Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: Voting is the best revenge part II

Ugh. I guess we have to pass it to find out what's in it? Way to win over civil libertarians, guys!

I'd really like to know WHY this legislation is needed. Is it that ISP's and such have to somehow seek permission from the client before ratting them out for illegal activity? That would be counter-intuitive and certainly not justify a vague, overarching piece of "whatever we want it to mean" law...

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Ugh. I guess we have to pass it to find out what's in it? Way to win over civil libertarians, guys!

I'd really like to know WHY this legislation is needed. Is it that ISP's and such have to somehow seek permission from the client before ratting them out for illegal activity? That would be counter-intuitive and certainly not justify a vague, overarching piece of "whatever we want it to mean" law...
    Oh Look, Rep. Mike Rogers Wife Stands To Benefit Greatly From CISPA Passing...
    Rogers' wife, Kristi Clemens Rogers, was, until recently, the president and CEO of Aegis LLC a "security" defense contractor company, whom she helped to secure a $10 billion (with a b) contract with the State Department. The company describes itself as "a leading private security company, provides government and corporate clients with a full spectrum of intelligence-led, culturally-sensitive security solutions to operational and development challenges around the world."
    Pro-CISPA interest groups have given $67,600,000 to the House since 2010. New co-sponsors have received 38x as much money from supporting interests than from interests opposed to CISPA.

It's all Money Money Money when they get in office.
    Vote Vote Vote them out..

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    It's all Money Money Money when they get in office.
    Vote Vote Vote them out..
    Yeah, but sometimes it can be very, very funny. If by "funny" you mean, 'amusing watching a bunch of whores trying to feck each other over for a price'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daily Caller
    Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid joined four other Senate Democrats in voting against expanding gun background checks Wednesday, defeating the Manchin-Toomey amendment.

But the left has already given him a pass. And it’s not exactly clear how the National Rifle Association is going to react either.

Liberals are already pouncing on the four other Democrats: Sens. Max Baucus, Mark Begich, Heidi Heitkamp and Mark Pryor.
    Say, who was it using the dead children from Sandy Hook as a soapbox, again?