Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: My trouble with D3 HC...

Well I am glad you came back again to HC, Vega. I have not been on because my router is having problems and I, who have never got a DC before, am getting DCs like every 30 minutes, so no point for now. I hope the ISP replaces the router next week so I can get back on it. I will help you out as much as I can and as much as you are willing to accept too :-)

BattleTag Vegameister-2492

slyraje, thanks for the tip on armor! I had no chance of actually purchasing a 18 LR weapon, so I had to sette on a 14 LR 776 weapon and bought a few pieces as the belt, gloves and shoulders with some nice AR on them. It ainīt much, but I feel alot better with around 175 AR now at level 53 than I did with around 50 AR

jrsilva, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with your router and DCīs, buddy! Be smart and wait it out until you are 100% sure you are back in business before endangering DarthVader or your Wiz, you hear me? Would hate to see them go down this way!
    Thanks for offering even more help than your 1m already, it was a huge help as it is! Will gladly take more advice and items you donīt need from you when you are back

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Vega, if your internet situation is resolved you shouldn't have much trouble finishing the game now.

DC deaths are tough, but its just part of the game.

I used to do the grind to 60 (done it 7 times now) but this last death I had a friend power level me because I didn't want to waste 10 hours.

Best of luck!

Kornkills, I do believe it's become much more stable, but it's still far from 100% dummy-proof. That on TOP of hiccups of a normal PC and Blizzard's servers makes for a really adrenalive driven HC experience, hehe... At level 54 now and getting REALLY close to my first level 60 HC. Wonder whether I should try leveling to 60 before attempting hell Belial or not... take a look and let me know what you think?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/V.../hero/27132599

Guess a rush here and there to save me those 12 hours ain't a bad idea, hehe.

Thank you!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Vega View Post
    take a look and let me know what you think?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/V.../hero/27132599
    Your weapon is more than enough to provide all the damage needed for hell mp0. As such, I would recommend you switch ALL your gems to amethysts, including the helm. A little bit slower leveling now that you're so close won't really hurt you much. By the same token, I would swap Ruthless for Tough as Nails for more survivability.

However, there is a bit caveat here. I don't remember off the top of my head what dps is needed for hell Belial, and I imagine you already have plenty, but just in case, I would change skills for that fight alone and change back. Replace Leap with Battle Rage (Marauder's Rage) to boost dps and replace Revenge with Ignore Pain (Iron Hide) to survive his ground blasts. After Belial is sorted, you can grind in Act 3 all the way to 60 without much trouble, but avoid the keep levels 2 and 3. They've caused far too many deeds. Just grind in the first bit of Act 3 till you hit 60, slowly increasing MP as you get more comfortable, then equip level 60 gear and cruise to inferno.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by WebDragon View Post
    Your weapon is more than enough to provide all the damage needed for hell mp0. As such, I would recommend you switch ALL your gems to amethysts, including the helm. A little bit slower leveling now that you're so close won't really hurt you much. By the same token, I would swap Ruthless for Tough as Nails for more survivability.

However, there is a bit caveat here. I don't remember off the top of my head what dps is needed for hell Belial, and I imagine you already have plenty, but just in case, I would change skills for that fight alone and change back. Replace Leap with Battle Rage (Marauder's Rage) to boost dps and replace Revenge with Ignore Pain (Iron Hide) to survive his ground blasts. After Belial is sorted, you can grind in Act 3 all the way to 60 without much trouble, but avoid the keep levels 2 and 3. They've caused far too many deeds. Just grind in the first bit of Act 3 till you hit 60, slowly increasing MP as you get more comfortable, then equip level 60 gear and cruise to inferno.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the quit rundown, WebDragon! So far itīs been around 13-14 hours with this gal with no DCīs *knock on wood*, and even though I dare not say it lout for not to jinx myself, the coast looks clear for HC playing, I hope

I will definitely change all my rubies to amethysts when I get some playtime later on today, and even swap out ruthless for TaN... eventhough that one is going to hurt a bit more, hehe. Guess a living barb is better than a faster but deader barb, eh?

Is that skill setup with Marauderīs Rage and Iron Hide something all your guys use for each boss encounter, or just something that is suggested for Belialīs ground bombardments? I usually greatly dislike changing skills of my finished "build" (a D2 pet peeve, I guess), but if it will keep me alive, sure, why not!

Typically, the Keep is my favorite area in the entire game, but I do understand those crazy suicide bombers are nothing to scoff at, thanks!

Thanks again, great tips here!

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

Imho: don't go for TaN... take Superstition...
    Better yet: swap Inspiring Presence for Superstition. Revenge w/ Provocation is plenty life regen for Hell imho and Superstition is just awesome until lvl 60+ gear and Impunity.

Take Rend w/ Lacerate when going for boss fights if you doubt your dps or Blood Lust when you want some life regen. Ravage does nothing special for you in those fights, only in the approach.

The maurauder/iron hide setup is a personal preference, I think. I have used Leap/Revenge all the way on my current barb and it worked out well. I have to admit she was on decent levelling gear from previous chars and as such I don't know how skewed my view is. She had WAY less dps though, I know that much. I think both are perfectly viable setups.

Never completely change your setup JUST for the boss fight. If you do change your setup go back a couple levels and get used to it. I lost my previous barb to Inferno Ghom because I swapped my skills around but was still performing my standard skill cycle when encountering him leaving me dead in the water when I accidentally blew all my safety skills at once.

Most important about the Belial fight though is not to panic. You know exactly what he does and when. Keep attacking until he buries his claws and then slowly stutterstep away from the nova's. Pop IP or Leap when you get yourself cornered and move to a safe place.

Heya oOmpie! Thanks for the add, and your great tips!

I have taken your advice, and changed inspiring presence for superstition, as well as put lacerate on my rend only for the Hell Belial fight. The sucker went down in around 20 secons, and got me only as low as perhaps 2/3 of my life bulb, since I was entering the fight at level 56 and with 35K hp!

Going to enter act 3 Hell now, and level up to 60. From there it will be interesting to see what I do about gear. Either way, I will be updating from now on the HC barbs thread, so not to spam the forum. Almsot level 60, no DC yet... don't know what to believe, especially since my gf's 16 year old just got a new gaming pc in his room and he is connected to the same router as me, downloading god knows what, hehe... either way, I gave him the wireless adapter and I am keeping the ethernet cable right here, seems to be doing the trick so far

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

Gz on the progress. Yeah, wireless is the bane of a connection's existence.
    When stability matters ALWAYS choose ethernet over wireless.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Good luck Vega, i am somewhat in a similar situation. Got a lvl40 HC barb that had not got much attention until recently.
    Decided to make a run for 60. At 54 now act 2 hell.