Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Diablo II LoD taking a while to open

So what is happening is quite minor but it is beginning to get really frustrating every time I want to open and play D2. Whenever I double click on the desktop icon for some reason it takes about 30-60 seconds for the client to actually open.

Anyone know something I can do to fix this?

Re: Diablo II LoD taking a while to open

Quote Originally Posted by techneeq View Post
    So what is happening is quite minor but it is beginning to get really frustrating every time I want to open and play D2. Whenever I double click on the desktop icon for some reason it takes about 30-60 seconds for the client to actually open.

Anyone know something I can do to fix this?
    Let's eliminate some options first:
    - when was the last time you formatted your computer?
    - do you have other programs running in the background? (virus scanner, office prestart, unidentified program, etc...)
    - is your computer old? (not the software, the actual hardware)
    - is something/someone constantly straining your harddrive/internet via a network or other connection?

That's all I can think off at this moment.

IncGamers Member

- when was the last time you formatted your computer?
    Probably back when I bought it, which was less than 6 months ago

- do you have other programs running in the background? (virus scanner, office prestart, unidentified program, etc...)
    Tons of programs and millions of Chrome tabs

- is your computer old? (not the software, the actual hardware)
    As I said before it is less than 6 months old. i7, Radeon 6770, 8 gigs RAM. Pretty geared so most likely not a hardware issue.

- is something/someone constantly straining your harddrive/internet via a network or other connection?
    No not aware of something/someone constantly straining my hard drive/internet.

Just right now I tried opening a few other programs and games just to see how long it takes them to open. I opened HoN, Starcraft, and Steam, which all responded and opened in less than 5 seconds so it seems the problem is something with the D2 client.

Same thing for me! And have been so for almost a year now. But Im doing a full clean of my harddrives this weekend.

Heres the solution for me, pretty simple. I just double-click the icon a 2nd time. And it starts immediatly.
    A box saying "You cant have 2 windows of D2 up at the same time" or something, pops up.

Peace

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Archone View Post
    Same thing for me! And have been so for almost a year now. But Im doing a full clean of my harddrives this weekend.

Heres the solution for me, pretty simple. I just double-click the icon a 2nd time. And it starts immediatly.
    A box saying "You cant have 2 windows of D2 up at the same time" or something, pops up.

Peace
    Kind of a ghetto fix but this definitely works, thank you very much.

Peace
    Yup, same here. Occasionally when I do this I manage to open 2 copies simultaneously w/o the computer complaining :/

This slow start up doesn't always happen, but it happens a lot :(

IncGamers Member

Peace
    Yup. Exactly the same here. Sometimes I wait out the half minute or so checking internet/other stuff.
    It's a problem with windows 7 I think, it used to work fine on my old desktop a year back.

Yeah, I have this same issue now, but its only since I switched to a computer with Win 7. It worked immediately on XP. I think it has something to do with it starting in compatability mode and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

I have win 7 on both my Pc and my Laptop. And this only occurs on my Pc for some reason.. ?

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Have you tried changing your video card setting by running the video test in the game folder? I noticed this happening when I was messing around with my video settings once.