Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 157
  1. #71
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Trees
    Posts
    13,460

    Re: Let's talk *** marriage!

    [FONT=times new roman]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    I don't know if it's a public opinion, but what I hear most is that men doing it are considered more icky than women doing it (because of the butt thing I presume?)
    Pretty sure there are some women out there who have a "butt thing" too but ofc that's not icky because it's two "gorgeous" women. Let me change it up for the men. Two women are going at it. Nice? I didn't tell you that they were they were the masculine type women ("butch"), now did I?

    *balloon deflating noise*

    HA! It has nothing to do with it being icky but everything to do with appearance.

    I think everybody is born bi-sexual, and you grow into whatever you are now.
    I don't know what to make of this. I'm not offended but... *exasperated sigh* Personal complications?

    As a last note, I would like to ask a question to everybody willing to answer:
    - Apart from religious people I don't know anybody who has a problem with *** people or their rights.
    - However, almost everybody seems to be terribly upset when somebody likes both genders (threesomes excluded)
    Where do you stand on people who have relationships with opposite and same genders?
    And why do you suppose a lot of people have more problems with bi than with *** people?
    When I was working in the 6ay community of Houston, several of my co-workers were 6ay. And most of them female... Anyways, During a conversation one day, we were browsing the internet and a story of Anna Paquin being bisexual popped up. The two lesbians I was conversing with were dismissing it and saying something along the lines of, "She's not one of us, hahaha!" I'm not sure if they found it offensive that she was bi or insulting to lesbians but I know they weren't saying good things. I think, for them, it felt like, "You're saying you are bi but really you are straight with lesbian tendencies." I know not every 6ay person is this way, but some people do see it like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Silly girl. Lesbians are hot, where ghey men are not. The Media says so.
    Well, as always, the media is wrong. Lesbians are "hot" as long as they are of the "lipstick" kind. And it doesn't matter what kind of 6ay man you are (Twink, Bear), it's "not hot". I happen to find 6ay men attractive, but I can't offer them anything so it sucks for me, lol!! Unless they are bisexual then count me in!

    Sad thing is, AIDS/HIV is STILL a 'sin' disease
    EEEEEEFFF we want to get technical, wouldn't that mean that all STD's/STI's be a "sin" disease?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Well as to why two guys is considered ickier, is probably just a difference between the sexes thing. As a straight guy, I think two guys is gross, but two girls is kinky or intriguing. I'm not sure that women think the same way in the same numbers.
    There are some women who find both sexes (2 men, 2 women) gross. And I'm sure there are women who find lesbians gross but 2 men attractive and vice versa. It just depends on the person. I already spilled my dirty little secret. I don't mind two women either but it doesn't gross me out either.

    My ex was big on this "16 and pregnant" show--and let me tell you, they do not glorify it. They portray the women on the show as idiots, and the whole premise is about How much they were unable to handle it.
    I have sat with my sister to watch it and I hate how they narrate. i hate how they talk. I just... Ya know, not a fan of MTV period.

  2. #72
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Trees
    Posts
    13,460

    Re: Let's talk *** marriage!

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Techno's below, not so much. His beloved public school teachers sexually abuse children at about 20:1 rate more than Priests ever did. Not that it excuses Rome.
    But it's true!! Read the articles! It's everywhere how screwy the situation is!!

    and Texas has the most student/teacher sex scandals! Lololol that's not funny.

  3. #73
    IncGamers Member Stevinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    chicagoland
    Posts
    5,003

    Re: Let's talk *** marriage!

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Not going to get into it deeply; pearls before swine.
    What legal <right> are they being denied? We already discussed this; queers can achieve the same result as straights, but you don't want them to have to go through extra legal steps to achieve them. What's really at issue are benefits, which are not rights.
    Okay. I'm merely saying they should have a right to the same benefits (and not be treated as a second class), so...

    Anyway, you did not answer the question. How large should a group be before they get to be treated like everyone else under the law? Your argument was 2% of the population is not enough. Even if I grant that that percentage is accurate, why is that not enough? How many is enough?


    Not at all; that would be a stupid claim. If you want a nutshell-style statement, use the term "Progressive" or "aesthetic", or even better yet "selfish". Queer behavior is just a tangent from that overarching trend of lotus-sniffing.
    Lotus sniffing? I'll file that one next to vivi's "slappers".

