Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 89
  1. #31
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,933

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing - you read it here first!

    On the lighter side, not everyone is discussing what nice guys the terrorists were (or how sexually attractive), continuing the search for the elusive TEA Party villains, or trying to make a buck off the tragedy.

    ("America!" song NSFW) So much for "gifted athlete".


    Greg Gutfeld has excellent perspective, as usual.

  2. #32
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,933

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing - you read it here first!

    Last edited by jmervyn; 23-04-2013 at 18:26.

  3. #33
    IncGamers Member Technomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    3,057

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing - you read it here first!

    Isn't it ironic.

    http://www.salon.com/2013/04/23/tame...lex_jones_fan/

    Dontcha think?

    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    snip
    Ya know, on 9/11 (the day of), I never met or heard a single person wondering if it was the work of some tree-huggers. Did you? However, I met and heard a LOT of people wondering if it was right-wing militia groups. The morning of, I even met one ****nut that thought it was right-wing militia and was cheering it on. Timothy McVeigh had just been executed (here), and everyone was holding their breath for a response.

    I think it's comical that "a certain demographic" of folks horde guns and munitions, think Obama is literally *the* Antichrist and a usurper, bring loaded guns to rallies with the express intent of intimidating politicians with physical violence if they don't get their way, talk about "2nd Amendment remedies", shoot up campaign headquarters, assassinate abortion doctors, blow up abortion clinics and a federal building, and have never met a conspiracy theory they didn't like, but when something happens that has a clear logical coincidence like Tax Day, and anyone even breathes a word about the *possibility* said demo *may* have been involved, then "Aw hell no! *head aspoldes!!!!*"

    When a group actively tries to scare people into giving them what they want, they can't be mad when those people are scared of them.

    You're right though. It wasn't our right-wingers. It was their right-wingers. Thank goodness ours haven't gone off the deep end yet.

  4. #34
    IncGamers Member Glurin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    965

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing - you read it here first!

    When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

    All you've got that pointed to "right wing extremists" was that it was tax day. A very thin connection to say the least. The target was all wrong, the type of bomb was wrong, and the historical profiles were wrong. Those did point quite strongly at another group however. A connection that only got stronger as more information was discovered. Yet you chose to believe zebras did it, as did the people you associate with if what you say about your 9/11 experience is accurate. I believe that is the very definition of "paranoid".

  5. #35
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,933

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing - you read it here first!

    Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    Dontcha think?
    Not much. Jones attracts bipartisan crazy, if you weren't aware; nearly as much as Art Bell/George Noory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    Ya know, on 9/11 (the day of), I never met or heard a single person wondering if it was the work of some tree-huggers. Did you? However, I met and heard a LOT of people wondering if it was right-wing militia groups.
    Couldn't have anything to do with the incessant pounding on OK City by the Clinton administration, of course, in efforts (coordinated by Dick Morris, hilariously) to link Hillary's VRWC with the GOP and completely ignore McVeigh's identification of **WACO** as the 'reason'. Or the fact that you don't associate with anyone not as flaming a liberal as can be found in Hoosierville. Right? Just because ELF/ALF has a far higher frequency of violence or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    bring loaded guns to rallies with the express intent of intimidating politicians with physical violence if they don't get their way,
    You're so funny when you talk with your head stuffed so far up & locked in.



    You'll have to speak up though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    shoot up campaign headquarters, assassinate abortion doctors, blow up abortion clinics and a federal building, and have never met a conspiracy theory they didn't like,
    Again, Physician, you can't heal much when it's stuffed up there so deeply. Yes, there's 'right' crazies, but the death toll to their actions is infinitesimal when McVeigh isn't considered. In fact, between Waco & Ruby Ridge, it's far less than the American innocents killed violently by their own Gov't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    When a group actively tries to scare people into giving them what they want, they can't be mad when those people are scared of them.
    Ok then. Do you REALLY want to compare? Here's a decent site. The ones you're throwing shyte at have a death toll of zero. The ones you're protecting and identifying with have a death toll of dozens. The crazies you claim are my allies have a toll of 3301, mostly from McVeigh. The crazies you're claiming are just crazy, when they're part & parcel of your politics, have a death toll of 15,862.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    Thank goodness ours haven't gone off the deep end yet.
    I love your caveat of "yet", given the "assassination chic" of your fellow Socialists during the Bush administration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    Yet you chose to believe zebras did it, as did the people you associate with if what you say about your 9/11 experience is accurate. I believe that is the very definition of "paranoid".
    Actually, when I saw Techo's attempt at credible response, I thought immediately of a democrat male.

