Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

D3 after one year

Hello!

I used to follow up on d3 intensely before release, but just after that I didn't buy it, well, because it sucked. I decided to give it some time, so basically I am asking what has changed over a year (did bugs get fixed, the lag etc)? I might just pick it up some time this week.

Also I am interested in the pvp area, how are the arenas, are they ranked or any detail like that.

Banned

Re: D3 after one year

Quote Originally Posted by ael View Post
    Hello!

I used to follow up on d3 intensely before release, but just after that I didn't buy it, well, because it sucked. I decided to give it some time, so basically I am asking what has changed over a year (did bugs get fixed, the lag etc)? I might just pick it up some time this week.

Also I am interested in the pvp area, how are the arenas, are they ranked or any detail like that.

The game is fun if you play with friends and only play self found/crafted.. To a point.

The PVM and PVP part of the game is ruined thanks to D3 damage stacking. If your DPS is high enough PVM and PVP becomes mainly a 1 shot fest. As far as PVM goes you can choose a Monster Power level to better balance the monster fights, but with 10 lvls of Monster Power it then becomes harder to find people to play with.

The game is fun when all fights, wether PVM or PVP have battles that last at least 30s-1 minute.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

All I can say is, that every patch made the game better than before.

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenotplease View Post
    Bugs have been squashed, lag is nowhere to be found but the problems from beta are still there.

Still no identify all.
    Still no item comparison in ah. (Buy something and hope it's better than what you have)
    Only 1 act really worth playing.
    Poor itemization.
    Lack of build choices.
    Lack of charachterization.
    Still no way to skip all the bloody cutscenes and other annoyances.

No idea about any pvp.

The gameplay is very smooth and well done though. Animations and physics are amazing too. Story was great also.

Hope i was of some help.
    Lots of info you left out there. All the changes for 1.0.8 are playable on PTR atm.

Identify all coming in patch 1.0.8.

Item comparison as well (still not as good as D3up.com + D3Bit though).

All acts will be good to play with monster density changes in 1.0.8.

Itemization still a problem, coming in 1.0.9.

Lack of build choices, I don't agree at all. But lack of builds as effective as WW barb = true.

Characterization coming in later patch with transmog system.

Cutscenes still annoying.

I think with patch 1.0.8 D3 will be an excellent game to play. The things missing now are proper PvP (we have brawling), better itemization (coming in 1.0.9), and more end game content.

Cutscenes and storyline are of no importance to me, I gave up long ago on blizzard's toilet paper driplet tier writing.

But I guess I'll be picking it up then. Tnx for the info.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenotplease View Post
    Bugs have been squashed, lag is nowhere to be found but the problems from beta are still there.

Still no identify all.
    Still no item comparison in ah. (Buy something and hope it's better than what you have)
    Only 1 act really worth playing.
    Poor itemization.
    Lack of build choices.
    Lack of charachterization.
    Still no way to skip all the bloody cutscenes and other annoyances.

No idea about any pvp.

The gameplay is very smooth and well done though. Animations and physics are amazing too. Story was great also.

Hope i was of some help.
    All of this except the story/dialogue is the worst I have ever seen, even from Chris Metzen. The tumor that is Chris Metzen needs to be surgically removed from blizzard asap, He has no idea what makes a Diablo game and no clue how to write anything other than 'epic' cliche hollywood trash. It craps all over the prequels, it just craps all over everything, its that bad.

And lag is all over the game with constant server maintenance, rubberbanding & latency issues still effect the game. Stay away from this game if your regularly over 200ms.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by ael View Post
    Hello!

If you were one of the few unlike myself who had the foresight not to buy on release than congratulations to you and by no means should you buy diablo 3. It is a disappointment of such magnitude I thought could never happen from a blizzard game and the only bad game they have released imo.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by spfun View Post
    And lag is all over the game with constant server maintenance, rubberbanding & latency issues still effect the game. Stay away from this game if your regularly over 200ms.
    Was gonna mention lag issues for me too. Tried everything i read on blizzard forums about fixing it and im pretty sure its not my end. some days everything is fine, than others it just drops in the red for no reason over and over again.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    All I can say is, that every patch made the game better than before.
    I think everyone would agree with this. The problem is even after 5 or so major patches that contain a lot of improvements the game is STILL pretty bad.

That should tell you a lot about the wretched state Blizzard chose to release this game in. I know they made a **** ton of money off D3, but I still hope they are embarassed about the quality of it. It's without a doubt their overall worst regarded game of the last 15 years and rightfully so.

In a vacuum D3 wouldn't be so bad, but compared to past Blizzard games and the past Diablo games it's an embarassment.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

I am glad you decided it sucked before you played it, you're an amazing Diablo fan.