Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: D3 after one year

Am I the only person here who actually finds the game fun?

Sure it has its flaws. The only wish I have is to make the legendaries and sets (at least the lower level ones) be more common so that we see other item text colors other than just white, grey, blue and yellow.

And more claustrophobic areas. Dungeons with actual walls. The underground can't be that spacey.

Quote Originally Posted by rodge View Post
    Am I the only person here who actually finds the game fun?

Sure it has its flaws. The only wish I have is to make the legendaries and sets (at least the lower level ones) be more common so that we see other item text colors other than just white, grey, blue and yellow.

And more claustrophobic areas. Dungeons with actual walls. The underground can't be that spacey.
    I've been having a fair number of legends dropping, you need to farm higher MPs high density areas like keeps 2 really quickly.

The drop rates are fine, it's the rolls that need improvements. Also, I don't want the drops to rain like D2lod again, whereby people don't even pick unique items. That's pretty screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by raveharu View Post
    I've been having a fair number of legends dropping, you need to farm higher MPs high density areas like keeps 2 really quickly.

The drop rates are fine, it's the rolls that need improvements. Also, I don't want the drops to rain like D2lod again, whereby people don't even pick unique items. That's pretty screwed.
    I can't even farm MP1 let alone the higher ones. :(

Was just thinking that they boost the drop rate a bit to the low-level legendaries so characters who need them at the moment actually see them dropping for their utility. The most wanted and high level legendaries can be kept rare, the others that not a lot of people even use should serve as momentary fodder to keep the interest up. Just make them lower level legendaries as rare as the uniques and sets of D2 LoD for example.

Quote Originally Posted by ael View Post
    Cutscenes and storyline are of no importance to me, I gave up long ago on blizzard's toilet paper driplet tier writing.

But I guess I'll be picking it up then. Tnx for the info.
    They've solved a lot of the issues that plagued the game since launch. The only thing still lacking is build diversity and itemization, but they've hard at work on fixing that. After you get the game just play it for fun, you'll enjoy it as these issues really only effect end game.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Albert Einstein

BattleTag Hub-1983

While the game is far from perfect, I am still enjoying it a year after release. People seem to forget that D2 wasn't the legend until an expansion and alot of patches shaped it into the beautiful thing it became. I am hoping like hell tht the people in control now will stick with it and get D3 straightened out and not just say **** it because of all the negativity. I have a feeling if D2 came out now, with the present crowd, it would have had an even worse reaction. My biggest issue is with the itemization. I am having a great time with my self found HC Barb. I find regular upgrades and the challenge is definitely there. The AH is the kicker though, because once you use it, you are bypassing hours and hours of playtime with every purchase. Crafting has helped alot in that department though, and the Inferno level recipies are really worth doing. The good stuff is very hard to find, as it should be, I just wish there was more stuff to find. items like jewels, runes, and charms could open the game up big time.

I don't have any issues at all with lag, except the occasional spike, which is normal for most online games I have played. I have definitely got my money's worth out of the game though, and will be in line when the expansion comes out.

IncGamers Member

I think in another 6 months or so after they fix up itemization and maybe are able to add something else in the way of more dungeons or random areas, then maybe this game will be nearly at release status. I still consider the past year a glorified beta, sorry but that's my opinion!

More to the point, the fixes implemented thus far were needed badly, and hopefully they will add on some additional places or area to explore....probably in the expansion...but maybe a patch? This is the same game from a year ago, but at the same time it isn't. The core of the game hasn't changed (kill things, get loot) but a lot of other things have changed. As I alluded to above though, I truly think that at the point we are at now with this game is what we should have seen a year ago at the initial release.

Quote Originally Posted by Neinball View Post
    They've solved a lot of the issues that plagued the game since launch. The only thing still lacking is build diversity and itemization, but they've hard at work on fixing that. After you get the game just play it for fun, you'll enjoy it as these issues really only effect end game.
    ONLY build diversity and itemization? LOL, those are cornerstones of every good hack'n'slash game

To the OP: patches fixed some things but itemization/affix roulette/build diversity are still so bad that even after a year buying D3 is a really bad idea. MAYBE after expansion.

IncGamers Member

Well, even if the game got clobbered by the fans and was basically a disaster to the brand, they got through a whole year without the economy totally melting down due to some bug or exploit. Right? Right?

IncGamers Member

Here is my opinion on Diablo III.

Released in a very horrible state, dev team that is clueless, full of contradictions, offers nothing but band-aid fixes for a gaping sword wound.

1 year out, game is slightly better but continues to be overshadowed by the dull class system and horrible itemization. I don't believe Blizzard will get this right, I'm just not confident in them anymore.

What do I mean about dev team being clueless, look at how they continue to buff/nerf weapon damage on skills, that has zero to do with the actual problems of this class system.

I don't understand why the dev's keep thinking changing weapon damage % on skills is going to solve the issues with class balance, it has nothing to do with the problem. Every class can achieve high dps by getting the right gear, the problems between the classes has NOTHING to do with DPS but all to do with synergy.

Barbs have the best synergy, their skills and passives flow so well, they can move very fast, do lots of damage while having defensive bonuses with additional access to life steal. No other class comes close to the level of synergy, DPS has very little to do with this problem, one class flows infinitely better than the rest.

Picture an insanely fast car that can either drive on roads that are littered with heavy traffic and red lights at every 50 feet. The driver presses a button and now the car can fly to avoid all of that aggravation. That is exactly what the Barb is in D3, a car capable of flying to avoid the mess while other classes are forced to drive through redlights and endless traffic. When heavy traffic doesn't exist, this car that is capable of flying drives normally on the road at 5x faster than the other cars can.

when inconvenienced, the car flies to avoid the problems, when conditions are favorable, the car is blazing fast to the point nobody can keep up. Sure you can upgrade your car all you want to cut the gap down but most people would just buy the car that can fly instead of purposely putting up with stuff they don't have to.

That basically sums up why the class system has utterly failed and shows in stark clarity why the dev team is clueless.

I partly agree with you on the Barbarian Golbez2, the barbarian is definitely a very powerful character, I just rolled one to 60 and it was the fastest 60 for me so far. There is nothing wrong with that powerful barbarian however. In Diablo 2, I never expected my spearazon to tear through the mobs like a well geared sorceress or strafezon. There was never complete parity between the classes and especially the different builds. Certain classes/builds will always have their strengths and weaknesses. My spearie might suck for boss runs or clearing the pits but she rocked hardcore with her valkyrie, decoy and weapon switch for the dangerous stuff!

It takes all kinds to make a diablo game.

In diablo 3 the DH is awesome for low MP clearing, I can go pretty dang fast, way faster than my brothers monk. The real problem is higher MP levels.

I think the key to some of this is the gear and itemization. Once we get different paths to certain attainable breakpoints things will get a lot better.

I used to love tweaking and twinking gear in d2 via the sockets with runes, jewels and gems. Charms were also a bit hit for me. Being able to get some resist all charms for my sheildless character was sweet and pretty much required. If I would have had to rely on resist all on just gear I would have went insane years ago.

More choices in gear and WAYS TO GET IT are needed.