  6. #36
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,933

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing - you read it here first!

    ANYHOO. Back to the topic, at least kind of. Janet-from-another-planet has admitted that Beck's right, literally days after she sneered at Drudge and claimed his site was mendacious. She's pretending that the Saudi was put on the watch list AFTER the bombing, without any real explanation of why someone hospitalized and in custody would suddenly appear on what amounts almost to "America's Most Wanted".

    Janet's an arseclown, always has been, and it used to be fun to watch her flailing back when her strongest "competition" was Sheriff Joe - and she didn't have the power of the National stage. There's going to follow all sorts of "nothing to see here, move along", but someone doesn't just trip over the curb and land on the terrorist watch list. This isn't to say the Saudi <actually> had anything to do with the bombing; just that the rush to secretively get him out of the country is at least as suspect as Bush getting the Bin Laden family members off American soil after 9/11. Lying liars and the lies they tell - wasn't that a Mickey Moore book?

  7. #37
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,933

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing - you read it here first!

    After today, I'm starting to think that Beck is trying to pull a Breitbart. Basically, you dribble your story in bit by bit, and giggle as the subject twists in the wind, snared by their own lies. Let's see if he comes up with another "development" tomorrow that contradicts Janet again.

    Personally, I'm leaning towards the idea that this guy is a Muslim Bros. notable with some serious family cash. That would account for the white glove treatment by "Jackie" mOO, who just happened to visit him in the hospital.

    EDIT - I wish I knew what branch this Saudi affiliates with, because it is entirely possible the reason he's being kept under wraps ties somehow to the Administration's secret-only-in-their-imagination smuggling operation in Syria. No need for KKKonspiracy theory when this administration continually screws the pooch on basic competence and then attempts to cover it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by President Obama
    If that’s who we are, if that’s our character, that we’re willing to follow through on commitments that we say are important, commitments to each other and to our kids, then I’m confident we can make this country a safer place for all of them.
    Ambassador Chris Stevens could not be reached for comment. Because, like, he's dead.
    Last edited by jmervyn; 24-04-2013 at 19:29.

  8. #38
    IncGamers Member BobCox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UnderYourDoorMat
    BattleTag What Me Worry?
    Posts
    10,800

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing - you read it here first!

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    After today, I'm starting to think that Beck is trying to pull a Breitbart. Basically, you dribble your story in bit by bit, and giggle as the subject twists in the wind, snared by their own lies. Let's see if he comes up with another "development" tomorrow that contradicts Janet again.

    Personally, I'm leaning towards the idea that this guy is a Muslim Bros. notable with some serious family cash. That would account for the white glove treatment by "Jackie" mOO, who just happened to visit him in the hospital.

    Personally, I'm leaning towards the idea that Glen Beck is full of **** but hey that could be just me.

    Meh

    How Boston Exposes America's Dark post-9/11 Bargain: We traded rights for "security," and didn't get either. "Our constitutional rights are now deemed to be partial or provisional rather than absolute, do not necessarily apply to everyone, and can be revoked by the government at any time."

    Benjamin Franklin summed it up in a single sentence: “Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    Last edited by BobCox2; 25-04-2013 at 05:14.

  9. #39
    IncGamers Member Technomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    3,057

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing - you read it here first!

    Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

    All you've got that pointed to "right wing extremists" was that it was tax day. A very thin connection to say the least. The target was all wrong, the type of bomb was wrong, and the historical profiles were wrong. Those did point quite strongly at another group however. A connection that only got stronger as more information was discovered. Yet you chose to believe zebras did it, as did the people you associate with if what you say about your 9/11 experience is accurate. I believe that is the very definition of "paranoid".
    If it didn't even cross your mind that Tax day + Boston + (Boston Tea Party) / TEA party = interesting coincidence, then you were asleep or willfully trying to not think it. I'm not saying it was strong, I'm just saying it was plausible, and therefore not "omfgbs" to mention. It's more like horses and mules after years of loud hee-hawing.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Not much. Jones attracts bipartisan crazy, if you weren't aware; nearly as much as Art Bell/George Noory.
    His stock is on the rise on the right, apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Couldn't have anything to do with the incessant pounding on OK City by the Clinton administration, of course, in efforts (coordinated by Dick Morris, hilariously) to link Hillary's VRWC with the GOP and completely ignore McVeigh's identification of **WACO** as the 'reason'. Or the fact that you don't associate with anyone not as flaming a liberal as can be found in Hoosierville. Right? Just because ELF/ALF has a far higher frequency of violence or anything.
    LOL, "flaming liberal" and "hoosier" in the same sentence is like putting ketchup in a gas tank. Actually, the people I was hanging around then were "government can pry my guns out of my cold dead hands" types. They are the people on my FB now talking about Obama "prying their guns out of their cold dead hands". Oh, and according to your left v. right violence site below, environmental terrorism has killed exactly nobody in modern times.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    I never said anything about race. My point still stands. I'd say nice try, but it wasn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Again, Physician, you can't heal much when it's stuffed up there so deeply. Yes, there's 'right' crazies, but the death toll to their actions is infinitesimal when McVeigh isn't considered. In fact, between Waco & Ruby Ridge, it's far less than the American innocents killed violently by their own Gov't.

