several frights though, especially an Extra Fast pack. I've already taken a Trapper through a full clear of HC Normal, so I knew what to expect, but I parked that trapper to start this one, so Nightmare will be a new adventure. The build will still be LS/DS, but pumping Venom with 1-point BF for a backup. Unfortunately no crowd control, but that will have to do. In Act 5 Normal my traps produced enough stun to function as a kind of crowd control, we'll see how long that lasts in NM.

Before I start NM going to go on a massive Gambling spree; I have about 2 million saved up since I was happy with my gear, but will be gambling Gloves/Rings/Belts/Boots I think, as well as Claws/Scissors Katar to try to find a weapon to use with BF on switch.

Tuche, Level 48 Assassin, NM Rogue Encampment

EDIT: Still going strong in NM. Just finished Act 2, no NDE's. Found a Lum from a random monster in a fake Tomb of Tal Rasha, which will give me a Smoke armor when I find a good base for it. Will post a more complete update when I finish the difficulty; don't want to double-post too many times, even if this isn't that active.

Tuche, Level 60 Assassin, NM Kurast Docks
    Last edited by endlesscircuit; 13-08-2013 at 00:33. Reason: NM progress update

IncGamers Member

@endlesscircuit: fantastic progress, keep it up. You're firmly in second place- Dezrok better keep an eye out behind him.

@ZeroAffex: thanks. Working on standard HC meteorb, single pass to make it slightly interesting / better practice for tourneys. Trying to take it slow and steady this time

Okay its the 13th of august i have 4 months to guardian this... (or deed it...) roll me something druidy... since i never played a druidy....

@BKC

Druid

Forever Skills:
    Raven -> Lycanthropy
    Fire Claws
    Heart of Wolverine
    Werewolf (Locked Normal)

Normal Skills:
    Summon Spirit Wolf
    Carrion Vine
    Molten Boulder
    Tornado

Armor:

Circlet
    Light Armor
    Tower Shield
    Gauntlets
    Light Plate Boots
    Sash
    Antlers

Weapon:
    Flail
    Great Maul
    Sabre

A bit of a tough roll, but Normal will definitely be very doable - you eventually have a big-damage weapon with Great Maul, can make "Black" in the Flail, and can use Fire Claws + Ravens for some minor CC. Beyond that, a lot depends on skill rolls I guess. Not that familiar with Druids myself. Any rerolls or locking of skills?

Struggling a bit with my merc in mid-NM - he gets shredded by every bosspack, for the most part. His gear is a shopped Cruel Pike, Heavenly Garb, 3 PTopaz Mask. I'm not high enough to start doing rerolls with Chippies to get a socketed Cruel, and I couldn't find any Cruel Lances at Fara (although I didn't look that long. Hoping to see an armor/helm with some leech soon. (Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest would be a dream...)
    Last edited by endlesscircuit; 14-08-2013 at 11:55. Reason: Added Rerolls