Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member GoldenredDragon's Avatar
    BattleTag GoldenDragon-2226

Matriarch Seleia

Hello fellow SPFers !

I lurk a lot around this place, and never got a character to the end of Hell in SC. (And barely on botnet. Dedication.) Up until now ! Meet Seleia, my first Matriarch, and soon to be, dedicated MFer, LK runner, etc, etc...

LCS

She's a Orb-it-aller if my names are right. Frozen Orb and Fire Ball. I don't like Meteor. So no points there.

I can't quite remember how she got through the game, as I started her a LONG time ago, went to D3, came back a couple months ago, played on and off for a while, killed most of my HC characters, before coming back to take her onwards.

She's totally self-found, untwinked as it is. I do remember finding a Shako very early in act 1 hell, to my great delight at the time. I was also endlessly scared my etheral lidless wall would break (got it in nightmare as far as I recall), but that wasn't to be, even after questing all the way to Baal. I also searched high and low for a monarch. White + Larzuk, or 4 sockets. Well I finally did find one. By the way, that's Baal's fourth wave. So I didn't bother to log off, mule the runes on, and start it all over to get my Spirit. Will have to be later on in her life.

Stats and skills
    Spoiler

Gear :
    Spoiler

Switch :
    Spoiler

Charms :
    Spoiler

Mercenary:
    Spoiler

The Ancients were interesting to deal with. None were fire-cold immune, and I didn't see any auras, so I went berzerk on the teleports to separate them. I manage to get Talic whirling along the south-west side of the map, with his bro's somewhere else. So I went tele-tele up left, Orb down right, tele-tele down right, Orb Up left, and on and on and on. Until he dropped. My endless mana supply survived, thanks to my endless Teleports keeping him out of whirl range. Once I got hit, mashed the rejuv, and survived to teleport out. Next came Khorlic, and much in the same place. Except the routine this time was tele-tele up left, FB-FB-FB-FB-FB... you get the idea. And lastly, Madawac ran after me for a long time. He was extra fast, cursed, and lightning enchanted. So I had bolts all over the place, and kept teleporting all over the place, with the occasional orb flying in his general direction. Another rejuv went down when he got a shot off. But as he spent so much time running around instead of aiming, it wasn't too hard.

I re-rolled my map a couple times last week, and got something I don't want to ever lose. A nice LK map. Five teleports from the waypoint to the first house, then three left, two up, three left, to get to the three next houses, that just so happen to be next to each other. That's the main reason for the Harmony bow on switch, and Natalya's boots. Makes those runs fast. On got a Gul at the moment. And a boat load of other goodies, skillers, gems, mid-range runes. The future is bright for Seleia.

Other things of note :
    Gambling is fun. Don't know if it's really any good. For some hybrid perhaps.
    HellForge... could be worse.

I have a blizzard sorc somewhere in nightmare running meph there, in hopes of a skins of the vipermagi. And other goodies for future chars. And to change things up as well. I don't know exactly where Seleia will be orbing around. I'm definitely going to be taking here around Lower Kurast a lot. And then try out some hell meph, and see how that goes...

G.R.D. (Thanks for reading !)

IncGamers Member

Re: Matriarch Seleia

Congratz! I remember my first SP mat

Congrats! Nice writeup, well formatted and a good read.

IncGamers Member

Congrats, I remember my first SP Mat, after spending years on Battle.net and then having to do all of the game solo was shocking. I will never like Act 3, ever.

Good luck on your MF runs!

IncGamers Member

Valaska - try a fire druid, just for act 3. SO SATISFYING to melt all the little fetish jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazliare View Post
    Valaska - try a fire druid, just for act 3. SO SATISFYING to melt all the little fetish jerks.
    Rabeis is even better for them!

Congrats on the Matriach, and good luck with her future hunting! Good start with the Harly find.

IncGamers Member GoldenredDragon's Avatar
    BattleTag GoldenDragon-2226

Thanks for the replies !

I'm feeling more inclined towards getting a Guardian than MFing now. But all my HC chars above level 30 are deeded, and I always find acts 2 and 3 normal are such a drag. Okay, p8 doesn't really help, but the one time I played on p1, I ended up killing Diablo at level 23, and needing to go back for some more levels before tackling act 5 safely. Tough times getting past those pesky acts 2 and 3. In normal that is, cuz' I do enjoy them in nightmare, as XP is less of a grind I feel.

ANYWAY, I hope to bring some more of these threads within the following years. Patience patience. I think that's the key to HC. Also concentrating on a single char, instead of having like two from each class sitting between levels 15 and 28 ? So many builds to do !

G.R.D. (diabloholic)