Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Key of hate"?

"Key of hate"?

Probably embarrassing, but I'll ask anyways.

Single play as usual, my amazon is the only one who's ever gotten this far at Hell level: she's just killed the Summoner. Yay me.

Now the Summoner dropped a "key of hate". What the blazes is that? I cannot trade it, so it says. Cain is very unhelpful too. And at first glance I can't find anything useful on the Arreat Summit.
    So - what do I do with it?

Re: "Key of hate"?

Keys (There are three of them that drop from 3 different bosses), are used on the realms to open red portals to the mini ubers (which then leads to the ubers themselves). However the ubers are only available on the realms over battle.net, without installing a mod that isn't approved here. So in single player, they serve no purpose other than to take up space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

That's quick! Thank you!
    So if they're useless why do they drop in a single player game?! Cottleston, cottleston, cottleston pie.

Maybe like a teaser? They did want you to play online. Thats why Ladder only rw's exist.

They might have thought about allowing single player to complete the ubers at some point, but it was never implemented. I think they drop though because they were built into the drop possibilities of those bosses and they just applied it to everything (i.e. lazy coding).
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

A few years ago, someone created an uber version for SinglePlayer. I know, because my bro tried it out.

The Uber versions however, did not act like they do on Bnet. And so took away alot of fun killing them.
    Since they couldnt spawn minions, and spawned too far away from eachother to be able to work together.

Sry for that mod talk!

Peace and love

Hmpf. If they wanted me to play online, they should have made the battlenet better. Despite a good internetconnection it kept throwing me out, and I could never find players to play with (of the sort that aren't miles ahead of me leaving me baffled and feeling small).

The idea that they wanted Singles to play Ubers but never got round to it makes sense.
    Thanks for clearing it up everyone!

Not sure what to do with this useless item. Can't trade it. Nobody wants it. Maybe I'll drop it at Gheeds, he might pick it up when no one's looking.

Not sure what to do with this useless item. Can't trade it. Nobody wants it. Maybe I'll drop it at Gheeds, he might pick it up when no one's looking.

But you can always consider playing with a closed group of friends from here? And when they're not online, you can still solo private games?

I wouldn't know where to start! I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't understand any of the on-topic Diablo topics. Every single forum just confuses me further - every bit of text just makes me wonder what the hell everyone is on about. I've often wondered if it's about the same game, at all.

If you wanted to, you could vist the single player forum. It has a Multiplayer subforum in which people play together using either IP addresses or Hamaichi, but it hasn't been extremely active other than some Hardcore players like myself.