Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BattleTag Duskmourn-1569

Re: What Diablo 3 did right. And how to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vooodu View Post
    So 11 MP lvls... x 4 acts = Alot of spread on the player base.. Thats my actual point.. It makes no sense to have such a wide range of DPS. Its bad game design.

I mean, after spending all night playing Marvel Heros. A game with ARPG qualitys with a focus more on arcade style combat and balance its exactly what D3 could use. Who ever the guy behind Marvel Heros is, blizzard should hire him... lulz.
    You're in the minority on your opinions and are hopeless. Post this thread on the D3 forums and see how hard you get flamed why don't you. Atleast we have the courtesy to respond.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Genocides View Post
    You're in the minority on your opinions and are hopeless. Post this thread on the D3 forums and see how hard you get flamed why don't you. Atleast we have the courtesy to respond.

Sorry, im not in the minority. The 'minority' is the players who are content and happy with D3s current state. No matter what i post on D3 forum i would no way, shape or form get flammed WORSE then the guy responsible for D3s current state AKA Jay Wilson.

Besides, who cares if i get flammed. That forum is filled with flammers anyways.

IncGamers Member

I'd agree in general that having too high a DPS ceiling and then compensating with 10 difficulty settings is a problem. I don't think D2 was like this, but its paper dps was really off from real dps and there were monster resistances to balance it out in a party setting so I'm not sure.

I don't think this is the main reason why multiplayer in D3 sucks though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I'd agree in general that having too high a DPS ceiling and then compensating with 10 difficulty settings is a problem. I don't think D2 was like this, but its paper dps was really off from real dps and there were monster resistances to balance it out in a party setting so I'm not sure.

Well, for my theres a bunch of reason. Multiplayer to me anyways, is one of main reason to even play a Diablo game. Thats why i refer to it as much as i do.

But theres a real sweet spot in this game combat wise when DPS is at a certain range.

And you're right D2 was not like that, the damage scale was much smaller so it made more sense. Also, elemental damage played a purpose. In d2 damage did not scaled like D3. Hell, a lvl 1 compared to a lvl 99 in D2 where almost a few thousands points off damage wise.

Unlike D3 where there seems to be a range of 40 000 dps to 300 000 dps. Thats pretty insane.

BattleTag nurman-2854

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post

Yes, D2 wasn't like this.

It was more like this, translated to D3 values:
    D2 general endgame dps for and an example of the amount of money spent = 300k dps for ~10 million gold
    D3 general endgame dps for and an example of the amount of money spent = 300k dps for ~+1 billion gold

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    Yes, D2 wasn't like this.

It was more like this, translated to D3 values:
    D2 general endgame dps for and an example of the amount of money spent = 300k dps for ~10 million gold
    D3 general endgame dps for and an example of the amount of money spent = 300k dps for ~+1 billion gold

I don't think its fair to compare D2 and D3 dps outputs to gold prices.

I look at it like this.

D2 end game Dps range was around a few thousand damage.

D3 end game Dps range is around a few houndred thousand. Which is the core problem.

You can litterally see the D3 dps problem start seeping in the moment you hit the level where reduced lvl req. kick it. D3 Normal and Nightmare aren't too bad in terms of damage balance. But the moment you hit hell you start seeing it.

IncGamers Member

Baldur's Gate is not a real RPG either, it's just a strategy game with stats and binary good/evilduhr options. If you want to a true RPG go play Fallout.

The real ones, not this FO3 crap. That's just a FPS with stats and dumb "choices".

BattleTag nurman-2854

Quote Originally Posted by Vooodu View Post
    I don't think its fair to compare D2 and D3 dps outputs to gold prices.

I look at it like this.

D2 end game Dps range was around a few thousand damage.

D3 end game Dps range is around a few houndred thousand. Which is the core problem.

You can litterally see the D3 dps problem start seeping in the moment you hit the level where reduced lvl req. kick it. D3 Normal and Nightmare aren't too bad in terms of damage balance. But the moment you hit hell you start seeing it.
    I am not talking about the AMOUNT of damage to be exact, I am talking about the time / dough it takes to attain a certain rank (say, 1 to 10) of damage in comparison to the amount of time it takes to kill, say, a monster that has an averaged amount of health from, say, monsters of A4 Inferno mp0_p1 / A5 Hell p1.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelEgz View Post
    Baldur's Gate is not a real RPG either, it's just a strategy game with stats and binary good/evilduhr options. If you want to a true RPG go play Fallout.

The real ones, not this FO3 crap. That's just a FPS with stats and dumb "choices".
    A valid argument, though, for me BG is a realer rpg than most games because it is the closest thing I believe is a virtual D&D.