Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Re: Let's talk *** marriage!

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    [...]

It seems clear to me that the whole rule against homosexual activity (in Leviticus, I believe, if we go ahead and trust the countless people who plugged in and removed stories) is just there because homosexual couples don't produce kids to join the religion.
    I'm going to agree with you on that. Another part of my story: not having kids. We already have more humans on the planet than we know how to properly sustain. In my genetics class I remember learning about fitness, and any member of a species that couldn't produce offspring was disregarded, and considered unfit. So as a species, disregarding and kind of moral, or religious thought, we exist to reproduce. Homosexuals would have no purpose in this, because they cannot mate. Probably one of the underlying reasons why most people (whether they realise it or not) are opposed to, and confused by, homosexuality.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BattleTag nurman-2854

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    Actually, wasn't the original meaning of *** "to be/feel happy"?
    Yup, it was.

Spoiler

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    Yup, it was.

Spoiler
    And they ruined a perfectly good word by not being original and making up a new word, which is all a lot of people want them to do on the Marriage deal as well (Make it = same rights legally which the current state recognized partnerships are not equal to on a Federal level and causes the real problems.)

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

I am trying and failing to find and link the appropriate Kids in the Hall sketch "Why did they have to take the word '***'?"/"Sacking all Admirals"

oh well, season 3 episode 7

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares View Post
    I am trying and failing to find and link the appropriate Kids in the Hall sketch "Why did they have to take the word '***'?"/"Sacking all Admirals"

oh well, season 3 episode 7
    You tracked it down!

You So need a real life !

Love it and super OT but Ash really?
    LOL

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

well I own the discs I just had to look at them, I was trying to find a clip to link, alas I could not

I'm not particularly interested in the topic, as I don't really care, so this will be a one-off post unless there's something really worth discussing.

The only thing I care about which is tangentially related is the Federal policies which the fascists keep trying to force upon the populace through the courts. The reason they do this has nothing to do with equality, but is because they can't deal with the cold, hard truth that people generally don't give a damn what one group does with its genitalia, as long as it doesn't impact the other group. "Happy" marriage is routinely rejected in elections, so the fascists rely upon judge-shopping to get it passed.

Oh, and of course, I'm right. Ace didn't recall that the quote he searches for was originally by T.H.White, author of The Once and Future King and an obvious KKKristian right-wing totalitarian wingnut. [/extremesarc]
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofSpades
    Parents say their daughters were told to ask one another for a kiss and they say two girls were told to stand in front of the class and pretend they were lesbians on a date.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    I would argue the age of the information is vital. People in biblical times knew nothing of germ theory, social sciences, or science in general to just name a few. Generally, the older the information is, the lesser its accuracy. Those people had life spans less than a third of ours, so it surprises me that so many people today trust the level of knowledge millennia ago.
    You can argue that, but I still disagree. And people in biblical times (old testament) had life spans far exceeding our current ones.

To carry out the analogy, I think your kids would deserve an update on the rules if you had a spaceship in your driveway, or child-sized jet packs. Technology runs our lives beyond our ancestors' wildest dreams, and god doesn't have an opinion the matter? We learned years ago that homosexuality is determined by hormonal conditions in the womb (it's not a lifestyle choice), so I think god has some explaining to do regarding why he hates babies. All I'm asking for is consistency.

(Btw, I'm naturalist. I'm so bad!)
    Yes, an update on rules is then appropriate. I think the bible pretty well covers any technology advances, at least ones that I can think of off the top of my head.

I don't disagree that people are born with a homosexual desire. I don't actually know that much about the subject, but I believe it is likely true. Everyone is born with tendencies towards sin. It just looks different for different people.

I'm guessing it would have some effect on children, but this is the least of their problems: public schools, poverty, parents working far more hours than, say, 20 years ago, rising obesity/diabetes epidemics, unending tuition hikes, national debt they're expected to pay off for their elders and strangers who died 40 years ago (ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha--they won't even be literate, let alone comprehend all those 0s!), etc. Children today are in ruins. There's not much left for homosexual parents to mess up, imo.
    yea, very true.

I agree there.

One problem that comes up with that is: what if one of you ends up having a much higher sex drive (usually the male) than the other, and this is only discovered after you are married? Imo, it's best to find out each others' preferences before marriage. Sexual dissatisfaction often leads to divorce. People are highly sexual beings; some would argue that you don't even know her completely if you don't understand her sexual preferences.
    That is almost verbatim for what my dad told me before I got married.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Has there been a decision of the supreme court about the extent of "happy" marriage (at the registry office, not the church thing) being a matter of the pursuit of happiness?
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    Has there been a decision of the supreme court about the extent of "happy" marriage (at the registry office, not the church thing) being a matter of the pursuit of happiness?
    Lots but as thats the Declaration of Independence it's not going to win any legal status issues - Except with GB? - We had slavery at the time and women had no vote.

Marriage was a Church thing then.

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    You can argue that, but I still disagree. And people in biblical times (old testament) had life spans far exceeding our current ones..
    Dude If you lived under those conditions life just seemed endless and the rare 100 year old got exaggrated with the stories.

On the other hand there is Mel Brooke and he is the 2000 year old man.

This is still about **** Right?

They break a glass with a shoe during the marriage?
    Last edited by BobCox2; 28-04-2013 at 07:50.