DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Re: Random Tournament 2013

@ Shintyguy
    Code:
    Amazon

Javelin x2, Bow x1

Forever:  Fire Arrow, Immolation Arrow, Charged Strike
    Normal: Cold Arrow, Guided Arrow, Exploding Arrow, Multiple Shot, Plague Javelin

Equipment:
    Medium Armor
    Full Helm
    Tower Shield
    Chain Gloves
    Light Plated Boots
    Sash

Reflex Bow
    Composite Bow
    Javelin
    Pilum
    @Drystan
    Code:
    Amazon

Javelin x2, Bow x1

Forever: Plague Javelin, Slow Missile, Penetrate
    Normal: Impale, Lightning Fury, Dodge, Decoy, Inner Sight

Equipment:
    Light Armor
    Bone Helm
    Large Shield
    Heavy Gloves
    Greaves
    Sash

Stag Bow
    Short Battle Bow
    Short Spear
    Throwing Spear
    @Dazliare
    Code:
    Paladin

Scepter x1, Sword x2

Forever: Vengeance, Holy Shock, Resist Fire
    Normal: Sacrifice, Holy Bolt, Holy Freeze, Cleansing, Vigor

Equipment:
    Medium Armor
    Bone Helm
    Large Shield
    Gauntlets
    Light Plated Boots
    Sash

Rondache

Grand Scepter
    Falchion
    Flamberge

Anyone need rerolls?

IncGamers Member

Love it! I'll read through the rules another time and make sure I understand. Looking forward to seeing what I can do!

IncGamers Member

I've only have one other char going at the moment. was gonna start a new bowa but what the heck, this sounds more of a challenge! can someone roll me up ? oh man im hoping no sorc.....

IncGamers Member

So let me make sure I have this understood - I can only use the gear and skills the dice say I can use right? What's with sword x2?

Also, are the weapons a class of weapon, in that scepter counts as any kind of scepter/war scepter/caduceus/etc? Do exceptional/elite items count?

I'd also like to reroll Cleansing

Sounds good. Thankyou for that, Vang.

I also wonder about the "Javelin x2, Bow x1". This just means that I didn't get a roll on Spear, right, so Spears (for Impale etc) are not allowed? And thus, the potential for getting "Maiden Spear" is also ruled out.

And I am allowed to reroll: 1 skill (Forever or Normal difficulty); AND an equipment item (both an armour and/or weapon)?
    Along the same lines as Daz - The items listed are just the image, right? So my Sash can also be a demonhide sash, or elite version? Same for all items?

Thanks for this. Looks like an okay set for me. Still looks pretty tough, since my Normal skills are available late-normal. I'll have to look up what I can do with this set before deciding what to reroll.
    I didn't join the 2012 tourney, so just want to make sure it all makes sense.
    The allowed skills: These are the only choices I have (+1 point for pre-reqs?) No synergising, unless it's in an allowed skill?

not so bad for me to begin with.

reroll on

Full Helm
    Pilum (if that is allowed - cant remember if type of weapon or weapon class needs to be rerolled)

Will keeps skills as they are for normal. MS/CS should suffice.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drystan View Post
    I also wonder about the "Javelin x2, Bow x1". This just means that I didn't get a roll on Spear, right, so Spears (for Impale etc) are not allowed? And thus, the potential for getting "Maiden Spear" is also ruled out.
    This means that two types of javelins (for example Pilum and Throwing Spear) and one type of bow will be rolled. These are the non-amazon-specific types. Amazon-only weapons make up one item group (just like Sorceress orbs). Amazons always get one roll among her class-specific types, so you could get Maiden Spear/Pike.

And I am allowed to reroll: 1 skill (Forever or Normal difficulty); AND an equipment item (both an armour and/or weapon)?
    1 Forever skill AND
    1 weapon AND
    1 armor piece

Along the same lines as Daz - The items listed are just the image, right? So my Sash can also be a demonhide sash, or elite version? Same for all items?
    Correct.

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

Quote Originally Posted by Dazliare View Post
    So let me make sure I have this understood - I can only use the gear and skills the dice say I can use right? What's with sword x2?

Also, are the weapons a class of weapon, in that scepter counts as any kind of scepter/war scepter/caduceus/etc? Do exceptional/elite items count?

I'd also like to reroll Cleansing
    I'll answer this one having played in a number of random tournaments.

1) You can only use the gear that the dice says you can use

2) The sword x 2 means two rolls for sword (so that character will get two different swords he can use)

3) No the weapons are not a class of weapon. For example if you roll a scepter, you can only use scepter (not Grand or War Scepter).

4) You can use the exceptional and elite version of the rolled weapon or amour (in the case of a scepter this would be Rune Scepter and Mighty Scepter)
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

Also could someone roll me a Barb

Sword x 2
    Axe x 1
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz
    This means that two types of javelins (for example Pilum and Throwing Spear) and one type of bow will be rolled. These are the non-amazon-specific types. Amazon-only weapons make up one item group (just like Sorceress orbs). Amazons always get one roll among her class-specific types, so you could get Maiden Spear/Pike.
    What determines which weapons get rolled? I might've missed it, but still can't find it. As above, Jcakes chose Sword x2, Axe x1, so it isn't determined randomly?

Becoming clearer, so thanks for the clarifications.

Weapons: I'm going to allow 3 Weapons total, from 2 different types. This helps in the case of an Amazon, and allows for more types. In the case of an Assassin or Amazon choosing their class weapon, they are allowed to. [What are they allowed to do?]*Amazon character's can choose each subtype of her skills as well if so chooses while Assassin characters can choose Two claws. This grants each of them four weapon choices due to the +1 from class specific.

RANDOM CHARACTER RULES: Unless specified to not include, an Amazon rolled gets: Bow, Javelin and possibly Spear depending on Class one. Necromancer gets a Wandx2 and other random, Sorceress gets Orbx2, Staff x2, Paladin gets Scepter(can possibly be x2 if it rolls to be the multi one) Assassin gets Claw x2.
    Ahh, so you can choose which overall weapon types you want to roll for (up to 3 weapon types,) and then have to randomly choose which specific item, within those general catagories. Vang just chose Javelin, Javelin, Bow for me.

*What's the end of this sentence in the original post?