Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Boston Marathon bombing - you read it here first!

I really want to keep my "War!!" thread specific to the ChiCom "Yellow Menace" topic, so here's a nice clean thread where we can throw all the political mud we want.

The most recent report I've seen is that two Chechens, apparently brothers, were the culprits. One has been shot and died of his wounds, which supposedly included blast damage - it is possible grenades were thrown. This was after they killed an MIT campus cop and supposedly wounded another policeman. Sections of the somewhat upscale area where the other escaped are on police lock-down.

Now, most people now understand that media reporting for ongoing investigations is going to be erratic and fault-prone, particularly in the modern n00z cycle, but there seems to be very little shame or consequences for them now.

<<MOST>> specifically, the mainstream media went out of it's way to speculate with malice and frame the TEA Party as being the likely bombers. Now, this is nothing new, and we saw the result even here. Not only do many on the Left actually admire, are friendly with, or even are allied to REAL terrorists, but they want to debase the word and don't like applying it correctly.

I find it more than a little disturbing that the mainstream Democrat Left are far more eager to blame their countrymen for horrific acts of violence like deliberately planting a bomb behind an eight-year-old child, than to place the blame where it most frequently and obviously rests. However, it goes hand-in-glove with the assumptions of the Left - they see those not agreeing with them as actually Evil, where on the "Right" we tend to think for the most part those on the Left are simply ignorant or stupid.

Re: Boston Marathon bombing - you read it here first!

Many more details emerging about the escaped Islamist terrorist. One speculation is that he actually ran over his brother during his escape, and another is that the police ran the brother over.

EDIT: The Saudi national who was initially detained is being hastily deported (though that's apparently being questioned). Janet Napolitano claims questions on the subject were not worthy of an answer. Funny, but wasn't there a movie about this precise sort of conduct not so many years ago?
    Last edited by jmervyn; 19-04-2013 at 14:37.

Not obvious from casual reading, but Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is a 2nd-year Med student at Dartmouth, born in Kyrgyzstan.

IncGamers Member

WCVB Video and Live Reporter Updates:
    http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th...oston_Marathon

Channel 7 Online video:
    http://www1.whdh.com/video/7newslive

CBS Boston (Cameras on Scene apparently):
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/

Boston Police Scanner:
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam

The manhunt for the younger one (Dzhokhar) continues.

Supposedly the elder brother (a boxer) was the sincere Islamist, and the younger one his follower.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Graham
    Attn: World terrorists: One whacko can shut down a metro area of 4 million people and send them cowering in fear 30 miles away.
    Their uncle held a news conference and is, well, as one might expect (video).
    Quote Originally Posted by HotAir
    In his last conversation with Tamerlan, around 2009, Tsarni said, “He started telling me about that he’s in Islam. I tell him, ‘Islam’s always been there. You just do your business. Work , go to school be useful, know why you came to America.’ And, I just said, and I’m sorry for my word… I said, ‘You prick.’”

Tsarni also called Tamerlan a “loser,” who had not finished school and gone to college as his younger brother had.

He said his nephews’ actions are “not comprehendible in our family,” saying he’d followed news of the bombings with everyone else and, “I was saying ‘these are barbarians, whoever they are.’”

“For people, listen, what can I say? Sympathy, condolences. That I’m with them! And, if some of them are ready to send their curses on me, I’m ready to accept it because I’m associated with these bastards (by blood). What else can I say? What else normal person can say?”

EDIT - Irony, anyone?

EDIT 2 - Napolitano decided to skip out on Schumer's Immigration bill hearings. Because, you know, optics.
    Last edited by jmervyn; 19-04-2013 at 17:28.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

They got him.

and this is how everyone reacting

Last edited by BobCox2; 20-04-2013 at 03:21.

Captured alive after a home-owner went to check his boat.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    and this is how everyone reacting

Over the top and unmerited, I'd agree. From the Twitter quote by Michael Graham above, as well as some other discussion, few but those at the initial blast and some law enforcement covered themselves in glory during this nasty episode. The mindset of our populace isn't exactly right.
    Last edited by jmervyn; 20-04-2013 at 11:25.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

What I find dispiriting is that a number of folks are so disgusted with the state of judicial process that they find it preferable that the perpetrator in this case be shot to death during the arrest rather than for due process to take place - trial, appeal, repeat, etc ad nauseum - even though the end result, an executed/dead murderer, is largely similar.

For the purposes of full disclosure, I include myself in the group I refer to above. I'm not happy to do so, but with so many evils to evaluate, it's hard (as in, impossible) to work out which is the lesser.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Well the Cops in Boston handled it pretty well. If it had been the LAPD I'm sure this is what it would have looked like.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

"Suspect caught fire and burned during questioning."