    Ok then. Do you REALLY want to compare? Here's a decent site. The ones you're throwing shyte at have a death toll of zero. The ones you're protecting and identifying with have a death toll of dozens. The crazies you claim are my allies have a toll of 3301, mostly from McVeigh. The crazies you're claiming are just crazy, when they're part & parcel of your politics, have a death toll of 15,862.
    So, every attack that isn't religious based is automatically left? I guess that makes religious people 3x more dangerous than non-religious people. Good to know.

    Also, I didn't realize Timmy killed thousands of people. Oh yeah, he didn't, it was 168. I wonder where the other 3,133 went? Besides, I would've put him in the secular/political/anarchist(aka anti-government) category until I found out those were all apparently hippies.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    I love your caveat of "yet", given the "assassination chic" of your fellow Socialists during the Bush administration.
    Hopefully it stays yet. I'm sure you were disappointed that the AP twitter hack turned out to be a hoax, though.

  10. #40
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,933

    Re: Boston Marathon bombing - you read it here first!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Personally, I'm leaning towards the idea that Glen Beck is full of **** but hey that could be just me
    It's just you. Beck is unpleasantly correct on a lot of things, as is Ann Coulter, which is why THEY MUST BE DISCREDITED AND SLANDERED AT ANY COST!!!!ONE!!

    Hell, even Alex Jones' stopped clock can give interesting results - though I thought it pretty funny that while I generally reject him, Ash (I think?) had asked why I didn't care for the site?
    Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    If it didn't even cross your mind that Tax day + Boston + (Boston Tea Party) / TEA party = interesting coincidence, then you were asleep or willfully trying to not think it.
    No, it's that some of us aren't played like fiddles by the fascist Left of the U.S. media. I immediately suspected Islamists. See, there's this thing called statistics you would understand if you had gone to University...
    Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    LOL, "flaming liberal" and "hoosier" in the same sentence is like putting ketchup in a gas tank.
    Nonsense. I lived there, remember? Just because you and your buddies have the same fortress mentality that I do hardly means that there's any less vehement belief. Besides, Indiana isn't that far behind Ohio in turning purple; the vile in-law family was hard Left blue and had lived there over 40 years.

    I find it extremely hard to believe you 'hang around' with typical Hoosier scum unless it's at work. I certainly didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    Oh, and according to your left v. right violence site below, environmental terrorism has killed exactly nobody in modern times.
    "Modern" being whatever you want it to mean? See, spiking trees doesn't always kill the logger. To say nothing of the secondary results of your brain-wiped buds' actions. If you take offense to my tossing them on your side of the shyte-pile, I'd love to see you point out an environmentalist whack-job you would consider to be on the "right". FYI, Ted Nugent can't fit the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    I never said anything about race. My point still stands. I'd say nice try, but it wasn't.
    Huh, I actually was referring to your claim of 'loaded guns' but I was surprised to realize you hadn't thrown in race as well. Kudos to you, even though you'll never convince me that this wasn't the dude you were thinking of, and probably didn't realize the scandal when his head was purposefully edited out of the picture by MSNBC so as to conceal his race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    So, every attack that isn't religious based is automatically left? I guess that makes religious people 3x more dangerous than non-religious people. Good to know.
    Figured you'd try that. His numbers separate "right" from "political" for that very reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    Also, I didn't realize Timmy killed thousands of people. Oh yeah, he didn't, it was 168. I wonder where the other 3,133 went? Besides, I would've put him in the secular/political/anarchist(aka anti-government) category until I found out those were all apparently hippies.
    You're still attempting to ignore the vast discrepancy between the "right" and your side which is the "all other". Perhaps there's some Libertarian terrorist movement out there that I'm unaware of? Regardless, your claims of abortion bombing and assassination being placed on the "right" as significant displays your desperate bias for all to see: the vast death toll of the sweeping anti-abortionist movement is... eight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    I'm sure you were disappointed that the AP twitter hack turned out to be a hoax, though.
    The projection is all yours, sirrah.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •