Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Re: Boston Marathon bombing - you read it here first!

Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    Uh, no, that kinda misses the point entirely. Let me put it in a different light for you. A guy in your neighborhood (we'll call him Joe) is well known for running around slashing everybody's tires and breaking windshields. He does it every chance he gets. Another neighbor (Bob), mostly sits in his lawn chair yelling at people on the sidewalk. Sometimes he leaves a dead fish in someone's car, but that's about it.

One day you walk outside to go to work and see you have a flat tire.

You immediately march over to Bob's house and accuse him of slashing your tire because it's Tuesday. You also avoid any implication whatsoever that Joe might have been involved.

Do you see the problem here? It's not really a question of who's worse. It's a matter of who gets put where on the suspect list.

(Also, just FYI, CNN tried to blame right wing extremists as well. They are hardly the unbiased one of the three.)
    I understand where you're coming from. Worse, i don't even think news shows should sit around speculating. It's annoying when you do want to know what's going on and they're not saying anything, which is why I've basically given up on the TV news.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    A very interesting editorial from AceofSpades on the three co-conspirators; worth the read.

Originally Posted by AceofSpades

Well wonder of wonders, Vaseline is in fact a common ingredient in homemade bombs!
    I know stuff I handle with it has gone off.

Glenn Beck proof update

Spoiler
    Last edited by BobCox2; 04-05-2013 at 06:06.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    Showing us how they need to Die.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Ummmm.....that's scary.

Still desperately clinging to any straws you can grab to support your false stereotypes. Sad. I almost pity you, Techno.

FYI, for those that didn't bother looking, 18% of democrats and 27% of independents also said armed revolution might be necessary.

Doesn't take much to completely shred that article. Honestly, I like picking polls apart sometimes, but this one was just too easy. For example, it (and you, to a much greater extent) are claiming that anyone who says "yes" is obviously a violent psychopath, or a potential one anyway. Two main issues with this claim. First, there is a very big step between saying something and doing it. And second, the poll question was "In the next few years, an armed revolution might be necessary in order to protect our liberties." It's asking the person to speculate on current trends, not whether they are ready to put a salad bowl on their head and march out the door to fight the oppressors. Given the current trend of increasing attempts by the government to intrude on and control daily life, is it any wonder that some feel a revolution might become necessary at some point in the future?

I also take issue with the Sandy Hook question. "Some people are hiding the truth about the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in order to advance a political agenda." The article paints this as belief in the idea that the whole thing was a hoax or a set up or something. It actually illustrates a common problem with relying on polls. Loaded questions. The statement is true, as some people have or are in fact hiding or attempting to hide things about the killing, or any mass killing really, to advance their agenda. (If you say otherwise, then I've got a fantastic investment opportunity in suspension bridges over in New York that you might be interested in.) The theory that it was an inside job or something, not so much.

There's more, but I'll save it for now.

I had the same thoughts. It looks like they used a bunch of conspiracy theory questions to get the respondents riled up and then asked them about revolution. I know i get a little riled thinking about how our rights are being chipped away.

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    Nope, nothing to be concerned about...

Poll: 44% of Republicans say armed revolution might be necessary
    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Glenn Beck proof update
    Yeah, its obviously not like the fascist Left is far more fond of violent behaviour or anything, right Bob & Tech?

"Oh, but that's different" they whine. Glenn Beck NEEDS to be silenced, for the sake of the collective nation Gaia decency.

Is it wrong of me to start realizing that people who still identify with the Democrat party are similar to German citizens of 1936?

BattleTag kestegs-1550

I did read the whole poll actually, and that's what's scary. It's both sides. And yes, you're right that it's a bit of a hoaky poll and probably not that realistic. But the fact that people are thinking that's a viable option is disturbing. And saying something is the first step towards thinking it might be okay or a good idea.