Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: Boston Marathon bombing - you read it here first!

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    I don't think of it as "normal". More as "animal", like lying or thieving. Yes, it's common, but it isn't positive or civil behavior.
    Lying is also pretty normal, and socially acceptable. Thieving pretty much is as well, maybe to a slightly lesser degree than lying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    Feeling safe and being safe are two entirely different things. I cringe a little when people tell me they're safe someplace just because it's got cameras pointed at the front door.
    Of course they are. That's why I specifically said "feel"
    I know I'm not necessarily safe, but I'm happy to at least feel that way.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    I see female slaves wearing burkas 1-2 times a week, on my way to dinner. It seems they have been intimidated or brainwashed into not noticing their chains or even into liking them, but not that few have chosen that freely as well. The problem is, you cannot help them, as long as they don't want help, and to be honest, I have better things to do than enforcing happiness onto people who aren't asking for it.
    I'm thinking a door to door search is the only way to find the ones that know they are slaves in the First world.

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Lying is also pretty normal, and socially acceptable. Thieving pretty much is as well, maybe to a slightly lesser degree than lying though.
    Neither are supposed to be, which is my point. They're open anti-social behavior and they're among the things which I argued with Steve about being shameful. I think the issue is that anti-social, dishonest behavior has become accepted in a society which is structurally crumbling even as our capabilities achieve dizzying new heights.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Widow of Boston bomb suspect hires criminal lawyer

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — The widow of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev has hired a prominent criminal lawyer with experience defending terrorism cases as she continues to face questions from federal authorities.

Associated Press

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — The widow of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev has hired a prominent criminal lawyer with experience defending terrorism cases as she continues to face questions from federal authorities.

Associated Press
    Why would a nice Rhode Island girl from an extremely Progressive family, attending an extremely Progressive school system, with hopes of joining the Peace Corps, come to this? I can't figure it out! [/sneering sarcasm]

Doublepostmonsteritis...

Yeah, I can't figure out why a girl like that would be brainwashed into extreme religious conservatism. She had every opportunity to turn out well...
    [/no sarcasm at all]

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    Yeah, I can't figure out why a girl like that would be brainwashed into extreme religious conservatism. She had every opportunity to turn out well...
    [/no sarcasm at all]
    Girls! Who Can Figure them?
    Front page of the New York Post this morning..

Last edited by BobCox2; 13-05-2013 at 05:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    [/no sarcasm at all]
    What, so Progressive pinko girlies are joining extremely religious conservative groups in droves?

Wow, and here I thought the numbers of the religiously inclined are supposed to be plummeting!

Meanwhile, back in reality,

Massachusetts investigators have developed what they call "mounting evidence," bolstered by "forensic hits," that point to the possible involvement of both Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his younger brother Dzhokhar in a gruesome, unsolved triple homicide in 2011, law enforcement officials told ABC News.

It's workplace violence, just like Ft. Hood, right?

EDIT - your tax dollars, hard at work!
    State records show Tsarnaevs quick to grab EBT cash

Last edited by jmervyn; 13-05-2013 at 15:26.