    I'd be happy to see you Progressives die off due to lack of sustainable population, but that's why you want the sham-nesty comprehensive border bills passed.
    Well, I'm not a progressive, but since I have to speak for them, I don't think it is genetic either. YOur politics are one of those things that develop over a complicated mix of experiences--but is much more of a conscious choice.

    Benefits, particularly tax benefits, rather than legal rights. All the other bullcrap you're slinging is just window dressing for behavior being elevated to the status of protected class, which is why the completely disingenuous claim about civil rights is constantly evoked.
    again, so what? Those benefits are conferred by marriage, along with the big list anyee posted. And i'm never disingenuous. Sarcastic, yes. bad at capitalization, absolutely. But never disingenuous.


    Eight or ten, last time I thought about it, but you don't bother to look anyways.
    No, you didn't, and it doesn't matter because i don't think churches should have to marry anyone they don't want anyway. We had a lengthy discussion about how all these claims are for naught since I don't think the rules you're claiming I support are neccesary.

    Oh, right, so you have to specifically elucidate that this WON'T be a lawyer's wet dream, in law, and it has no coverage over businesses or religious foundations, but it's a bunch of hooey? You're so ignorant it's physically painful to me.
    Again, I thought the baker in your example should be allowed to refuse to make the cake.

  4. #74
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    There. *points*
    Posts
    1,380

    Re: Let's talk *** marriage!

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    TBH, it isn't. Plus, I went through this at length on the GuildWars OTF. Not my fault if the stupid-arse word filter continues to block the simple slang for homosexuality, nor is it my fault that yours is not a unified constituency. I stopped using the similar word starting with F because it is generally accepted as an insult, but queer is a moniker many of your persuasion wear proudly.
    Those people of my persuasion are stupid. I think the word queer is awful and I refuse to use it, in part because it's been wildly co-opted but in part because it's still an insult in my mind. You can use it, but I won't classify myself as it. I'm just plain old g*y.

    You're being stupid about it, sorry. Conservative/Evangelical Christians are the only ones who have any respect for you; most mainstream traditional Christian groups would be nonplussed if the gas chamber business got started again, particularly vis-a-vis Europeans. So you're wrong; it's pretty much a black & white situation and Glenn Beck is on your side while George Soros thinks a good J00 is a dead J00.
    I was a Catholic for most of my childhood and know Catholics nowadays, what with my whole mom and that side of the family. It could mostly be an Us vs. Them thing, but my conversations with relatively conservative Christians do err on the side of finding Jesus in the back of your fridge right behind the mayo. However, as I said, I'm a lot more conservative than most **** of my type. I really think that until Christians are generally cool with us not thinking that Jesus is the Messiah, I'm not going to go an interfaith anything.

    Again, despite Steve's stupidity, that's exactly the direction it's headed now; one several of the cases already in court are about business owners refusing to provide marriage-associated services to queer couples. That's just a decision (and potential loss or bad PR) by the business owner, but it's now being painted as a civil rights violation and the owners are being sued.
    I don't particularly understand that line of logic (suing private businesses), but there may be an element of slippery slope. I mean, what would happen if I tried to open a no-Christian bakery, other than going out of business completely during Passover?

  5. #75
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Trees
    Posts
    13,460

    Re: Let's talk *** marriage!

    I think when Merv typed "slappers" maybe he meant "flappers"?

    Just a thought.

  6. #76
    IncGamers Member BobCox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UnderYourDoorMat
    BattleTag What Me Worry?
    Posts
    10,825

    Re: Let's talk *** marriage!

    So True!



    Simsons FTW

  7. #77
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Trees
    Posts
    13,460

    Re: Let's talk *** marriage!

    Spoiler

  8. #78
    IncGamers Member ael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: Let's talk *** marriage!

    This is mighty entertaining to read as a European.

  9. #79
    IncGamers Member BobCox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UnderYourDoorMat
    BattleTag What Me Worry?
    Posts
    10,825

    Re: Let's talk *** marriage!

    Well it seems to be a done deal with the two recent Supreme Court decisions on (DOMA) and Prop 8.

    Here's a fun Picture for the Mormons.

    Utah state senator and Chairman of the Democratic party proposes to his boyfriend.

  10. #80
    IncGamers Member Dawnmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    5,818

    Re: Let's talk *** marriage!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Simsons FTW
    Simsons did it again!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •