Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Dawnmaster's free giveaway contests (sponsored by Archone)

UPDATE: EVENT 3 ADDED BELOW

Hello fellow ETF'ers! I'm proud to present the "Dawnmaster's Olympics Of Diablo" aka the "Dude-games" ;-)

This thread serves as an intro to what journey you might embark this week, as well as a subscription thread for any or all contests, and as a closure to list all winners and their prices at the end of the week!

I will reveal 1 new contest every morning of every day for this week, and explain it's rules, you can subscribe all day long in this thread until 19h45, between 20h00 and 22h00, the events will take place!

There are three reasons why I'm doing this:
    1) ladder reset is imminent, time to empty those mules and make some space
    2) baby arrival is imminent, time to squeeze as much diablo time/fun as I can
    3) I'm a little bit crazy, like to entertain people, and love to give away nice goodies

Which prices can be won you might say? Well, I made a list of items which might be worthy of you, and our good friend Archone (noteworthy for his kindness/generosity/personal awesomeness/...) donated a substantial amount to that list!

There are first prices for each contest, and consolation prices for participants who don't get anything good.
    Any participation gives you the right to handpick any of the consolation prices.
    Each event will state which first prices can be won and how, but it will always contain atleast 1 high rune.

List of first prices:
    Natalya's Soul +76 defense / +23% cres / +24% lres
    Tal Rasha's Guardianship
    Tal Rasha's Adjudication
    Rockstopper 173% ed / +26% cres / +29% lres / +24% fres
    Crown of Thieves 198% ed / 11% ll / 94% gold
    Harlequin Crest
    Marrowwalk 185% ed / 2 skeleton mastery / 18str - won by Vain
    Magefist 30% ed
    Homunculus 188% ed
    Herald of Zakarum 154% ed
    Grief (phase blade) 30% ias / +347 dam / -24% enemy pres / 13 life after kill
    Call to Arms (crystal sword) 275% ed / 3 battle command / 1 battle orders / 2 battle cry
    Heart of the Oark (flail) +33% allres
    Enigma (archon plate) +750 defense
    Harlequin Crest socketed with Perfect Topaz
    Magic Coronet +2 Sorceress Skills / +20% fcr / 1 empty socket
    Magic Circlet +2 Sorceress Skills / +20% fcr / 1 empty socket
    Moser's Blessed Circle (upped to Luna) 216% ed / socketed with 2x -5%/+5% cold face lvlup
    Archnid Mesh 90% ed
    3x Ohm rune
    1x Ber rune
    1x Gul rune
    2x Lo rune
    2x Vex rune
    3x Ist rune

List of consolation prices will follow later

As a general rule: always start your reply with EVENT 1-5, so there's no confusion!
    This first event does not require subscription, just follow the rules, and enjoy the good times

EVENT I: Strange Treasure Hunters
    This event is global, it starts now, and ends Friday at 22h00 (or until the list is completed)
    The objective is very simple, you can search any item on the list.
    When you find the item, post it and/or a screenshot in this thread (don't forget to mention EVENT 1)
    And send me a pm with a muletrade so I can personally verify.

List of the items to be found and it's respective prices:
    <easy>
    Cracked boots - 0 durability [Natalya's Soul +76 defense / +23% cres / +24% lres]
    Nagelring - 15% mf [Rockstopper 173% ed / +26% cres / +29% lres / +24% fres]
    White Thunder Maul - 4 sockets (superior is allowed) [Homunculus 188% ed]

<medium>
    Ethereal Rare Assassin katar - any type, any stats [Marrowwalk 185% ed / 2 skeleton mastery / 18str - found and won by Vain]
    Crafted Ring - ctc Frost Nova & ctc Nova [Crown of Thieves 198% ed / 11% ll / 94% gold]
    Set items - Complete Arctic gear [Herald of Zakarum 154% ed]

<hard>
    White Necromancer Shrunken Head - 3x +3 random staffmods [Heart of the Oark (flail) +33% allres]
    Rare Jewel - X mana & X life [Ohm rune]
    Magic Grand Charm - 100 defense (nothing else) [Magic Coronet +2 Sorceress Skills / +20% fcr / 1 empty socket]
    Last edited by Dawnmaster; 17-04-2013 at 04:24. Reason: typo

Re: Dawnmaster's free giveaway contests (sponsored by Archone)

Just poppin' in to say hi, and thx!

As promised, the list of consolation prices, I didn't include stats, they are low items with low stats, just for peeps who don't have it and would like one

FULL SET
    Angelic Raiment, Hsarus' Defense, Sigon's Complete Steel, Immortal King

PARTIAL SET
    Tal Rasha's Wrappings - weapon & mask
    M'avina's Battle Hymn - gloves & belt
    The Disciple - gloves & belt
    Oprhan's Call - gloves, helm & shield
    Natalya's Odium - helm
    Aldur's Watchtower - helm
    Sazabi's Grand Tribute - armor & helm
    Heaven's Brethren - armor
    Hwanin's Majesty - helm & armor

UNIQUE ARMOR
    Skin of the Vipermagi, Que-Hegan's Wisdom, Toothrow, The Spirit Shroud, Shaftstop
    Duriel's Shell, Atma's Wail, Black Hades, Iceblink, Rattlecage, Goldskin

UNIQUE BOOT
    Gorefoot, Tearhaunch, Infernostride, Sandstorm Trek

UNIQUE HELM
    Wolfhowl, Cerebus' Bite, The Face of Horror, Peasant Crown, Wormskull, Stealskull

UNIQUE BELT
    Goldwrap, Verdungo's Hearty Cord

UNIQUE GLOVES
    Frostburn, Gravepalm, Chance Guards, Bloodfist, Venom Grip

UNIQUE SHIELDS
    Lidless Wall, Visceratuant, Ethereal Homunculus, The Ward

UNIQUE WEAPONS
    Bonesnap, Razor's Edge, Baranar's Star, Demon Limb, Fleshrender, Eschuta's Temper
    Wizardspike, Shadow Killer, Heaven's Light, Witchwild String

MAGIC ITEMS
    Grand Charm - defensive skills
    Grand Charm - fire skills
    2x Small Charm - 3% frw
    5x Small Charm - 5% fhr
    Small Charm - 5% fhr / 14ar
    2x Jewel - 15% ias
    Jewel - 32% ed / 22-36 fire dam
    Jewel - 35% ed / 1 replenish life
    Jewel - 37% ed

RUNEWORDS & SOCKETABLES
    Crystal Sword - Spirit, Russet Armor - Treachery, Gothic Staff - Memory
    Monarch, Royal Shield - 4 open sockets

RUNES
    147(will be more by the end of the week) * RND(El to Dol)

PS: the second event will be posted tomorrow morning, and will be an active event between 20h00 en 22h00 tomorrow evening!

IncGamers Member

Hi to you.
    First of all, congratulation for the imminent baby arrival

and thanks to you and to the really generous Archone for these games!

So...

EVENT 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    Ethereal Rare Assassin katar - any type, any stats [Marrowwalk 185% ed / 2 skeleton mastery / 18str]
    I've just found an etheral rare cestus!

I'll prepare a mule, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vain View Post
    Hi to you.
    First of all, congratulation for the imminent baby arrival
    and thanks to you and to the really generous Archone for these games!
    So...
    EVENT 1
    I've just found an etheral rare cestus!
    I'll prepare a mule, right?
    The Marrowwalks have been deployed onto your mule, feel free to aim for the other items!

EDIT:

EVENT II: Hide and seek!
    Minimum 3 players, Maximum 28 players - There will be 1-4 games of Hide and seek.

The rules are simple, at 20h00 tonight I will hide in an online game, act1-act5 anywhere!
    The first person that finds me wins the first price, you make an announcement in the ingame chat that you found me, and I will verify.

I will be stationairy and give periodic hints of my surroundings (architecture, monsters, landmarks, etc)
    On average it should take no more than 30 minutes to find me, there will be a maximum of 4 games, and there will be 1 first price for each game, all other participants may choose from the consolation list.

First prices to choose from:
    Tal Rasha's Adjunctation
    Harlequin Crest
    Harlequin Crest with Perfect Topaz
    Call to Arms (crystal sword) 3/1/2
    Lo rune

Subscribe now (don't forget to mention "event 2"), and keep an eye out for this thread between 20h00 and 22h00, I will state here who can join the first game, after somebody's won, I will state the victor and the participants for the second game etc...

The victor may choose his/her item directly ingame and will receive it before I post here.
    Last edited by Dawnmaster; 16-04-2013 at 04:35.

EVENT III: There can only be one!

3-7 players, if more candidates, I'll consider a second game (and more prices)

Prices to be won:
    Grief phase blade 30%ias / +347dam / -24%enemyPres / 13life after kill
    Arachnid Mesh 90%ed
    Ber rune
    Ohm rune
    (and as always, unfortunate participants can choose freely from the consolation list)

What is "There can only be one"?
    Basically, a team of new characters start from scratch and after 1 hour of pvm, they duel eachother.

What are the rules?

IN THIS THREAD / PRE CONTEST
    - you subscribe with EVENT 3, a character of your choice (each of the 7 can only be chosen once, I'll have free 8th choice, but I won't win any prices ;-) )

IN GAME / PRE CONTEST
    - we meet in the chat channel ETFDUDE
    - I will designate names for everybody (to avoid any cheating of transferring gold or items)
    - I create a game, and will tell you the password, you create the character and follow asap

IN GAME / PVM PART
    - everybody stays either together or in town, no wandering off for any reasons
    - there will be no use of hacks or external programs of any sorts which might alter the gameplay
    - the drops will be free for all, except for countess quest, which will be skipped (any runes along the way can be used)
    - we have to collect all waypoints and quests (except for countess) along the way
    - we play for 1 hour, when I announce the hour is over, everybody instantly uses their townportal
    (no matter which current progress there is, even if andariel is at 10% of her life, 1 hour = 1 hour)
    - you may now shop/gamble for items and prepare yourself (you may do this during the hour, but will risk falling behind in experience or missing a precious drop)

IN GAME / PVP PART
    - everybody duels eachother 1 vs 1 in a 3 round system, if you win twice, you're the victor (3rd round is not played then)
    - standard rules apply (everybody is hostile, no parties, no potions, no going outside the designated duel area, ...)
    - you get points for winning 3 rounds, you get additional points if you beat higher levels
    - the top 4 may choose prices (grief / arachnid / ber / ohm)

What can be expected?
    - usually people get to the catacombs or andariel, but rarely to radamant (depends on the kill speed and finding the right way)
    - the level should be from 12 (lowest ever seen) to 17 (highest ever seen), usually most people are 14-16
    Last edited by Dawnmaster; 17-04-2013 at 04:51. Reason: add/typo

IncGamers Member

EVENT III

So, there is no one?
    If there are some candidates, I'll willingly participate and take a paladin (but I've never ever used a chat channel, so don't know how to do
    ).

Quote Originally Posted by Vain View Post
    EVENT III

So, there is no one?
    If there are some candidates, I'll willingly participate and take a paladin (but I've never ever used a chat channel, so don't know how to do
    ).
    Unless 2 more people join in the next 15 minutes, I think this event is a bust as well...

In which case I guess you're the only "one" :-) and you'll automatically win any 1 of the 5 big prices listed!

The chat channels are easy to use, when you select a character, instead of create/join game, you select "enter chat channel", and then there's a button that allows you to select a chat channel, you can simply type anything you want there.

EDIT: nobody seems to be interested, Mr Vain, you have free choice of 1 of the 5 prices, and then I'll probably close this thread, Mr Vain, you can pm me the item you desire, and I'll muletrade it for you, or you can come to my game (online now *redflux)
    Last edited by Dawnmaster; 17-04-2013 at 18:02. Reason: add

IncGamers Member

Woooow... i'd love the event III, i'm sorry i couldn't join.
    I'd love to partecipate, if done again