Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    BattleTag kestegs-1550

Let's talk *** marriage!

So, *** marriage seems to be pretty big in the news lately, and I thought we could use a topic to discuss it. We just legalized civil unions in Colorado last month, and it was a real hot button around here.

I've always considered myself to be an extremely conservative republican up until recently. However, I find that I've changed my views on many things, one of them being *** marriage.

A couple things:
    I still don't believe that this is or ever will fit into God's definition of marriage. I also believe that practicing homosexuality is sinful, and should be avoided if possible. I do believe though, that we need to treat people equally, and I think *** people should be given the same civil rights as straight people.

I don't think that churches/ministers should be required to marry *** people if it contradicts their beliefs.

What do you guys think? What is your stance on *** marriage, and why? This more open mind is new territory to me, and I'm curious what other people think.

BattleTag nurman-2854

Re: Let's talk *** marriage!

Seems like "***" is being censored. Just substitute it with "happy".

BattleTag What Me Worry?

It's always been censored.

The Problem with replacement is You can't even link stuff

https://www.google.com/search?q=***+...iw=747&bih=463

Oh well I guess they are all happy if we use your suggestion and that does not seem right.

I don't see a problem with "happy" marriages by Law, as long as we keep a healthy global reproduction ratio.

As far as Church goes, does the "happy" community actually want to get married in a Church?

All I hear is they want to right to get married, and the Church is opposed, but "happy" people (sofar) only seem to care about the Law marriage, not the Church marriage?

So I foresee no problems, other then people cling to obsolete traditions for no reason?

BattleTag What Me Worry?

We are talking about the jewish weddings right?

*** Marriage?

Frankly the government shouldn't even be in the marriage business. Marriage is a tradition, and thus should be left to the communities and churches, not the bureaucrats. On a utilitarian level, it's little more than recognition that a couple are devoted to each other and sharing their lives together. But I can see some of the practical concerns in terms of the law, such as who gets what after a partner dies and whatnot.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    I still don't believe that this is or ever will fit into God's definition of marriage. I also believe that practicing homosexuality is sinful, and should be avoided if possible.
    Why use such extremely old information (thousands of years, that's a bit outdated, no?) I don't consult cave art for medical advice. Maybe you could revise your views based on modern research?

It seems god hasn't bothered to update his ruleset regarding computers, space travel, etc. I guess he's a runaway dad, and shouldn't have a say in matters of the heart. He hasn't addressed this issue of making the vast majority of women yearn for happy experiences at some point in their lives. It seems like a sick prank to create human psychology that way and then threaten to torture us indefinitely for it.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    Why use such extremely old information (thousands of years, that's a bit outdated, no?)
    OK it is Jewish?
    Or Gayish?
    [/spoiler]Pointing out why censorship is WRONG Here.[spoiler]

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

Is it strange that I'm one of the few not too lazy to type out homosexual? Asterisks be damned!

This issue seems to be progressing at about the rate it ought to, so I don't see anything to worry about, change is coming, slowly, but its coming. The next step will be regarding adoption laws, there is already a lot of friction there with homosexual couples trying to adopt children and no clear answers to quiet critics. I haven't read up on the subject in a number of years, but it used to be that a homosexual couple's only real avenue into adoption was via children with AIDS or other conditions that removed them from the "normal" adoption pool.

Fighting against homosexual unions is over as a battle, as an issue it is resolving itself slowly; the right of people to be together and be recognized as such seems intuitive enough to have superseded prejudice against the particulars. I hope there isn't any backsliding, I don't see any reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    Frankly the government shouldn't even be in the marriage business. Marriage is a tradition, and thus should be left to the communities and churches, not the bureaucrats. On a utilitarian level, it's little more than recognition that a couple are devoted to each other and sharing their lives together. But I can see some of the practical concerns in terms of the law, such as who gets what after a partner dies and whatnot.
    Actually, I don't see the point of any of it.

Since I'm not religious, my gf and I will never marry in Church.

And marrying in Law has no meaning, since we signed a paper that says we live together, giving us the exact same rights as married couples, but with less paperwork, no charge, supereasy divorce (not planning this ) and no fuss about anything.

And hey, if we want to dress up nicely and give a big party, we can do that anytime we want to?